• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
im stucked here Scroll a little down and you see:
PHP Code:
/* PMA User advanced features */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'pma';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = '';
change
PHP Code:
i got error at php my admin
please help me!!!

For the recent replies I havent quoted: I have answered many times already, and you can most likely find it in our troubleshooting section. (my 3rd post in first page).

im stucked here Scroll a little down and you see:
PHP Code:
change
PHP Code:
i got error at php my admin
please help me!!!

What is it you dont understand? insert pma pass in controlpass.

Windows 7 prof 64 bit and last version of firefox. I tried reinstall few times but the same ... I tried reboot computer but the same ... :(

3. For windows 7 you should made other tutorial

Tutorial is based on Windows 7. :p
And I got it running flawlessy on my local Windows 7 64bit computer. No problems. And I have directly-followed my own tutorial now over 20 times on different computers with different OSes all over the world.

Works without any problems on:
Any Windows XP 32bit
Windows 2003 Server Edition (web edition + enterprise edition + standard edition) 32bit
(haven't tested datacenter edition)

Windows 2008 server edition (web edition) 32bit
Any Windows Vista 32bit

Any Windows 7 32bit
Any Windows 7 64bit

Unstable (People having trouble installing, I usually manage to make it work (80% of the cases) over windows RDP.
Windows XP 64bit
Windows Server 2003 (any 64bit)
Windows Vista 64bit

Last edited:
Perfect guide, worked perfect when Uniserver to my homecomputer,

but when installing on my dedicated (downloaded the file for windows7/ 2008) I ran into problems right after unzipping/installing files to C:/ -
In the Uniserver folder I only have to runable program, its : "Start_Unitray_2" and "Run_pre_check"

So I figured the the startunitray w/e file, nothing happens while clicking, so I tested the runprecheck and it said this:
"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration isincorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

? xD
(but when downloading the windows xp version It seems to work?)

Perfect guide, worked perfect when Uniserver to my homecomputer,

but when installing on my dedicated (downloaded the file for windows7/ 2008) I ran into problems right after unzipping/installing files to C:/ -
In the Uniserver folder I only have to runable program, its : "Start_Unitray_2" and "Run_pre_check"

So I figured the the startunitray w/e file, nothing happens while clicking, so I tested the runprecheck and it said this:
"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration isincorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

? xD
(but when downloading the windows xp version It seems to work?)

OS?

Did you try to do a clean install from the download links I gave at this thread on the dediated server, or did you try to move your version from your home computer to dedic?

Hiho.. I'm using this guide, but with TFS 0.2.8.. well, all seems to be fine, but when I try to log in the server, always say "Account number or password are not correct".. And I'm trying to log with 1/1, Account Manager Account that's in the database.. help me plz.. :D sorry for the bad english.. :S

Hiho.. I'm using this guide, but with TFS 0.2.8.. well, all seems to be fine, but when I try to log in the server, always say "Account number or password are not correct".. And I'm trying to log with 1/1, Account Manager Account that's in the database.. help me plz.. :D sorry for the bad english.. :S

Enter phpmyadmin, search for account 1. And give it this password:
356a192b7913b04c54574d18c28d46e6395428ab

Then try to login using 1/1

I have one problem...
When I try to make secure "Server Certificate and Key (SSL)" Windows tell me:
"Windows can't find the file C:/UniSer... Make sure the name is spelled correctly and try again."

v4p81s.png

I install the UniServ for Windows7 64bits
What I Do?

I need run this file?

lolatp.png

@Darklord

I have never tested the SSL. You dont need it for OT. Cant help you.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?

After typing an changing this part i can't log in to phpmyadmin,, its says,
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

** error

and look for file named:
config.inc.php

Open it in notepad++. Or regular notepad. (Text document).

here mi config

<?php

// === Get paths =============================================================

$path_array = explode("\\home",dirname(__FILE__)); // Split at folder UniServer to
$my_ini_file = $path_array[0]."\usr\local\mysql\my.ini"; // Path to my ini file
$password_file = $path_array[0]."\home\admin\www\mysql_password"; // Path to file

// === Get MySQL Port =========================================================
// Get MySQL Port from configuration file

$file = fopen($my_ini_file, "r") or exit("Unable to open file!"); // open ini
while(!feof($file)){
$line = fgets($file); // Get line
if (stristr($line,"port=")){ // Search for string
$tempArray = explode("=",$line); // Split at equals
$tempArray[1]= ltrim( $tempArray[1], " " ); // clean left
$tempArray[1]= rtrim( $tempArray[1], " " ); // clean right
$port_ini = $tempArray[1];
break;
}
}
fclose($file); // END Get MySQL port number
// ===================================================== END Get MySQL Port ===

// === Get MySQL Password ======================================================
// Get MySQL Password from file

$fh = fopen($password_file, 'r') or exit("Unable to open file!"); // Open file
$password = fread($fh, filesize($password_file)); // Read data into variable
fclose($fh); // close file handle
// ================================================= END Get MySQL Password ===

/* Webserver upload/save/import directories */

$cfg['UploadDir'] = $path_array[0]."\etc\phpmyadmin"; // Directory for uploaded files
$cfg['SaveDir'] = $path_array[0]."\etc\phpmyadmin"; // Directory where phpMyAdmin can save exported data
$cfg['docSQLDir'] = $path_array[0]."\etc"; // Directory for docSQL imports,
$cfg['TempDir'] = $path_array[0]."\tmp"; // Directory where phpMyAdmin can save temporary files.

