• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL From nothing to a fully working, secured OT server. [Uniform Server] + [TFS 0.3.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this error when I try to logg on ;/

I think its because you have mysql server running that is not runned by Uniform Server

Turn off Uniform server, enter task manager, try to kill mysql-opt.exe then start it again. See what happens.

@up

It is most likely an issue by your custom files not the TFS distro.

i got it to work adding files one at a time. maybe i missed typed or copied something last time when i was adding everything in together at once. didnt get a full test but everything seems to get working. thanks for the trouble shooting help.

Man its dont work for me i can connect to the sql whit my .exe... i have done exatly what ur tutorial say plz help me...

@meistern

Just send teamviewer details over PM and I will help you as fast as I got time. :p

Right now, 1 day inactive because I had to work and visit my girlfriend. 17 new notifications. D: (14 new PMs, 3 visitor messages).

Will try to help tomorrow, right now I'm tired and need to sleep.

I would recommend you to download/run teamviewer and just leave it on and I will try to contact you over it. If your waiting for a moment where we both are active, it might take a while.

When ever I go to start the MySQL and Apache only Apache will start, after I have no idea how many clicks the MySQL will start, but that is only if I'm lucky. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it, so it works the first time everyone time?

@up

For me it works all the time.

What does it say? That Mysql is free to use, or "Undefined" or "In use by another program"?

If it is in use by another program it might mean that mysql was not properly shut down, and you need to kill it in Task Manager.

It didn't say anything just wouldn't start, but I took care of that by closing the MySQL program running in task manager then doing it.

But I don't understand how it manages the ports, since when people try to log onto my server it works till they try logging in with the account manager character, and it says they can't connect to the server. >.<

Hey Znote is there anyway to use Uni Server with the TFS 0.2.7 ( Mystic Spirit ) distro instead of this one? Thanks in advance for whatever reply you give back.

It didn't say anything just wouldn't start, but I took care of that by closing the MySQL program running in task manager then doing it.

But I don't understand how it manages the ports, since when people try to log onto my server it works till they try logging in with the account manager character, and it says they can't connect to the server. >.<

Make sure that gameport is also portforwarded. Check it in config.lua

Make sure that the IP is in config.lua, and that it is the numberic IP. (etc 123.123.123.123).

Hey Znote is there anyway to use Uni Server with the TFS 0.2.7 ( Mystic Spirit ) distro instead of this one? Thanks in advance for whatever reply you give back.

I haven't tested that out yet. If you would test it, please give me your feedback.

Ahh well, as far as I have test it always gives me a sql query error with the forgotten.sql file that I try to upload. Pretty much just states that it isn't a database.

Phpmyadmin - Import has been successfully finished, 55 queries executed.

Lua:
The Forgotten Server - Version 0.2.7 (Mystic Spirit).
A server developed by Talaturen, Kornholijo and Elf.
Visit our forum for updates, support and resources: [url]http://otland.net/[/url].

>> Loading config
>> Loading RSA key
>> Testing SQL connection... MySQL.
>> Loading bans
>> Loading vocations
>> Loading commands
>> Loading items
>> Loading script systems
>> Loading monsters
>> Loading outfits
>> Loading admin protocol config
>> Loading experience stages
>> Using SHA1 passwords
>> Checking world type... PVP
>> Loading map
> Map size: 1000x1000.
> Map loading time: 0.57 seconds.
Notice: Map load (relational) took : 0.172 s
>> Setting gamestate to: GAME_STATE_INIT
>> All modules has been loaded, server starting up...
>> Forgotten Server Online!

Account Manager has logged in.
> Broadcasted message: "New record: 1 players are logged in.".

TFS 0.2.7 works fine with Uniform Server.

Installed Modern AAC, and it got fucked. :p

Modern AAC does not work well with TFS 0.2.7

Ahh i see, did you have to compile the sql database with mysql? Because i was just using the forgotten.sql file given in the download. Modern AAC now working with XD. There goes the website portion lol.

When using TFS 0.2.7 I used the default forgottenserver.sql and imported it into my database using phpmyadmin.

If you want Modern AAC to work you should use an TFS 0.3 server.

If you insist on running TFS 0.2.7 (which is actually still a very good distro), then you should pick TFSCMS to have as website. Since as I know it is the only website that supports it.

Ahh thanks for every thing. I guess I'll stick with the 0.3 distro of Crying Damson. Just as a side note is there any difference between the two distro?

TFS 0.2.7 is very small. It has less functions. But is well known for it great stability.

It has no mods compatibility, it has like 60% less functions.

But if you want a dead stable server, thats the way to go. But you will never manage to properly do advanced stuff like Svargrond arena quest.

TFS 0.2 was my favorite until I had the chance to grab TFS 0.4. I never liked TFS 0.3 that much. (This was back then, right now, TFS 0.3.6pl1 is great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back