• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for this detailed tutorial. Now I've got a question, I don't have a file mysql.sql in my ot server. What should I do?

Thanks a lot for this detailed tutorial. Now I've got a question, I don't have a file mysql.sql in my ot server. What should I do?

If you use TFS 0.2 I think the name is forgottenserver.sql

Also some just have the name mysql.txt

either it is in same location as the exe (to start the ot) or it is inside the folder named schemas

Got this error

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Everything is working fine. BUT you haven't installed war system on website yet. The error says that your otserver scripts cant find the war system. (Since you most likely installed plain Modern AAC without war system).

fixed...
i try enter in my web and speak: Can't connect to MySQL database.

Last edited:
i try enter in my web and appers:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

In an attempt to regain URL: http://199....

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed
The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out
The remote host (server) or network may be unavailable. Please try again.

Generated Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:07:25 GMT by CACHE-02 (squid)

Last edited:
#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.

This happend for me after a while when i tried to connect to phpmyadmin again..

Failed Connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Acess denied for user 'root'@'localhost

This happends to me when i try to start the server, where exactly do i fix this?

C:\UniServer\home\admin\www\phpMyAdmin
config.inc.php

Its not an empty document. If you only get an empty document, something is seriously messed up.

Failed Connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Acess denied for user 'root'@'localhost

This happends to me when i try to start the server, where exactly do i fix this?

Create a database for your OT server, import it. Follow my guide as it appears. And then in config.lua (on your OT server) write correct details. Just as it says on my tutorial.

i try enter in my web and appers:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

In an attempt to regain URL: http://199....

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed
The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out
The remote host (server) or network may be unavailable. Please try again.

Generated Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:07:25 GMT by CACHE-02 (squid)

Weird, never occurred to me.

Edit: Nvm! Solved!

Make sure you are using mysql from UniServ and not by another program.
You havent fixed controluser. (pma). Looks like you didn't follow my tutorial accurate enough.

I Can't log into phpAdmin, it says this
"Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

Edit: It doesn't work with Google Chrome, it works with Internet Explorer. any idea why?

I Can't log into phpAdmin, it says this
"Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

Edit: It doesn't work with Google Chrome, it works with Internet Explorer. any idea why?

Most likely because you used Google Chrome when following my tutorial. So the cache got fucked up when you changed from config to cookie in phpmyadmin configuration file. Chrome still thinks that you are using config instead of cookie/httpd so it gets fucked up.

Or that you are using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1, chrome got IPv6 support meaning it is not the same any longer.

Anyway, make sure to use 127.0.0.1 instead of "localhost" and do a computer reboot and your problem with google chrome should be fixed.

Works fine now, thanks.

Works fine now thanks
sry for double posting, my internet sux.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i try to logg in to phpmyadmin its says
Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back