• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Free Scripting. TFS [1.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkalo

ボーカロイド
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Rules:
  1. ONLY TFS 1.2 ONLY TFS 1.2 ONLY TFS 1.2
  2. Don't ask for fix/convert/copy a script.
  3. Provide enough information about your request (you may provide a video as long its made by you). I may not answer you if you don't.
  4. Ask only for advanced and complex scripts/systems. You may ask for simple stuff but the chances of me being interested to do it is low.
  5. If your request require heavy source modification I won't do it.
  6. Anyone can do the requests if you feel like doing it.
  7. Be nice.

I don't have much time to do lots of scripts, so I'll make this work by placing the requests in a list and I'll do them in order of request. I'll try to do 1~3/week.
If I like your post it means I'm going to do it and it will be added to the list. If I don't like or I don't put it in the list, don't ask again because I'm not doing it.
Most likely I will post the requests in a different thread and link the thread here.

I will also stream while doing all requests, so if you feel like "learning"(watching) the process you can check it at http://www.twitch.tv/mkalo

Cya.

Last edited:
Comments are just comments. Lol...
and they make your script ugly.
Use comments only when needed.

and why your main function as last? I would understand if your other functions were local functions. But they are not.

So tiresome to read all this. I gave up half way.

and they make your script ugly.
Use comments only when needed.

and why your main function as last? I would understand if your other functions were local functions. But they are not.

So tiresome to read all this. I gave up half way.
Ideally I would create a lib and put all that stuff in it. But it does not change the functionality of it and its easier to reload/test while coding if you place them in the same file.

The code is a custom quest/puzzle, I did not focus on making the script pretty, as long as it worked.

Edit:
About the comments, the comments are in a nice green color in my text editor and its easier for me to locate it, I always put comments in it but after its done I remove them but I didn't have time to do it as I was going afk.

oWOGH2M.jpg

Well you can always remove the comments.

Last edited:
@MatheusMkalo do not use redundant comments.

-- Lever states
local leverstates = {

wtf?

-- Safe pos
local safepos = Position(124, 358, 6)

again..

-- Time to restore
local restoretime = 30 -- seconds

again....

-- Delay between uses
local delay = 2 -- seconds

its called interval

etc..
You get the point.

pairs are easier to read.
for i = 1, #tokens do
-->
for _, pos in ipairs(tokens) do
Indeed you should avoid obvious comments in the code, but come on, you can give him that feedback better than try to make him looks stupid with comments like "wtf?" ...
Thanks @MatheusMkalo , I know you put a lot of time & effort into this, I really appreciate it.

Cheers :)

but come on, you can give him that feedback better than try to make him looks stupid with comments like "wtf?" ...
my crumpy way to show what i was thinking when i saw his code.

Ideally I would create a lib and put all that stuff in it. But it does not change the functionality of it and its easier to reload/test while coding if you place them in the same file.
All in same file is good. But order matters.
Scripts should not only be about it working. Its should be easy to read and understand.

my crumpy way to show what i was thinking when i saw his code.

All in same file is good. But order matters.
Scripts should not only be about it working. Its should be easy to read and understand.
order matters when u have no order bro but comments are comments

A great and helpfull way, keep it up, thank you.

We seem to miss a Classic Capture The Flag Event for TFS 1.2.
Please tell me if you want further information. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin

A great and helpfull way, keep it up, thank you.

We seem to miss a Classic Capture The Flag Event for TFS 1.2.
Please tell me if you want further information. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin
This event usually needs a map, and a lot of custom stuff, if you can explain every single information on how it should work and provide a map, I would gladly do it for you.

Last edited:
thank you very much, now I'll format my pc to use the fucking MVS :(
good night and again thank you ;)

I need: Shapeshifter - The player can change between 4 forms of creatures. 1) Tank 2) DPS (damage per second 3) Full damage 4) Healer/buffer

If you can make a config so I can set what they look like when changing to each form that would be awesome.

Each 10 levels they will unlock a new look to transform too. (there will be an ability to donate for different forums so if you could put that in some how)

While the player transforms they will be given an armor set (defined in the script) and their skills will be increased.

The player gets 1 stat point per level to add onto one of their forms.

When the stat point is used it increases the armor value of the armor they are given, along with what their skill level is increased too.

When the player transforms back to their regular form they will lose their armor and their skills will be set to 10. (other then fishing) Making the player have to chose a form to fight with as you can tell.

Tank - Stat points
*Increase Max Hp + 20 (+ 5 per stat point)
*Increase Shielding to 15 (+ 2 per stat point)
*Armor set will start with 5def on each peice (+1 per stat point)
*After 10 stat points are used armor will upgrade to a new set (and each 20 points after that)

DPS - Stat points
*Increase Max Hp + 10 (+ 1 per stat point)
*Increase Sword_Skill to 12 (+ 2 per stat point)
*Increase Shielding to 12 (+ 1 per stat point)
*Armor starts at 2def (+1 per stat point)
*After 10 points armor upgrades (and each 20 points after that)

Full Damage - Stat Points
*No HP increase
*Increase all weapon skills to 15(+2 per stat point)
*Increase Shielding to 12 (+ 1 per stat point)
*Armor 3def (+1 per stat point)

Healer - Stat points
*No hp increase
*Increase Max Mana + 10 (+3 per stat point)
*Increase Magic_level + 5 (+2 per stat point)
*Shielding start 10 (+ 1 per stat point)
*Armor 1def (+ 1 per stat point)

10 second exhaust on changing form. Cannot change form in combat.

This is a complex script, I know, but it doesn't require source edits. So I hope you will take it :) Thank you.

Last edited:
https://otland.net/threads/flying-mount-system-tfs-1-2.242326/

@whitevo, @Cornex see this one was meant to be readed and understanded because people are probably going to have to modify to whatever they want. The quest was not for modifying :3
This one looks good.
But this still doesn't mean the other one should look crappy, just because you know you could do better xD

Btw, what I like to do is turn the event scripts into functions and then put all the script related things to single file.
Its makes the finding codes much easier.

This one looks good.
But this still doesn't mean the other one should look crappy, just because you know you could do better xD

Btw, what I like to do is turn the event scripts into functions and then put all the script related things to single file.
Its makes the finding codes much easier.
Don't be so anal... this person is kind enough to write some of the scripts requested as so many others do or have in the past.. however, people still need to learn to do things themselves because some of us will eventually move onto bigger and better things or just die of old age :p so let them construct their own method of organization/execution @MatheusMkalo is just providing people with a starting point not a definitive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back