• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
It is a matter of perspective and choice. The possibilities are there, now it's up to you to decide what you want to do really. Do you only want to go to main and nothing else? Cool, you can kill bosses to loot sapphire gems, finish (almost) any quest on Bawfuria to get one, or even buy 'em. It only takes 5 quests if you're gonna go the quest route. 5 quests are not too much to ask in an RPG server.

If you finish the mandatory SDC Lea quest, you will learn about blacksmithing, cooking, lumberjacking and mining, which is basically all the basics you need to know. Bawfuria can be left on any level, as soon a you meet the requirement of gems.
Is helping Scott get the wood also the part of "mandatory SDC Lea quest"? Just curious, I'm going to do every rook quest anyway :d

Some news:
I just woke up to this situation, seems like there is a problem with the database service and the database is dying and weeping. We're attempting to fix the issue and apply a database backup from earlier today. Stay tuned.

Is helping Scott get the wood also the part of "mandatory SDC Lea quest"? Just curious, I'm going to do every rook quest anyway :d

Yeah. Lea's quest basically goes like: learn how to mine, learn how to cut wood, learn how to smith, learn how to cook -> now go help Scott (a mission that requires all of those 4 previously learned skills and makes you go on an adventure to explore the terragorn mountain and kill a gobo boss).

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i understand where he is coming from though, a bit of it was a puzzle to figure out perhaps some more insight provided as to which npcs will manage certain tasks, like finding npcs for the first time can be slightly confusing, but if you have some friends playing its much easier to figure this stuff out :D

yeah i understand where he is coming from though, a bit of it was a puzzle to figure out perhaps some more insight provided as to which npcs will manage certain tasks, like finding npcs for the first time can be slightly confusing, but if you have some friends playing its much easier to figure this stuff out :D

We can definitely improve some things when we've cleared up the more important issues, and we'll gladly take feedback, but it has to be a nice structured post with useful information and/or claims and proof that back it up. If the community then agrees we need to apply some changes, we will very likely consider it. For such posts, you can use this board.

In the worst case scenario, there is always the help channel and a bunch of players online who already did those things, so they're likely to help out if you ask.

Cheers

Small sneak peek of the new character profile changes we're planning to make ingame and on the website - avatars and personalized message.

Example output of [Looking] at someone:

546FbQE.png

3Vf36GL.png
4T3k68r.png
q12HNkC.png

(and a bunch more...)

Not sure when these changes will hit the stage, but you'll be able to get avatars for Necronia Points or through various ingame activities.
With the help of @Cornex , we'll probably be able to make your character page on the website much more informative and badass, including a connected avatar.
Later, if we run our forum on the necronia.com domain, they will also remain connected to your characters.
I wonder if that badge on top of that avatar could be for titles (SDC) instead of expanded(?) achievement badges :) Or even, make default avatars without badges (free for all), and, like you mentioned, make avatars with badges available for purchase. Ofc, we need to have that achievement/SDC rank to be able to buy the corresponding avatar :)

Another rollback? :C
I was so glad. Finally ended my quests :D

We will most likely have to roll back to a database backup created around 5 hours ago, which is the best we can do. In cases of database dying like this unexpectedly, many many things could go wrong with the server and the players, and our best option is to roll back to the lastest safe configuration (that backup).

We realize this is stressful for anyone as much as it is for us, but like we noted earlier, it is beta, and things like this will and do happen. It's up to the testers to accept that fact, or not. Even if they don't, it still remains an undeniable fact.

I wonder if that badge on top of that avatar could be for titles (SDC) instead of expanded(?) achievement badges :) Or even, make default avatars without badges (free for all), and, like you mentioned, make avatars with badges available for purchase. Ofc, we need to have that achievement/SDC rank to be able to buy the corresponding avatar :)
Yeah, I'm very open to that idea. More expensive avatars and avatars that represent some higher achievement will have their borders and decorations changed, like the one you see on the image.

We will most likely have to roll back to a database backup created around 5 hours ago, which is the best we can do. In cases of database dying like this unexpectedly, many many things could go wrong with the server and the players, and our best option is to roll back to the lastest safe configuration (that backup).

We realize this is stressful for anyone as much as it is for us, but like we noted earlier, it is beta, and things like this will and do happen. It's up to the testers to accept that fact, or not. Even if they don't, it still remains an undeniable fact.

Yeah, I'm very open to that idea. More expensive avatars and avatars that represent some higher achievement will have their borders and decorations changed, like the one you see on the image.

