• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DonHagman
People can connect to your server if you have ported your server and router properly.
View my additional tutorial dedicated for that: http://otland.net/f479/znotes-port-forwarding-tutorial-small-guide-lot-education-107832/

How to make god?
Enter phpmyadmin ---> players ---> edit your char that you wanna give gm/god ---> give it group id 6.

Here are the list with group ids:
1 normal player
2 tutor
3 senior tutor
4 gamemaster
5 senior gamemaster/community manager?
6 god

You can register to no-ip.com and create a domain name there. And assign it to your global IP. Then they can use the domain name and connect to your OT as long as you have ported your server and written the global IP in config.lua

Thank you for fast reply's.

I have now registered in no-ip.com and created my own domain name. And about assign it to my global IP, What host-type shold I choose? " DNS Host (A), Port 80 Redirect or Web Redirect ?

And should I write my global IP in config.lua in the Uniserver/www or the servermap?

Thanks

Choose 'A' host to your global IP address

Done that. When I write my domain name in my web browser, I just be redirected too my Web-Based Configurator. Any ideas why it doesnt get it work?

And sorry about this stupid question, but what IP is my Global IP? Is it the same as the External IP Adress?

Thanks
Hagman

Last edited:
yo bro i get this error after before i get rdy to import my server to phpadmin
"Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed."

Done that. When I write my domain name in my web browser, I just be redirected too my Web-Based Configurator. Any ideas why it doesnt get it work?

And sorry about this stupid question, but what IP is my Global IP? Is it the same as the External IP Adress?

Thanks
Hagman

Web based configurator? You mean your router? This most likely mean that your router is occupying port 80.
Your global IP address is the IP address that appears when you enter this site: What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address

yo bro i get this error after before i get rdy to import my server to phpadmin
"Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed."

Let me quote the first sentence in my tutorial :p It has been answered tons of times already:
//If you encounter any problems, check our Troubleshooting section HERE before replying.

Click on "HERE" in the quote and click CTRL + F and write "PMA controluser problems" and click ENTER. ;)

yea I figured that out haha, was in a rush on that one, well, u got msn and when i get home from work ill add u and explain the new problem i got

I dont have schemas in my server directory so I dont have the mysql file how can I get it?

Download a compatible distribution and look in my /schemas/ folder.

I downloaded the compatible distribution but the schemas folder is not there.

I get this error when trying to import the mysql file

Last edited by a moderator:
you forgot to select the database in the menu to the left in phpmyadmin before you imported it

phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

<?php
/*
#############################################################################
# Name: The Uniform Server Admin Panel
# Developed By: The Uniform Server Development Team
# Modified Last By: Olajide Olaolorun (empirex) Mike Gleaves (Ric)
# Web: The Uniform Server
# Notes: View Apache's error log.
*/
// Includes
include_once "includes/config.inc.php";
include_once US_APANEL_WWW."/includes/lang/".file_get_contents(US_APANEL_WWW."/includes/.lang").".php";
include_once "includes/header.php";
include_once "includes/secure.php";
include_once USF_CON_FUNCTIONS;

print "<div id=\"main\">";
print "<h2>» ".$US['elog-viewer-head1']."</h2>";
print "<h3>".$US['elog-viewer-head2']."</h3>";
print "<p>";

if ($filearray=file(USF_APACHE_ERROR_LOG)) { // read file into array
foreach ($filearray as $txt) { // scan array for port
print "- $txt <br />";
}
}
else { // failed to read file
print "Cannot read the file";
}

print "</p>";
print "</div>";
include_once "includes/footer.php";
?>

Help me with Uniserver

phpMyAdmin - Error Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

<?php
/*
# Name: The Uniform Server Admin Panel
# Developed By: The Uniform Server Development Team
# Modified Last By: Olajide Olaolorun (empirex) Mike Gleaves (Ric)
# Web: http://www.uniformserver.com
# Notes: View Apache's error log.
*/
// Includes
include_once "includes/config.inc.php";
include_once US_APANEL_WWW."/includes/lang/".file_get_contents(US_APANEL_WWW."/includes/.lang").".php";
include_once "includes/header.php";
include_once "includes/secure.php";
include_once USF_CON_FUNCTIONS;

print "<div id=\"main\">";
print "<h2>» ".$US['elog-viewer-head1']."</h2>";
print "<h3>".$US['elog-viewer-head2']."</h3>";
print "<p>";

if ($filearray=file(USF_APACHE_ERROR_LOG)) { // read file into array
foreach ($filearray as $txt) { // scan array for port
print "- $txt <br />";
}
}
else { // failed to read file
print "Cannot read the file";
}

print "</p>";
print "</div>";
include_once "includes/footer.php";
?>

Right now, its like this

You enter phpmyadmin

But before you get to phpmyadmin, you have to authenticate yourself by writing the apanel username and password.

wen i enter the code in my search bar and i find config.inc.php, and i try to open it. i dont see any of the coding i should. my browser just goes white, except for my tool bars n such.

im following znotes directions. its been great until this point. he said to open it with notepad++ or just notepad but wen i do and make the changes i cant get them to register to the site because there on notepad! what do you think?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ^^

Oh no!
All was fine but now, when I try to log in on "phpMyAdmin" and "Go" that message appears...

phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly.

What happens? DD:

Last edited by a moderator:
phpMyAdmin - Error
AND:
Oh no!
All was fine but now, when I try to log in on "phpMyAdmin" and "Go" that message appears...

phpMyAdmin - Error

What happens? DD:

From troubleshooting section:
I Can't log into phpAdmin, it says this
"Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

Edit: It doesn't work with Google Chrome, it works with Internet Explorer. any idea why?

Most likely because you used Google Chrome when following my tutorial. So the cache got fucked up when you changed from config to cookie in phpmyadmin configuration file. Chrome still thinks that you are using config instead of cookie/httpd so it gets fucked up.

Or that you are using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1, chrome got IPv6 support meaning it is not the same any longer.

Anyway, make sure to use 127.0.0.1 instead of "localhost" and do a computer reboot and your problem with google chrome should be fixed.

Thats what i get after typing

http://localhost/apanel/phpmyadmin/

PHP:
phpMyAdmin - Error

Any idea?

The cache on your web browser got messed up when you changed your phpmyadmin from config to cookie/httpd.
Use another browser, or reboot your computer. Or clear the browsers cache.

Example: If you got this error on google chrome, use firefox or IE. If you got this message on Firefox or IE, use google chrome.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:
I fucked up all "phpMyAdmin", how can I get new or refresh it to back to normal? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back