• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Free TFS (1.X) scripts - post your ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spells that have a casting time, if you're hit during the "casting", it interrupts your spell.
But I am unsure if that's possible using only lua, I would personally go for .cpp immediately.
Can be done using Lua. Should be easy to do too. Editing source would be better and could allow faster spell creation but can be done with Lua, some hacks needed but possible.

One more idea.

Boss teleport which:
  • checks player storage id / level / item before letting in
  • checks if someone is already in boss room
  • spawns boss + monsters on player enter
  • prevents another players from entering if someone's already in the boss room
  • removes boss + monsters if player in the boss area dies and resets teleport
  • kicks player the from a room after X time

One more idea.

Boss teleport which:
  • checks player storage id / level / item before letting in
  • checks if someone is already in boss room
  • spawns boss + monsters on player enter
  • prevents another players from entering if someone's already in the boss room
  • removes boss + monsters if player in the boss area dies and resets teleport
  • kicks player the from a room after X time
So pretty much copy of dungeon system.

Hello guys,

I'm trying to convince people to use TFS 1.3 with all that free stuff but I need you guys to help me, I'm out of ideas.
Post your ideas about new scripts you ever wished to have or something. If they are good enough I'll try and create them and then post for free for everyone.
Keep in mind that this is only Lua side and TFS 1.X. I'll switch to working with source (again) at some point and post new thread but that later.

I'll try and keep this thread updated with a list of what is done and whose idea it was.

This is include OTClient? if yes, passive skills tree or spells would be good.
other-> a sword with three element damage (fire + ice + earth)

Passive skill trees is like going from brasil to africa. Thats heavy request right there xD

- Make a Rare Glowing Monsters:
Create a 0.1% or 0.05% chance of a monster being born with this property (glowing, blinking). as they die.
The monster will give you 10x more experience and will provide all available loot (maximum).

- Target NPCs/Shops
When target NPCs Shops the trade will open
if trade is open and target, it will close

- Improve Collect Loot (Not Autoloot)
Collect loot with the right mouse button over a certain item when the body is opened.

- Mark Party Members in Minimap
Create the marking of the party's position on the minimap.

-

Sorry my bad english, lol.

Make a Rare Glowing Monsters
Not possible.

Target NPCs/Shops
I think someone did that already.

Improve Collect Loot (Not Autoloot)
Not worth using Lua in this case.

Mark Party Members in Minimap
Not possible.

From now on I'm reporting every post that is not related to this topic. I hope that mods will delete them as offtopic.
START READING GOD DAMN IT! LUA ONLY, TFS ONLY!

a script that give you mounts and outfits/addons when u kill 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 500 players.

Another ideas, I don't know if they would be too easy for you... :)

• How about a script, which changes the creatures in specific spawn (removes old ones, spawns new ones) and changes location look just a little bit (few characteristic items in given location) when in-game night comes.

• Script that increases critical hit chance and/or crit damage, on certain storage values.
    No storage - low chance/dmg,
    X storage - higher chance/dmg,
    Y storage - even higher chance/dmg ...
    Z storage... and so on...
    Or even separating damage and chance, so players can choose which one they want to pick after e.g. quest completion.

Last edited:
Script that increases critical hit chance and/or crit damage, on certain storage values.
Or even separating damage and chance, so players can choose which one they want to pick after e.g. quest completion.
This is really really easy to achieve with onHealthChange function. There are some scripts and even tutorials to do it on this forum.

This is really really easy to achieve with onHealthChange function. There are some scripts and even tutorials to do it on this forum.

I agree with the tutorial basic crit system is easy, but I rather mean something more advanced and most importantly well written, because it would check every dealt hit on server, so someone unexperienced can lag server I guess, or just waste memory.

You can expand this script nicely with some interesting ideas, let's say playing with elemental damage, for example add bonus only to fire damage after some sort of fire quest or bringing specific item to NPC, so mages/druids can choose which "element" they want to develop on their char. It could give diversity. More or less like skill tree, but in this case related only to critical damage. It could be also related not only to crit, but every damage you deal. Longer scripts wouldn't be so simple anymore.

Anyway, it is just an idea :)

How about a script, which changes the creatures in specific spawn (removes old ones, spawns new ones) and changes location look just a little bit (few characteristic items in given location) when in-game night comes.
Not possible without source editing.

Script that increases critical hit chance and/or crit damage, on certain storage values.
As @Aeronx said, this is just too easy.

I agree with the tutorial basic crit system is easy, but I rather mean something more advanced and most importantly well written, because it would check every dealt hit on server, so someone unexperienced can lag server I guess, or just waste memory.

You can expand this script nicely with some interesting ideas, let's say playing with elemental damage, for example add bonus only to fire damage after some sort of fire quest or bringing specific item to NPC, so mages/druids can choose which "element" they want to develop on their char. It could give diversity. More or less like skill tree, but in this case related only to critical damage. It could be also related not only to crit, but every damage you deal. Longer scripts wouldn't be so simple anymore.

Anyway, it is just an idea :)
I like that "complete quest to gain more power" idea but it's just a quest like any other... Sorry but there is nothing special that would be required.

Ok! :)

Not possible without source editing.

Not possible to use function getWorldTime (for example from watch.lua)? Or use the info, that server starts always at cetrain time during the day in game, night comes after X time and lasts for Y time?

Whats they point to create thread and ask for ideas and when you decline pretty much everything? Just saying :D
Did you read my first post? I did accept 2 ideas that are actually worth doing and someone would take $50 or so to make it. There is a reason why they are not published for free. I'm trying to create something big, not something that most people can do just like that. Really you want me to make some stupid spell over Dungeon or Task System?
And what is this question anyway? How in the world someone even think about hating on such thread, what the heck is wrong with this community.
I'm trying to spend my free time and help things grow FOR FREE.

Not possible to use function getWorldTime (for example from watch.lua)? Or use the info, that server starts always at cetrain time during the day in game, night comes after X time and lasts for Y time?
I meant monster spawns and such.

Last edited:
a mission type GW2 in which a npc or caravan leaves from one city to another and on the way would appear monsters to destroy / plunder the caravan. If she comes to the end she would have a cash reward for the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back