• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gaostic super newbie gallery

View attachment 27878 @Jonte9801
i think im getting the shade thing slowly, yeah?
yes but i cant see that the right side is darker than the left side and my tip to you is that you dont have to use alot of colours use less colours and a bigger difference between the colours, and another thing dont ever do linear shading as @Thorn told me in the beggining, Thorn is a great help when you start spriting he helped me all the way to where im at now :)

@Jonte9801
Linear shading, whats that?
Also i have a big question, how i can make some kind of ladder of similar colours ? ( ive seen most of the sprites do that before they will fill up the item with colors, this would help me a lot )
Im using Paint.net

Updated :
armor i guess.png What u think about this?
cheers

Last edited:
Gradient was the word i was looking for check this page http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradient try to avoid doing that cuz in real life nothing is gradient
and to answer youre question just select colours with the same differnce between the colours and colours that mix good together wich you will learn later on just focus on using the colours you know look good with eachother and work on you shading :)

I should say you are getting better.
But first things first.
If you look at the sword, and you place it in your hand.
Is it in proportion?

I think the handguard is way to big. and the hilt might be too.

PS: I mean this all positive ofcourse and not too flame you.

I should say you are getting better.
But first things first.
If you look at the sword, and you place it in your hand.
Is it in proportion?

I think the handguard is way to big. and the hilt might be too.

PS: I mean this all positive ofcourse and not too flame you.

Ofc mate ! Thanks for the feedback, i must say i have problems with proportions.
But now i wanna focus on the shades :)
Thanks for the feedback
cheers

@UPDATE
@hakato
What you think about this?
bronze armor normal.png
Bronze armor.png
futuristic helmet.png

Bronze armor with/without cape.

Last edited:
Back