• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Free TFS (1.X) scripts - post your ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

oen432

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Oen44
Hello guys,

I'm trying to convince people to use TFS 1.3 with all that free stuff but I need you guys to help me, I'm out of ideas.
Post your ideas about new scripts you ever wished to have or something. If they are good enough I'll try and create them and then post for free for everyone.
Keep in mind that this is only Lua side and TFS 1.X. I'll switch to working with source (again) at some point and post new thread but that later.

I'll try and keep this thread updated with a list of what is done and whose idea it was.

Last edited:
[Spell] summon a arrow shooter machine in the ground that hits 3 targets at a time and desapears after 15 secs if its not destroyed

:)

[Spell] summon a arrow shooter machine in the ground that hits 3 targets at a time and desapears after 15 secs if its not destroyed

:)
So pretty much just new monster that can be summoned. Nothing special, sorry.

some ninja Spells?
Maybe something better than just a spell? Didn't think that people would want spells more than new events or such.
Or at least tell me more, I need more information.

I think the modal window tasks are not for public yet :)

Maybe some advanced quests/ani as far as i know all of them are them same there is nothing interesting in it at all, so my idea would be something like this. You need 4 players to enter this ani all of you have to be in party if one of the members press on lever it teleports your team to custome x,y,z once it teleports you all those players get different missions. Eample first player - cut 30 trees, Second Player - Collects 30 hearts from frogs, Third - Find 30 dildos in a map, Fourth - Kill 50 Wolfs. So once they complete their missions they have to talk with NPC and get key from it it wont give you a key if you didnt completed your mission, so once your team have those keys there is another lever based teleport, you have to have key if not it wont teleport whole team to another mission part. So lets say it teleports you to another part of mission which separates whole team and you have to kill "Boss" solo, so all those players have to kill their custome boss solo so it teleports them into different x,y,z, so once you kill your boss it teleports you from a a room once your whole team meets once again there is a room with blocked way so to unlock that way your whole team have to click on lewer or any other object, and it opens another room and once you enter it there is main boss once you kill it, this ani is completed you get your rewards. So thats my idea script idea that i would love to see :D

What about a dungeon system.

1-Teleport in city
2-player needs x level
3-player needs party and 5 members
4.- teleport checks empty instance
5.-killing last boss resets instance

Optional.
Storage of previous dungeons required

Maybe some advanced quests/ani as far as i know all of them are them same there is nothing interesting in it at all, so my idea would be something like this. You need 4 players to enter this ani all of you have to be in party if one of the members press on lever it teleports your team to custome x,y,z once it teleports you all those players get different missions. Eample first player - cut 30 trees, Second Player - Collects 30 hearts from frogs, Third - Find 30 dildos in a map, Fourth - Kill 50 Wolfs. So once they complete their missions they have to talk with NPC and get key from it it wont give you a key if you didnt completed your mission, so once your team have those keys there is another lever based teleport, you have to have key if not it wont teleport whole team to another mission part. So lets say it teleports you to another part of mission which separates whole team and you have to kill "Boss" solo, so all those players have to kill their custome boss solo so it teleports them into different x,y,z, so once you kill your boss it teleports you from a a room once your whole team meets once again there is a room with blocked way so to unlock that way your whole team have to click on lewer or any other object, and it opens another room and once you enter it there is main boss once you kill it, this ani is completed you get your rewards. So thats my idea script idea that i would love to see :D
So pretty much Staged Dungeon. Can be boring tho. Killing some monsters or right-clicking on a tree, that's just meh. Think that through.

What about a dungeon system.

1-Teleport in city
2-player needs x level
3-player needs party and 5 members
4.- teleport checks empty instance
5.-killing last boss resets instance

Optional.
Storage of previous dungeons required
Sure, I'll work on that.

So pretty much Staged Dungeon. Can be boring tho. Killing some monsters or right-clicking on a tree, that's just meh. Think that through.

