• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Game 3D simmilar to Tibia, what do you think about it :) ?

Do you like it =-) ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters

danick10

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Lava Cave!
A Walk By the Shore!

Happy Halloween ScreenShot !
ZtmEV5n.jpg

Latest In-Game Video!

The new prop recently added !
9ZNDdJE.png

I've done a Map editor, that has auto border, and many other functions to create this piece of map.
The project is going further everyday, I want to know your opinion about it :p

Tell me your opinions ! =p

Last edited:
Very cool. Has real potential.

I especially like the map editor. That thing would be extremely handy on 3d projects. Actually hand painting the scene in 3d :)

I'm curious how you sent about calculating the time size in 3d?

Make this a client that can attach to TFS and you have my attention. (And possibly my money)

=p would not be so hard, but TFS sources are not my own, Indeed it works pretty well, but I'm working on my own server to make sure people who doesnt own the server can't use it. I also though about modifying TFS sources but It has not been made for a 3D environement, therefore, I would have to rewrite about 75 % of the code.

Depends how you create your 3d client.

It would not be hard (at all) to use a 3D Client with the current TFS, without changing a single thing inside of TFS.
The only reason I do not do it, is I do not have the artists to create all the artwork i'd need.

In fact, you must change a lot of things, you can't stack items the same way on the floor because sprite are not the same as 3D objects, It is not rendered the same way, but some piece of TFS could be use, I'm using the same Monster.xml files to load my monster, but I coded it in c# to load it, so I dont have to rewrite every monster,

Its fucking awesome, specially the map editor!
Could you do some video tutorials about programming this kind of stuff? I'd love to watch it.. I can't imagine how it's done.

good luck bro!

@Thin Small Fist --> not yet ;p , I am currently working on the combat system, Runes will eventually comes,
@drakylucas --> I am working with Unity, it is an integrated devloppement environement, there is already tons of video online and they show almost everything, Scripts are in c# or js , and I think it is easier than LUA,

Agreed. I love c#.

I've been tossing around for a while getting a c# community project started to give us something like this.

Last edited:
@MikeOT What happenned to the project :p ?

Never have seriously started it. Just tossing the idea around and playing with it a bit. I just discovered earlier that there is a full on c# engine rebuild in the works, so I'll probably fall in with that project :)

The combat system is slowly taking form,
Here is my first bear has a demo :p
For the next couples of days, I'll be working on the art, propping stuffs, and adding many shoot effects and hit effects,
There is also no inventory system for now, that will eventually comes =)

Latest props added,
pillars, flowers and lights =)

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks seriously promising. I thought it was going to be tacky, but it's absolutely not!

@Jaed Le Raep nice to see you like it =)

nothing special about this video, Just added the animated message, so the damage appear and the color of the text varies with the damage type, Also, the exp now appears too =p

Last edited by a moderator:
Projects like these are the type of ambition I wish we would continue to have with Open Tibia. I'm honestly really loving it.

Your project looks amazing. If you don't already - set up a Twitter and post your progress there. You can get a lot of feedback there, as well as on Reddit's sections /r/gamedev and /r/unity3d

Keep it up, you already got further than most!

=) ok thanks for the tips =p I will post an update soon, I am getting very confused with the A* pathfinding algorythme, it seems that there is no reliable method :/ still made some new art, and working on a chat system ;p

Back