• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gaostic super newbie gallery

manix11

Always MAD
Reaction score
So today i made my first 3 sprites, i know they arent even close to "Good" ones but i really really want t learn how to sprite well.
My biggest problem is the borders are ruining everything + i cant manage to make good shades
So im asking for ur opinion and help so i can become better.

witch armor.png witch armor
bronze armor gray cape.png Bronze armor

Magma Hammer.png Magma Hammer
tree.png a tree
test wall.png Test wall
futuristic helmet.png Futuristic helmet (?)

I've prepared for criticism!
Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
are you planning on making tibia sprites?
if so use 32*32 image and shade so the light comes from the left

are you planning on making tibia sprites?
if so use 32*32 image and shade so the light comes from the left
That was ruff haha, yes im planing that, u think shouldnt?
32*32 shade? what dou mean excactly?

32 by 32 pixels image and imagine the light coming from the left and that means that the right side should be darker than the left side :)

32 by 32 pixels image and imagine the light coming from the left and that means that the right side should be darker than the left side :)

Thats what i wanted to know, thanks mate
Making weapons/armors is the best way to practice?

i think practicing armors is the best way to learn shading and making outlines and think of the object youre spriting as a 3d object :)

Damm, its impossible, i've started new project 32x32
Im unable to make details or any nice stuff, the ending effects looks like some shitty pixel art ( even worsee that i did earlier )
its really resolution 32x32?
Cheers

Damm, its impossible, i've started new project 32x32
Im unable to make details or any nice stuff, the ending effects looks like some shitty pixel art ( even worsee that i did earlier )
its really resolution 32x32?
Cheers
32x32 pixels
yeah, at the beginning it's hard to draw in such a small square, but you have to see it from a distance, and have to look good from distance you know? that' a way you see how your work is truly working out. Also remember every pixel is really important, so choose wisely where to put them

@Thorn
Yeah, i was suprised that it looks like that ( ive worked with much higher resolutions earlier )
so big respect guys, ima learn learn and learn
cheers

Dude i have some tutorial, if u want, pm me because is other sites. To improve your works

The Dragon Scale Sword, currently looks like a dagger. I would extend blade (slim it) and make the hilt shorter on both sides.
If your looking to make a sword handed sword, most often they don't even have a hilt except very very short on both sides.

edit-- Hilt.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
@Jonte9801
Thats some nice outines made in 32x32 o_O
I guess its pretty hard to do when u need evey pixel to be placed well, yeah?

@Thorn
Which free program do u suggest to use to make sprites?

Last edited:
test shield.png Made mine very first shield
Shades are better than earlier but still bad
Can someone edit it so show me how the shades supposed to be look like?
Cheers

one example i made this in a hurry so it dosent look great but look at the shading in my opinion its a good example.
19322-c345b6822f892c75cf356ba28059f602.jpg

mhm, cool but u changed the colors
So im using wrong colors or what?

Never use gray and i changed the colour around just because i thought that it looks more realistic with the darker greenish colour.

Back