• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Septera - Project Complete - Coming Soon

What Exp Rate would you prefer on a low rate?

• 1x

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 2-3x Permanent

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • 2-3x Scaling to 1x or lower

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the detailed answer.

Yes, 100% cipsoft equations do lower the damage from mages a lot compared to 'otservers', but also usually lowers the damage of ek/rp coz of their super low attack in general on 7.4/7.7 with lots of misses, and the fact that monsters have high defense (need 80/80 to hunt dguards with profit due to their insane armor, etc). 7.4 mana system def makes mages harder as you cannot spam 'exori vis' + wand with 100% profit. On the other hand, 7.4 mana system makes mages stronger on high lvl (ue 800 mana f.e). Realots had many buffs for paladins and knights to make them better at higher levels, have you considered implementing these or similar ones? (F.e enchant, light bolts, assassin stars).

Nerfing GFB/UE's AOE damage in PvP sounds like a good enough fix though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed answer.

Yes, 100% cipsoft equations do lower the damage from mages a lot compared to 'otservers', but also usually lowers the damage of ek/rp coz of their super low attack in general on 7.4/7.7 with lots of misses, and the fact that monsters have high defense (need 80/80 to hunt dguards with profit due to their insane armor, etc). 7.4 mana system def makes mages harder as you cannot spam 'exori vis' + wand with 100% profit. On the other hand, 7.4 mana system makes mages stronger on high lvl (ue 800 mana f.e). Realots had many buffs for paladins and knights to make them better at higher levels, have you considered implementing these or similar ones? (F.e enchant, light bolts, assassin stars).

Nerfing GFB/UE's AOE damage in PvP sounds like a good enough fix though.
We're more likely going to approach the concept of nerfing rather than buffing. We do believe that where Cipsoft and certain big popular servers went wrong, was by buffing everything to the point of unplayable, with melee and distance damage being doubled. Characters reaching ridiculously high levels where the hardest monsters felt like rats and custom distance weapons that would apply ticking damage that one shot everything in entire spawns.

GFB/UE nerfs are better solutions for PvP issues that might arise around sorcerers especially. But we're also looking at some different more skill based concepts where Druids will play a counter-role towards Sorcerers. It'll be up to the community to give their input and decide later on.

We will definitely not look to make any other adjustments towards paladins and knights for a foreseeable future. And if we do, they'll most likely be PvE oriented. Like I said previously, Knights and Paladins are a lot stronger than they've been on other servers, both in PvP but especially in PvE at higher levels. There is a scaling system for both melee and distance, that other servers have failed to implement. A level 200 with same skill as level 80 won't do anywhere near the same damage. :p

Yeah i agree nerfing is better! I got 2 questions

1) How is rp/ek strong PvE lategame, when usually they end up GFBing tomb just like mage but with less exp/h
2) What scaling system are you refering too? According to medivia (i believe they're like cipfiles since this was implemented from day one b4 custom stuff started):

Paladins dmg: (Small boost to min damage / level) :

Every five levels (5lvl) gives you one more point of minimum damage. So a level 50 would have a minimum damage of 10 this don't exactly do a great impact on your damage, and does NOT effect your maximum damage.I repeat, a level 100 with 90 dist does NOT hit harder then a level 8 with 90 dist. - Medivia - Distance Fighting - How does it work?.

Knights dmg: (has nothing to do with level)

0.06 * Skill * WeaponAtk

Last edited:
lower gfb/ue when player on screen plz. 5 % for every person on screen up to 70 %.

what is the mana regeneration like

and how did u change paladins? or will this be typical sorc server?

lower gfb/ue when player on screen plz. 5 % for every person on screen up to 70 %.
We're prepared to implement that change, but we want to discuss it with our future community first! :)
Paladins have proper formulas on Septera, which includes minimum damage.

That's fucked up. It nerfs small teams (3~8) and promotes mass teams. To hell with that. Let it be the way it is. Or just change gfbs, keep ues as they are.

Mus, Matte, Decoy, Taze, Delicato, Kanth, Omar, Thumpe, Jarn, Mahmoud, Inter, Zilie, Ottar and Senseless are some of the people on top of my mind whom helped or participated in beta testing.
Ah talked with dominic and realised who you are, thumbs up for this project! Might try this out if my mates feels like it.

That's fucked up. It nerfs small teams (3~8) and promotes mass teams. To hell with that. Let it be the way it is. Or just change gfbs, keep ues as they are.
We've considered this too. If/when we change the UE/GFB systems, we will do it in a way that accounts further than blatantly reducing. Making sneaks and other few number combat scenarios as well as defense breaks more unchanged while yet applying the proper measurements for massive teams.

We've considered this too. If/when we change the UE/GFB systems, we will do it in a way that accounts further than blatantly reducing. Making sneaks and other few number combat scenarios as well as defense breaks more unchanged while yet applying the proper measurements for massive teams.

We will see. Gl.

dodging my questions i see, 90% sorcs i forsee... seeing is believing...

dodging my questions i see, 90% sorcs i forsee... seeing is believing...
Sorry, I had no intention of dodging this question and I actually tried to answer it in a matter I thought would be satisfying.

Sorcerers are the "Cool vocation" in Tibia, and has been the stone age and even more so since Liam darkcrosser became famous. People will attempt to play Sorcerer no matter if it's hard or not until the end of times, especially on highrates where it's easier to exp sorcerers and therefore also on this server. However, I do believe that the other vocations have more too offer than people will assume initially due to having proper formulas making them a lot stronger than people are used too.

This server won't be super easy to level at, it offers realistic gameplay and the other vocations will excel at this more than Sorcerers does who are generally considered harder to level for the first 50 levels.

Ah, good. Yes, vocations are balanced at around level 50 according to PvP-servers usually using level 50's, etc. I'm on about higher levels. People will reach level 50 in what 6 hours or something?

1) How is rp/ek strong PvE lategame?
2) What scaling system are you refering too?

will there be empty vials ? Zzzz , u shud tell us what exp places there is and so on

aha 30 players created and servers starts in a few hours

fking dead ot where is your advertisement?

nobody will play this shits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back