• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been following your tutorial and now i got schemas and such stuffs that matches the engine. Well now i have an other problem.

helpsp.jpg

Help very apriciated ! :)

/Simon

You already made a thread about this?

Yes i did, but this is in the tutorial thread, so why not make one here to ? As znote is the one learning us these stuffs.. ?

For Windows Vista I should pick this one for XP or 7 ?

Go for the 7.

error en win7ultimate 32bits:

"a space is detected in folder names leading to folder uniserv

unfortunately spaces are not allowed in path names
please correct and try again

reason for this restriction requieres ability to run legacy aplications"

Install it directly to C:/

NOT etc C:/program files/....

Ive been following your tutorial and now i got schemas and such stuffs that matches the engine. Well now i have an other problem.

helpsp.jpg

Help very apriciated ! :)

/Simon

You forgot to write the password for "root".
You declared username "root" to connect your mysql database to.

Which means you did NOT follow my tutorial properly.

Thats why.

Make a new username on phpmyadmin for your otserver, add schemas to that usernames database, and write that username and its password and database name in config.lua.

Never use you root account in config.lua

I have made all that what I read in tutorial and in last step(connecting to my own ots) I cant see even character list. Error:
erry.png

Try to write in IP 127.0.0.1 in config.lua, and set loginport to 7150.

Then enter IP changer - 127.0.0.1 port 7150. Make sure the client version matches the server.

See what happens.

awesome thread/job, it would be nice if u made a tutorial how to setup a website too

Go for the 7.

Install it directly to C:/

NOT etc C:/program files/....

You forgot to write the password for "root".
You declared username "root" to connect your mysql database to.

Which means you did NOT follow my tutorial properly.

Thats why.

Make a new username on phpmyadmin for your otserver, add schemas to that usernames database, and write that username and its password and database name in config.lua.

Never use you root account in config.lua

I do not use root. That´s the wierd thing. Ill show you my config setup.

-- Database
-- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
-- To disable sqlKeepAlive such as mysqlReadTimeout use 0 value.
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "otland"
sqlPass = "Mygeneratedpassword"
sqlDatabase = "otland"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1"

I do also have a username and the schemas in database.. ?

================== UNIFORM SERVER STATUS ==================

Your Internet IP Address = 24.55.163.74
Accessible from Internet = YES
Cron run status = Not running
PHP INI: php.ini file = Production

APACHE SERVER:

Apache port = 80
Apache SSL port = 443
Apache executable name = Apache.exe
Apache service name = ApacheS1
Apache SSL server = Enabled
Apache run status = Running
Apache install status = Installed as a standard program

MySQL SERVER:

MySQL port = 3306
MySQL executable name = mysqld-opt.exe
MySQL service name = MySQLS1
MySQL run status = Not running
MySQL install status = Free to install

PORT STATUS:

Apache port = 80 In use by this server
Apache SSL port = 443 In use by this server
MySQL port = 3306 In use by another program.
check my sql run status and my install status. what's up with that?
I did everything and when i try to run my server it gives error:
Failed connection to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MYSQL server on 'localhost' <10061> <2003>
ERROR: Couldn't establish connection to SQL database!

Here is my config.lua:
Code:
	sqlType = "mysql"
	sqlHost = "localhost"
	sqlPort = 3306
	sqlUser = "otserver"
	sqlPass = "My Password HERE"
	sqlDatabase = "otserver"
	sqlFile = "theforgottenserver.s3db"
	sqlKeepAlive = 0
	mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
	encryptionType = "sha1"
I'm using TFS 0.4 Rev.3698, also this server is pretty stable and it works,
but now it seems to have a problem.
Thanks for the tutorial and your help!

check my sql run status and my install status. what's up with that?
I did everything and when i try to run my server it gives error:

Here is my config.lua:
Code:
	sqlType = "mysql"
	sqlHost = "localhost"
	sqlPort = 3306
	sqlUser = "otserver"
	sqlPass = "My Password HERE"
	sqlDatabase = "otserver"
	sqlFile = "theforgottenserver.s3db"
	sqlKeepAlive = 0
	mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
	encryptionType = "sha1"
I'm using TFS 0.4 Rev.3698, also this server is pretty stable and it works,
but now it seems to have a problem.
Thanks for the tutorial and your help!

Uninstall and delete your xampp directory.
Enter task manager - process. Look for "mysqld.exe" or something like that, and end it.

