• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany][8.70]Damonia-RPG OPEN-BETA

Honestly, my opinion of this server is that it might be a bit hard for most people in the beginning, it also seems that you would need a team to accomplish stuff. I'm not saying that's bad but I can already see many people quitting because of this. Also, I don't think ill be playing this, not because it's a bad server just atm I can't stand playing a server that's barley custom. I know you said custom stuff will come in the actually release so I'll wait till then and try it again. I hope you didn't take this in the wrong way, this just isn't what I was exactly looking for. Regardless of what happens, I hope your server turns out great and good luck!

A cool statement Zasranets, thanks for testing and I hope to see ya around on Damonias developement thread (for discussion, seeing new spells and monsters ).

With the next server restart (if uptime is 4hours 2 mins) deathLostPercent reduced from 50-->30 , because of complaints ...
Also did anyone of u guys check through the outfits? U can wear some special ones haha^*

A harsh penalty is nice to make people more sweat in difficult situations, but 50% may be too hard. Before the server came online I was thinking what would be hard and 10% of your levels (not exp since 10% exp is nothing) would be hard, but hopefully not that hard that most people would quit after a single dead. In the beginning it could be a bit more soft perhaps since you will most likely die at the start.
We went to the sewer and almost immediately faced rotworms. With a restart that makes you log in again somewhere completely else and among a lot of monsters it would be unfair to lose 50% since it's not really your fault then.

Edit:
Didn't saw any special outfit. I also always wear female wizard outfit <3
We will see how a 30% death penalty will effect people. I won't be able to test it out since I hope that I won't die :)

^ biggest noob ever (nux) :D

idk im semi afk on it xd so we'll see when i explore... btw how come i have half the map in minimap already? :>

Nvm check my other post at below

Here's a few sugestions, I say you should make the beginning of the serve A LOT easier and make it more challegening the higher you get. This way once you first start you can get to know the server, how it works and slowly as you get a higher level and become more familiar with the server and then you can make it harder. Also you need to do something about the starting money, I can easily just make a ton of characters which have 30 plat each plus an aol, which means I could just buy a lot of potions and then easily level.

A harsh penalty is nice to make people more sweat in difficult situations, but 50% may be too hard. Before the server came online I was thinking what would be hard and 10% of your levels (not exp since 10% exp is nothing) would be hard, but hopefully not that hard that most people would quit after a single dead. In the beginning it could be a bit more soft perhaps since you will most likely die at the start.
We went to the sewer and almost immediately faced rotworms. With a restart that makes you log in again somewhere completely else and among a lot of monsters it would be unfair to lose 50% since it's not really your fault then.

Edit:
Didn't saw any special outfit. I also always wear female wizard outfit <3
We will see how a 30% death penalty will effect people. I won't be able to test it out since I hope that I won't die :)

Thanks for feedback :)

@Zasranets

Yeah , I see ;) though it will get challenging^^
And well yeah its beta. I hope noone exploits that money thing. If yes, i dont mind since if u can use much pots and lvl faster u can discover more of the map and find some bugs and well.. Have fun. That should the open beta offer :)

@GhostX
Well its based on otfusion fron Raliuga maybee u played that map once^^

23:36 You deal 104 damage to a dwarf.
lvl 40 dist + bolt.... i think pally are op a little. My average hit is 80+ now

There should be some door or something else before slimes, maybe also more ladder in the sewers. We were hunted out of the sewers by slimes so we went goblins. For a low level character it takes way too long to get a good amount of health points once you are low on hp. Could be fixed by adding a base value of 10-15 to exura so the heals are not that terrible at the start. The healing spells are fine at higher levels though.

A higher regeneration will also help and is not only needed for low hp issues. Right now your regeneration is just enough to attack non-stop with your beginners rod/wand. Monsters that requires some healing or strike spells require immediately a lot of potions now. This would also make the first few levels not as hard as they are now.
The regeneration should be like 2-3 times higher.

Thanks for feedback :)
@GhostX
Well its based on otfusion fron Raliuga maybee u played that map once^^
Despite I never heard of otfusion I guess that you're right:

01:33 You see a grave.
You read: www.otfusion.net.

The restarts happen more often than once every 4 hours. Are these automatic restarts also really needed? They make your summons and lootbags (that can't be sold yet) disappear. With a normal clean you can always still drop the lootbag in a container that won't be deleted with the clean aka a fresh corpse, a bookcase or something that spawns every restart.

I also miss blank runes. Now we are not able to create runes for hunting and emergency situations.

Last edited:
im takin a look atm :p so far, i think u should maybe start at a bigger lvl xD cuz rots almost killed me

After playing again I notice that the regeneration has to be more like 4 times so fast. In 10 minutes you regenerate only like 300 mana as a mage. That's one strike spell every 40 seconds if you are not using any kind of wand.
With the little amount of money you can earn pots are still not an option at level 34. Even when you are using summons it's quite slow since you can make only 1 summon every 15-20 minutes depending on the summon you want.

Edit:
Things could be better if I would have promotion, but we didn't saw the promotion npc nor would it be possible to get 20k.

Man -.-' i dont know when or how but u rlly need to fix this
23ksu47.png

THE OPEN BETA IS CLOSED DUE TO 0 PLAYERS ONLINE QUITE OFTEN
AND MY VPS IS RUNNING OUT, SOON :/
I thought I might longer it for 1 month, but with so few ppl online
i just will finish Damonia with the custom monsters and spells and then realese it...

There should be some door or something else before slimes, maybe also more ladder in the sewers. We were hunted out of the sewers by slimes so we went goblins. For a low level character it takes way too long to get a good amount of health points once you are low on hp. Could be fixed by adding a base value of 10-15 to exura so the heals are not that terrible at the start. The healing spells are fine at higher levels though.

A higher regeneration will also help and is not only needed for low hp issues. Right now your regeneration is just enough to attack non-stop with your beginners rod/wand. Monsters that requires some healing or strike spells require immediately a lot of potions now. This would also make the first few levels not as hard as they are now.
The regeneration should be like 2-3 times higher.

Despite I never heard of otfusion I guess that you're right:

01:33 You see a grave.
You read: otfusion.net: The Leading OT Fusion Site on the Net.

The restarts happen more often than once every 4 hours. Are these automatic restarts also really needed? They make your summons and lootbags (that can't be sold yet) disappear. With a normal clean you can always still drop the lootbag in a container that won't be deleted with the clean aka a fresh corpse, a bookcase or something that spawns every restart.

I also miss blank runes. Now we are not able to create runes for hunting and emergency situations.

Well I will have a look at this :p

@Nitron
Well yeah the multilogin is disabled in config :p
Last time Bogart did a script to fix this which I have lost I guess :/
If id us TFS 036pl1 it would all be fine^^
Maybee Bogart can fix this script again ;)

Last edited:
Back