Sure, I'll work on that.
Its not boring if you bring story in this dungeon ;)

6.- if the instance is on use, teleport to another empty instance

Since your last scripts are mostly from "diablo3" ideas I suggest this:

Rift event:
· 1-4 players queue, party or random.
· Random Spawn of shrines, cursed chests.
· ladder for ranking.
· Random map zone with random monster spawn, etc.

Im pretty sure you know how rifts work :p

Since your last scripts are mostly from "diablo3" ideas I suggest this:

Rift event:
· 1-4 players queue, party or random.
· Random Spawn of shrines, cursed chests.
· ladder for ranking.
· Random map zone with random monster spawn, etc.

Im pretty sure you know how rifts work :p
Sure thing I do. Unfortunately that would require source editing to make monsters more powerful with each rift tier.

Nope.
Lua:
for i = 1, 80 do
            summoned = doSummonCreature("demon", {x = math.random(spawn1.minX, spawn1.maxX), y = math.random(spawn1.minY, spawn1.maxY), z = spawn1.z})
            if summoned ~= false then
                local rifttier = globalstorage from a modalwindow selecting tier for example.
                local hp = Creature(summoned):getMaxHealth() + (Creature(summoned):getMaxHealth() * (rifttier/10))
                Creature(summoned):setMaxHealth(hp)
                Creature(summoned):addHealth(Creature(summoned1):getMaxHealth())
                Creature(summoned):setStorageValue(storage)
            end
        end
Then onchangehealth function you could make monsters hit harder based on the storage you added to it.
Its just an idea.. but there are other methods.

Nope.
Lua:
for i = 1, 80 do
            summoned = doSummonCreature("demon", {x = math.random(spawn1.minX, spawn1.maxX), y = math.random(spawn1.minY, spawn1.maxY), z = spawn1.z})
                local hp = Creature(summoned):getMaxHealth() + (Creature(summoned):getMaxHealth() * (rifttier/10))
            end
        end
Then onchangehealth function you could make monsters hit harder based on the storage you added to it.
Storagevalues aren't supported for monsters on TFS 1.x+ series

Nope.
Lua:
for i = 1, 80 do
            end
        end
I know, I just don't like that approach. Using a lot of healthchange events can get messy if executed in wrong order (like before damage mitigation or such).

Storagevalues aren't supported for monsters on TFS 1.x+ series
Plenty of other ways to make it.

Hi!

the one thing that I would mention is expanded and well written task system for TFS 1.X. But not "Killing in the name of..." quest, but fully customisable system which allows for example:
  • to take X number of tasks at once, if player's requirements are met
  • killing groups of monsters (for example all apes in one task, all elves etc)
  • some tasks have specific requirements (for example storage ID, item, level)
  • different types of rewards like items, exp, skills
  • spliting it into few npcs (not just one) would be nice, more RPG feel

Maybe something else, it was just a few first thoughts.

I don't know if you feel like doing something, which has been done many times before BUT with worse results. Something high quality in this matter I think would be appreciated and used very frequently on almost every server.

Hi!

the one thing that I would mention is expanded and well written task system for TFS 1.X. But not "Killing in the name of..." quest, but fully customisable system which allows for example:
  • to take X number of tasks at once, if player's requirements are met
  • killing groups of monsters (for example all apes in one task, all elves etc)
  • some tasks have specific requirements (for example storage ID, item, level)
  • different types of rewards like items, exp, skills
  • spliting it into few npcs (not just one) would be nice, more RPG feel
Maybe something else, it was just a few first thoughts.

I don't know if you feel like doing something, which has been done many times before BUT with worse results. Something high quality in this matter I think would be appreciated and used very frequently on almost every server.
Can do :)

Would be nice, we just have to think on available features to make it really pro :)

Spells that have a casting time, if you're hit during the "casting", it interrupts your spell.
But I am unsure if that's possible using only lua, I would personally go for .cpp immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back