• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Thorsan 8.0 Rl-Map RPG (2x exp), Start August 26, 18:00 CEST

Marcus

User.postCount++;
Solutions
Reaction score
header_05_19.gif

zRfV8K.png

Launch: Friday, August 26, 18:00 CEST

What is Thorsan?
Thorsan is a 8.0 real map server that was started to being built and designed around February this year.
It's been designed and built to be as close to CipSoft at state 8.0 as possible as foundation, with a few improvements on the less loved function of Cipsoft (gold & plats while buying stuffs, for example).
After the 8.0 foundation, we will expand the game without ruining the 8.0 aspect.

Rates
Skills:
2x
Magic: 2x
Item Drop: 1.5x
Gold Drop: 1.5x

Everyone will start with 5 days of free premium (that will be activated when you first login)
Everyone will start at level 1 in Rookgaard.
Items in your equipment will be upgraded to best possible Rookgaard equipement when you leave Rookgaard (see Thorsan Tutorial Video 3, Leaving Rookgaard for details)

Remember,
Once this game starts, it will NEVER reset, and NEVER go offline!

Task for killing 1000 Dworcs gives 1917 Exp and 650 Gold, cant wait to rush this task and reap the huge reward!

Task for killing 1000 Dworcs gives 1917 Exp and 650 Gold, cant wait to rush this task and reap the huge reward!
1917exp !?!?!?!? as in 2,738571428571429 dragons? omg i gonna join and tell all my friends!!!

First of, it's 2x exp.. so 2k exp from tasks becomes 4k in reality.
Second, rewards need to be nerfed as much as possible, since you can share tasks with up to 20 players at same time.
Third, Since you can repeat tasks million of times if chosen, we can't have it abuse able to gain huge advantage.
Fourth, You can multi-task all the time, you don't have to take 1 task, and then go through it before be able to switch or have to cancel after 100 kills because the grounds are taken 24/7, in Thorsan all tasks are active and combined at same time, A small visit to Poh from venore and then straight back to Venore could mean you collected kills for 5+ tasks alone (Which make tasks themselves less annoying and more rewarding since you don't have to do a 1k mob task and can't find good hunting place).
Last, If done well.. doing Tasks constantly make the exp seeming like 2.2x all the time for you + free money once in a while.

Imagine you do tasks for like minotaurs in a game, and use Plains of havoc.. you're killing probably 5x more monsters than you actually get kill count for.
in Thorsan, you pretty much get 5x more kill counts because all the tasks combined, making at the end of your "finish one task", you might have enough to finish 5 tasks which really make the reward even 5x higher than you think..

Don't judge a game without knowing how stuffs works.. You should try a game before nagging down on a few numbers on a page.

Also let me show you how the server will work like..

1. Gain money
2. Reset

end :D :D :D :D :DDD
Failed to see the notes that it will never reset or go offline?
The pure reason Thorsan was created?
It was online as a BETA with no options to donate to for 6 months...
Hardly any money-grab servers would keep a server online for half a year for free and not accepting donations........

played Thorsan Midrate . I really liked the experience of reliving that time . I and my group will be there again , I hope that we succeed in keeping alive the server and that it does not reset

Failed to see the notes that it will never reset or go offline?
The pure reason Thorsan was created?
It was online as a BETA with no options to donate to for 6 months...
Hardly any money-grab servers would keep a server online for half a year for free and not accepting donations........

And rules about BOT's? Anti-BOT Client?

played Thorsan Midrate . I really liked the experience of reliving that time . I and my group will be there again , I hope that we succeed in keeping alive the server and that it does not reset
Thorsan RPG has a lot bigger chance for staying alive than the Midrate, for obvious reasons, midrates doesn't stay alive long, and it's easy for retired players to get pretty high lvl and kill all low levels (what's happening right now).
But as I promised, not even the midrate will reset.. it's been up for about a month so far and been dead a few weeks.
In the RPG it will be harder to get highlvl and there will be more at stake if someone decided to go full asshole :D

And rules about BOT's? Anti-BOT Client?
The client is somewhat antibot, normal 8.0 bots wont functional very much but that doesn't mean there wont be bots ever.. like other servers with "antibot client" it's just matter of time before bots come around.
But.. I will be deleting anyone who tries to bot, as you will notice when you create an account, is that you yourself have to write that you're aware that you will be deleted if you use bot/macro.

(Bottom of account registration)
WVfh_Ns.png

Thats great! I cant wait to start :D

BTW. @OpenTibiaServer check messages at opentibiaservers.net :p
Done :)

I am very hyped for this :D
Glad to hear!
Been waiting for this launch for ages :)

there wont be a us server?
First world will be European.
Eventually we will work like CipSoft, and expand by having more worlds.
Ofc such thing might not happen for years, but it's in the plans.
First Thorsan must have a great number of fans to its playerbase before talking about expanding :)

First world will be European.
Eventually we will work like CipSoft, and expand by having more worlds.
Ofc such thing might not happen for years, but it's in the plans.
First Thorsan must have a great number of fans to its playerbase before talking about expanding :)
Sadly i will only believe it when i see it.

@OpenTibiaServer

I do not know how is working the task system but analyzing first glance the rewards seem very low , the task system looks a bit like the medivia but there Larva Task give a reward 70k exp. I guess you could look at this task system more carefully , it is important for the progression of the game , I know that in most cases the players are boring and only criticize and my intention with this post is not to criticize , it is to give feedback.

ofc the task system is bad, you dont even have to take it from the npc and choose a task, they're all active at the same time, LOL. that is so pointless because you might aswell make the exp 2.1x and it would amount to the same stuff, his task system is a "passive" exp buff, no choices to make u just go wherever u want and task is active.

ofc the task system is bad, you dont even have to take it from the npc and choose a task, they're all active at the same time, LOL. that is so pointless because you might aswell make the exp 2.1x and it would amount to the same stuff, his task system is a "passive" exp buff, no choices to make u just go wherever u want and task is active.

i've been played Medivia and he task system is good, hard but good, a good reward with XP and GOLD to finish task,

I expect him to review these rewards

Back