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server: localhost [1] */
$i++;

/* Authentication section */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = $password; // MySQL password (only needed with 'config' auth_type)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false; // Must use password

/* Server parameters */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'Uniform Server'; // Verbose name for this host - leave blank to show the hostname
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = '127.0.0.1'; // MySQL hostname or IP address
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = $port_ini; // Port set in ini See above
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ''; // Leave blank for default socket
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp'; // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli'; // MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = false; // No compression

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = '12345678';

/* Advanced features */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = 'phpmyadmin'; // Database used for Relation, Bookmark and PDF Features
// (see scripts/create_tables.sql) - leave blank for no support
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] = 'pma_bookmark'; // Bookmark table
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] = 'pma_relation'; // table to describe the relation between links (see doc)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info'] = 'pma_table_info'; // table to describe the display fields
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords'] = 'pma_table_coords'; // table to describe the tables position for the PDF schema
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages'] = 'pma_pdf_pages'; // table to describe pages of relationpdf
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info'] = 'pma_column_info'; // table to store column information
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['history'] = 'pma_history'; // table to store SQL history
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking'] = 'pma_tracking';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['designer_coords'] = 'pma_designer_coords';

/* End of servers configuration */

/* Other core phpMyAdmin settings */
$cfg['ServerDefault'] = 1; // Select default server (0 = no default server)
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'us123'; // Passphrase required for 'cookie' auth_type

$cfg['AllowAnywhereRecoding'] = true;
$cfg['DefaultCharset'] = 'utf-8';
$cfg['DefaultLang'] = 'en-utf-8'; // Default language to use, if not browser-defined or user-defined
$cfg['DefaultConnectionCollation'] = 'utf8_general_ci';

/* Other core phpMyAdmin settings */

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 600; // maximum execution time in seconds (0 for no limit)
$cfg['AllowUserDropDatabase'] = TRUE; // show a 'Drop database' link to normal users
$cfg['LoginCookieValidity'] = 1440; // validity of cookie login (in seconds)
$cfg['LeftFrameDBSeparator'] = '_'; // the separator to sub-tree the select-based light menu tree
$cfg['LeftFrameTableSeparator'] = '_'; // Which string will be used to generate table prefixes
$cfg['ShowTooltipAliasDB'] = TRUE; // if ShowToolTip is enabled, this defines that table/db comments
$cfg['ShowTooltipAliasTB'] = TRUE; // are shown (in the left menu and db_details_structure) instead of

// In the main frame, at startup...
$cfg['ShowPhpInfo'] = TRUE; // information" and "change password" links for
$cfg['ShowChgPassword'] = TRUE; // simple users or not
$cfg['ShowAll'] = TRUE; // allows to display all the rows
$cfg['MaxRows'] = 300; // maximum number of rows to display

/* Export defaults */

$cfg['Export']['asfile'] = TRUE;
$cfg['Export']['onserver'] = TRUE;
$cfg['Export']['file_template_table'] = '__TABLE__-tabel_%Y-%m-%d';
$cfg['Export']['file_template_database'] = '__DB__-db_%Y-%m-%d';
$cfg['Export']['file_template_server'] = '__SERVER__-mysql_%Y-%m-%d';

$cfg['Export']['csv_enclosed'] = '&quot;';

$cfg['Export']['sql_if_not_exists'] = FALSE;
$cfg['Export']['sql_columns'] = FALSE;
$cfg['Export']['sql_extended'] = FALSE;

and next error open phpmyadmin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I follow this tutorial to install the UniServer

http://otland.net/f479/nothing-full...niform-server-forgotten-server-0-3-6-a-77593/

Ok all looks fine but when i try to setup the geiosr AACC or the Modern ACC i get this error !!

Can't connect to MySQL database.

But the modern ACC execute the querys !!! So HOW they cant connect to MYSQL????

Help please i realy need help.

BUT ALL config.lua setting is ok because my server run normaly !!!

@GCK

Make sure the password on config.inc.php for pma user is the same as the password for pma user on phpmyadmin - priviledges

@conde2

Remember to enable extention_pdo_mysql

@Wipflash
Clear cookies/cache. Try using another browser or computer reboot.

Hey! i cant log in with the account manager account... please help! i am ew to sql and need HELP!!
also, to test it out im typing my LAN adress like 192.1xx.xxx.xxx instead of my global ip, will this affect?

EDIT
it says invalid account name, and in otland database where the account tab is... the name is a with this password 356a192b7913b04c54574d18c28xxxxxxxxxxxxx... how come? did i do something wrong?

Last edited:
Hey! i cant log in with the account manager account... please help! i am ew to sql and need HELP!!
also, to test it out im typing my LAN adress like 192.1xx.xxx.xxx instead of my global ip, will this affect?

EDIT
it says invalid account name, and in otland database where the account tab is... the name is a with this password 356a192b7913b04c54574d18c28xxxxxxxxxxxxx... how come? did i do something wrong?

No its all good. You must enter config.lua and change password type from plain to sha1

Then reboot OT, then make new acc and it will work.

Here: http://www.sha1.cz/

Sha1 generator. You write a password like blabla, and result is something like bb21158c733229347bd4e681891e213d94c685be
Thats just a password encryption. To make sure hackers who hack database cant see peoples password. ;)

Bump,

PEOPLE SHOULD BE DOING THIS RIGHT NOW....

It's so much better/faster/morehelpful/faster loading. (Uniserver.)

@MraZ
EXTREMELY MUCH BETTER.

@Trututu
LOL. No. Its so simple my little sister (11) managed to do it without any help except my tutorial.

Finally I get it worked. But since I am completely new into this, I got some questions.

How do people connect to my server?
How do I make a own domainname, as "Simonia.net" as a example?

And also, how do I make an God? Been looking around in phpmyadmin etc, and I can't find it anywhere.?

Thanks
Hagman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back