Then try to start uniform server. Click server status, and see if Mysql is being properly runned by Uniform Server.

awesome thread/job, it would be nice if u made a tutorial how to setup a website too

Mini Guide:

Here is a quick guide to do it until I finish the detailed version:

After you have configured Uniform Server properly as I described in this thread.

Download latest rev of Modern AAC

Remove everything in the folder named "www" and put in the Modern AAC files there.

Enter:
UniServer\usr\local\php

Open the file "php" or "php.ini" in a text document and search for:

;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Then remove the (;) so the result is:

extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Then click "Stop Uniserver".

Wait 5 - 10 sec, and then click "Start Uniserver".

Then enter website 127.0.0.1 and you will get to modern aac installation website.

After installation, remove everything in www/install.

And it should be working fine. :)

I do not use root. That´s the wierd thing. Ill show you my config setup.

I do also have a username and the schemas in database.. ?
Aight, im a bit out of ideas/suggestions now. D: You can send me teamviewer details over PM and I will see if I can fix it for you if you want.

Doesn't help. I will reinstall it today. Anyway thanks.

Alright, tell me your results. :p

Omgz, i have reinstalled Uniform Server but now I can't even start Uniform server ;/. I dunno it's bug from Vista or beta versionof UniformServer... but I see now that Skype is using some ports (f.e. 80 :/).

Omgz, i have reinstalled Uniform Server but now I can't even start Uniform server ;/. I dunno it's bug from Vista or beta versionof UniformServer... but I see now that Skype is using some ports (f.e. 80 :/).

Send me teamviewer info over PM and I will try to solve your problem.

i can't install mysql and apache as services in windows 7 because when i restart my pc, uniform don't recognizes the services as their own

just one more question, I did everything u said but when im done its just a white website with following text ''index of/'' ''name'' ''last modified'' ''size'' ''description'' have I done smthing wrong or should it be like that?xD ifso how do I add a ''normal website'' with highscores accmanager etc? anyway ty for taking your time

Last edited:
just 1 more question, where can I find this wwww folder?
Just go to the folder where you installed uniserver, go into the folder and you will see the folder www :)

Znote is an amazing guy, a real pro. He helped me over teamviewer and made a great jobb helping me fix my ot and a website :)

6.0.0 is different from 5.x.x's you can still follow this tutorial for it to work but the true newbies might not be able to figure things out. not much has changed slightly different start initial and also the tray menu is different. also somethings look different like the server status window.

still a great tut. just used it for my second time to refresh my memory on how to set it up.

i can't install mysql and apache as services in windows 7 because when i restart my pc, uniform don't recognizes the services as their own
Carbo 6.0.0 Beta 1 bug.

It also happens often that when you turn off Uniform Server, mysql still runs, and it runs "as another program". Might be confusing if you want a few things to work properly so you have to kill mysqld.exe in taskmanager after closing uniform server.

I think this problem will be fixed in next Carbo update.

aight thanks once again!:)

np! ;)

just one more question, I did everything u said but when im done its just a white website with following text ''index of/'' ''name'' ''last modified'' ''size'' ''description'' have I done smthing wrong or should it be like that?xD ifso how do I add a ''normal website'' with highscores accmanager etc? anyway ty for taking your time

Apparently you are loading a site without an index document in it, therefore you will list the files in the directory instead of loading an specific page.

For an example if you delete everything in UniServer/www and enter it through http://127.0.0.1 you will get that page up.

Whats left to do is to set in Modern AAC.

Make sure you have followed the necessary security steps in http://127.0.0.1/apanel

6.0.0 is different from 5.x.x's you can still follow this tutorial for it to work but the true newbies might not be able to figure things out. not much has changed slightly different start initial and also the tray menu is different. also somethings look different like the server status window.

still a great tut. just used it for my second time to refresh my memory on how to set it up.

The design is slightly changed and a few functions might have a new name. But the installation process is pretty much the same.

Just go to the folder where you installed uniserver, go into the folder and you will see the folder www :)

Znote is an amazing guy, a real pro. He helped me over teamviewer and made a great jobb helping me fix my ot and a website :)

Thanks. :)

I'm rly sry that I'm bothering you. but what do u mean with ''set in modern aac''?
I have followed all your steps, I downloaded Modern AAC | v0.2 installed it removed all files from the www folder and what now? :S

edit: I was trying around some and now I get this error instead when im trying to connect to my website: A Database Error Occurred

Last edited:
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
:S
Followed all steps and tried to login at pma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back