• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] The OX Server 10.95 | Starts 19.06.2016 15:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
show us how many characters are made already please
Dunno if its really necessary, but I know about like 6 big Teams who are going to start. I guess the Server will have an online average of 1k Player.

What does give you VIP membership?
It isn't released yet, but Josh said one of the features will be "traveling for free"

Dunno if its really necessary, but I know about like 6 big Teams who are going to start. I guess the Server will have an online average of 1k Player.

It isn't released yet, but Josh said one of the features will be "traveling for free"

would be nice if we could see second hexera/shadowcores amounts of people :))

1095 doen't contain any new things, You can keep 1094 ~ 1095, they use same object flags.

1095 doen't contain any new things, You can keep 1094 ~ 1095, they use same object flags.

We're not going to support protocol ranges. It adds confusion for the player base, simpler to support a single protocol.

I noticed no countdown for launch? How come might I ask?

I hope it doesn't affect the amount of players, as for many servers they wont hit past 200 without a countdown, and for real maps its pretty important to be hitting near 1k mark as a vast majority of real map players quit after 2-3 days.

I noticed no countdown for launch? How come might I ask?

I hope it doesn't affect the amount of players, as for many servers they wont hit past 200 without a countdown, and for real maps its pretty important to be hitting near 1k mark as a vast majority of real map players quit after 2-3 days.
There is a countdown on their website.

I was referring to otservlist, where 95% of players come from, not the 5% from otland.
Oh right.
They've stated they got their own advertisings as Blinkz said. As I recall, the guys from otservlist dislike OX and wont listen or something. But if you were following this when they launched a beta last year, they had over 800 people show up within 30seconds for the beta, so theres nothing to worry about.

Oh right.
They've stated they got their own advertisings as Blinkz said. As I recall, the guys from otservlist dislike OX and wont listen or something. But if you were following this when they launched a beta last year, they had over 800 people show up within 30seconds for the beta, so theres nothing to worry about.
Oh, it says there was only a high of 59 on the beta. That's interesting Xinn doesn't like them, he's a pretty easy going guy, I wonder why, weird that he wouldn't let Ox give him money also. I hope for a strong launch, I hope this can be the next shadowcores, an rl map that stays up for more than 30 days.

Oh, it says there was only a high of 59 on the beta. That's interesting Xinn doesn't like them, he's a pretty easy going guy, I wonder why, weird that he wouldn't let Ox give him money also. I hope for a strong launch, I hope this can be the next shadowcores, an rl map that stays up for more than 30 days.
Completely agree on you. It's hard to find any good rl map servers that stay up for longer then 30 days without:
1- Losing 70% of their player base
2- Restarting

Completely agree on you. It's hard to find any good rl map servers that stay up for longer then 30 days without:
1- Losing 70% of their player base
2- Restarting
The issue is its a snowball affect, after 7 days when people see 200 less on than launch, they start thinking it's dieing, so they quit cause they dont want to play a dieing server, then more see that and quit. However a large chunk of this stems i think from the real maps that do restart every 14-30 days (multiple come to mind) which I think has caused a very short expectation on real maps by the community, which is too bad.

I would love for there to be a serious dedicated real map project put on that we knew wasn't going anywhere, perhaps that will be ox. In the end of the day though, the developers need to think it's worth it. If it's not worth the developers time anymore, it wont be developed anymore... IE what happened to shadowcores. I'm hoping this server (as much as people will hate me for saying this if they dont have a job and cant donate $20) will have things worth buying from the shop so that they actually see a steady income and thus don't leave the project because it's one day not worth their time.

OTServlist countdown is ridiculously overpriced, and although we can afford it, we're not paying it.
Xinn is taking advantage of his monopoly and gouging server owners.

That being said we're running our own campaigns, we can't reach everyone but we've made a large dent:
9Ji4xzj.png

We've also been in contact with large Tibia guilds and PvP teams, we're preparing for a large launch, but time will tell...

At the end of the day we're happy with whatever the turnout is, people will see the quality and dedication and eventually come over :D

OTServlist countdown is ridiculously overpriced, and although we can afford it, we're not paying it.
Xinn is taking advantage of his monopoly and gouging server owners.

That being said we're running our own campaigns, we can't reach everyone but we've made a large dent:
9Ji4xzj.png

We've also been in contact with large Tibia guilds and PvP teams, we're preparing for a large launch, but time will tell...

At the end of the day we're happy with whatever the turnout is, people will see the quality and dedication and eventually come over :D
man wtf you're making me horny with the OX server.. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.