Aww that sucks... I will lose all my progress of today?

So far, the server is online and running on the database that has not been rolled back 5 hours (though possibly rolled back some 20ish minutes due to the problem that occured), and I don't see any critical problems due to that so we might be able to keep it this way.

Guys, i got a rollback of a weeks and i'm still happy with that! KKKKKK

The ping has been fixed. I'm at a stable 50-120 ping all day long so far despite that there are 60+ people online now.

The ping has been fixed. I'm at a stable 50-120 ping all day long so far despite that there are 60+ people online now.

I wouldn't say the problem was fully eliminated, but we can't know if we don't get 100+ back online. However, it is very obvious that some changes that have been made have made a positive response. Thank you all for sticking through the horrible ping, we'll get this problem fully removed in the following days, but for now, it's better. :D

I dont know what happened to this ot Admins.First give me stuff for compensation cuz i lost everything i played and wasted my time for, then take the money from me + my own money I gathered myself then EMPTY MY DP. I dont knowwhats up with you guys but if you do this do other ppl aswell u will have bad chances to be a succefull OT cuz thisis just bs idc if this is beta or alpha or charlie foxtrot its just annoying I played it for fun and it wasnt easy to get furian eq and other stuff now I log in all gone then i have money in my bag like 250silver coins for compensation was fine and now take 230 + complete money from my bank account If you are mad kick urfself in the butt. Not me not to forgett I dont even get pmed they just take it and i run around like a fool and be like is admin here my money dissapeared gg NOT TO METION VERY FRIENDLY STAFF

If someone want my acc lvl 20+ spearman barb pm me free to go ^^ cheers happy christmas

???? This is a beta-test and everything will wipe whenever the server is officially released anyways. You should be expecting rollbacks, kicks, random deaths and bugs, thats what the beta is all about. Theese rollbacks and kicks obviously won't happen once the server is live

I dont know what happened to this ot Admins.First give me stuff for compensation cuz i lost everything i played and wasted my time for, then take the money from me + my own money I gathered myself then EMPTY MY DP. I dont knowwhats up with you guys but if you do this do other ppl aswell u will have bad chances to be a succefull OT cuz thisis just bs idc if this is beta or alpha or charlie foxtrot its just annoying I played it for fun and it wasnt easy to get furian eq and other stuff now I log in all gone then i have money in my bag like 250silver coins for compensation was fine and now take 230 + complete money from my bank account If you are mad kick urfself in the butt. Not me not to forgett I dont even get pmed they just take it and i run around like a fool and be like is admin here my money dissapeared gg NOT TO METION VERY FRIENDLY STAFF

If someone want my acc lvl 20+ spearman barb pm me free to go ^^ cheers happy christmas

You don't need to go on a rude rant like that, at least not before speaking to the staff about what happened to you. We did not just go randomly into the database because we had nothing better to do and wipe your char out because let's hate this guy. Why would we do that?

There was a super urgent where the compensation script broke and gave 5x more rewards to people, and sometimes even (through another buggy process) gave them the ability to multiply money. We went through the database and wiped money off of all people who had suspicious amounts of money for their current level and age on the server. If your equipment got wiped as well (after being compensated, you say it disappeared again?), you could have just asked and someone would at least explain to you what's going on. But no, let's rush to otland and tell everyone how offended I am by losing equipment on a level 20 char on a beta that will be wiped anyway and everyone will lose everything anyway?

We had a wipe of the equipment and a 2-week rollback happen on the database once we moved from windows to linux, and everyone who ever played on the server up to that point was affected, not just you. Everyone got the same compensation from the script that calculated it based on their skills, level, and other parameters. People who had spent much more time and effort just testing the server have lost all of their equipment, and none barring 1-2 even said anything about it, I'm assuming because they've comitted and accepted the fact that all they're doing is help test the game, and not losing any actual valuables.

So you can either go and pretend like you were a special snowflake in the crowd that we picked out specifically for harassment by the staff (who in the world would do that?), or you can face the fact that you lost level-20 items on a server that is being tested and wiped afterwards. If you wish to inquire more about the situation, just hit me up and I'll help you out. It gets a bit busy these days, but chances are you will get a response within 24 hours after messaging me anywhere where I'm active.

I could be one of those stuck up pricks who thinks he's too good to talk to his players or something, or should not respond to messages like this, but I refuse because I like being connected with my community and you are (were?) a part of it, so I'm telling it real to you here. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back