• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Free TFS (1.X) scripts - post your ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some people asking for some command that degrade skill levels, maybe you want to do it!

per example:
Code:
/removeSkill name,skillType,levels
I notice that you want to do things and entertain yourself so I leave that simple task ;)

I have seen some people asking for some command that degrade skill levels, maybe you want to do it!

per example:
Code:
/removeSkill name,skillType,levels
I notice that you want to do things and entertain yourself so I leave that simple task ;)
This requires source edits.

Sorry, i have forgotten that you do not want to modify the sources at the moment.

Wtf lol, everytime someone want something more complicated than addHealth you msg 'source editing' XD

Not possible.

I think someone did that already.

Not worth using Lua in this case.

Not possible.

From now on I'm reporting every post that is not related to this topic. I hope that mods will delete them as offtopic.
START READING GOD DAMN IT! LUA ONLY, TFS ONLY!
Make a Rare Glowing Monsters - Depends, you can change glowing to add some magicEffect every second or so. Don't need source edit. With source it would be easier + more efficient but it's not required.

Improve Collect Loot (Not Autoloot) - Why not worth using lua?

Mark Party Members in Minimap - Possible but not just lua + need OTC edit probably. getParty,addMapMark just need removeMapMark.

Not possible without source editing.

As @Aeronx said, this is just too easy.

I like that "complete quest to gain more power" idea but it's just a quest like any other... Sorry but there is nothing special that would be required.
Well what if item is unidentified and you just restart the server? What if item is +X? What if I want to add custom attributes? The best option is just to edit TFS source. I really don't like to be restricted that much. Lets save that for next month when I start working with sources.

Source editing.

Almost the same as NPC Travel Event.
U will be able to hire them for 30min after the 30 minutes timer ends a window will pop asking if you want to renew the contract. - Possible in lua.

This requires source edits.
How about a script, which changes the creatures in specific spawn (removes old ones, spawns new ones) and changes location look just a little bit (few characteristic items in given location) when in-game night comes. - Possible in lua, maybe little bit tricky and no so efficient but still possible.

/removeSkill name,skillType,levels - possible in lua.

Man, if you don't know how to make something it's not mean that it's not possible.

Wtf lol, everytime someone want something more complicated than addHealth you msg 'source editing' XD
Yeah, because I'm so dumb and don't know how to code so only "addHealth" stuff.

Man, if you don't know how to make something it's not mean that it's not possible.
I'm sorry :( I've never did anything with TFS or OTC so I just don't know :(

/s (I'll just leave this here in case someone doesn't get it)

What is this post. If you don't give a damn about own server performance then sure, make everything in Lua (still not everything is possible) and good luck writing hundreds of lines when you could make dozens in source and get same (but better) effect.

Yeah, because I'm so dumb and don't know how to code so only "addHealth" stuff.

I'm sorry :( I've never did anything with TFS or OTC so I just don't know :(

/s (I'll just leave this here in case someone doesn't get it)

What is this post. If you don't give a damn about own server performance then sure, make everything in Lua (still not everything is possible) and good luck writing hundreds of lines when you could make dozens in source and get same (but better) effect.
It's not about performance, you just sayin it's not possible, it is just not efficient.

can you explain me how is it possible?
Sure, i can make everything in weekend lel

Sure, i can make everything in weekend lel
Please do that! I even want to make a $100 bet that you won't make 80% of these stuff properly without source editing.

This guy is funny :D

Please tell us, enlighten me why stuff that I said can't be done without source editing actually can be done. I want you to show me functions that don't exist, like decreasing player level or skill experience. Or something that won't require hundreds of functions and usages of addEvent to make stuff happen.

Why are there people who, the more they think smart, become idiots? wtf

The command that you mention can be done with very simple functions, using SQL calls and a couple of mathematical calculations, however the problem would be that the player must be offline, it would be necessary to disconnect the player to apply the changes, but if possible.

I'm not against anyone here, I just wanted to see and you could do it! ;)

The command that you mention can be done with very simple functions, using SQL calls and a couple of mathematical calculations, however the problem would be that the player must be offline, it would be necessary to disconnect the player to apply the changes, but if possible.

I'm not against anyone here, I just wanted to see and you could do it! ;)
It would be easier and better to make it opposite way to /addSkill or whatever it's called. Not just because player can be offline but there is no need to do all these SQL queries and a lot of code determining which skill you want to edit. I don't see point of using Lua for that. You can create methods in source and then use Lua binding. You can use these functions for different things without spamming SQL queries.

People are depending on Lua too much. Keep in mind that some things are better (performance wise mostly) when made in source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back