• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Correct me if i'm wrong about the food situation you are arguing but you can also buy food can't you? I mean you don't have to cook if u dont want to. You can also just use normal food you find or you can buy. Ofc the amount of recipes for cooking is a bit small yet and maybe yes it's not balanced aswell. But it's BETA don't forget that guys. More recipes are already planned as Shiva told us in a post before.
I already appreciate you critism that's one of the reasons of a BETA test i guess. Feel always free to tell us your opinion. Maybe in a neater way :3

This is on Beta right, thats good that ppl say what they think that will help improve the gameplay.
Id think about Cooking:

If a time (countdown) for food could be implented would be alot better and maybe the things u cook could last longer as 45 seconds standart. maybe 2 minutes and lupol increase cooked things duration for each point 10 seconds or 5 ? and the thick rate of food could be 1 second not 2 or 3 it help more in clarity.

There could be possibilities like cooking blueberries rasps and worms 10 of each makes some food that buff ur vita A or B for 5 minutes like gives 10 points to vita a or b or eney or w.e

About Vocs:

I changed my spearman to marksman just to see how it is to play.

I like the vocation its squishy as hell but good dmg output. The main problem at the moment is. That you cant afford the Vocation to play its a money eating vocation you cant craft ur ammo. 17gold for 1 bullet 1700gold for 100 bullets its a crazy price. Theres no Monsters out there that is even worth get shoot with it since the loot is not rewarding for it.

As Example my lvl 22 Marksman, needs around 10-20 bullets to kill a normal cyclop that means i pay around 200 gold + maybe 2-3 pots like 100 gold etc so around 300 gold to kill 1 cyclop that give me around 500 xp? and drops some bronze coins up to 50 and some meat.

Also not to mention that arrows have half price around 8 and the dmg is literally also halfed and that again take me more arrows to kill so the price is almost same but the dmg is lower bolts etc all all same prefer the magnum and the bullets since its worthless to get on xbow u cant use shield ye u have more range but the magnum and the bullets are best u can have as Marksman atm.

I recommend to make more weapons like guns for marksman like magnum pistole or something not xbow bow would be fun tho :D

like superbow for archers hunters a machinegune for marksman lol xD

and make something that they are able to craft or conjure ammo

About Cyclops, they are not rewarding at all only waste tbh for every voc.

Ill write more soon

I've never looted regen particle from neither rat nor earthcrawler, the first time I've seen them was from Vermin.

The no longer drop, but are used automatic. You will see some particles flying towards you from the monster and regaining some mana, health and soul depending on which ones virtually drop.

@ #Wearebrazil:
Nice. They are so tanky and must be dealing quite some damage for you guys while you got high ping as well. Found anything nice there?

@Destruckto:
Most people tell me that Cyclops are very good money.

Do NOT use bullets. Marksmen are extremely expensive and you won't own money, but buying the most expensive ammunition you can won't help you. At real tibia you won't buy infernal bolts either at level 8. So why would you spend 17 bronze on ammunition with 40 attack here if you can spend 4 for 18 attack or 5 for 21 attack? If you were hunting things with very fast and strong self heal I could understand it. By using the gun you are also missing out on the bonus stats crossbows gives. A wooden metal crossbow isn't hard to make and boosts your attack damage with 5 already making the bolts even more efficient than bullets.

Bullets: 2.35 attack per bronze
Bolts: 3.83 attack per bronze or with the metalwing crossbow 4.67 attack per bronze.
Basic bolts: 4.5 attack per bronze or with the metalwing crossbow 5.75 attack per bronze.

Basic and normal bolts are 63-244% more cost efficient than bullets if not counting defense and self healing.

You also don't have to use potions to kill monsters if you keep your distance and have a proper mana regen. Spending potions increases your damage, but no need to chunk 2-3 of them on a single cyclops. Makes me believe that you are using expensive inefficient spells on them as well.

A level 23 marksman just told me that he's making profit though. It's a specific way though, but legit.

Wow, nice to see the improvement that was made throughout all of this time, I can't believe the open-beta is finally here. I will surely make a time-window to try this out, but my post is mostly to congratulate the developers, you have made something unique!!
I wish you the best.

I wish I had the time to actively discuss some of the points made in the previous posts by fellow testers, but I am simply too busy, especially this week.

However, I do have some nice news. Even though things like plans, to-do lists and bugs are piling up like C R A Z Y , some priorities have been made, and here's what you can look forward to in the next couple of days, starting with the top of the list to the bottom:

1. Releasing the event [A Dawn of Joy]:
We could not release it before due to the lags and whatnot, but now we feel safe that the event is playable without major setbacks. We will make final preparations today and tomorrow and release it within this 2-3 day frame (we had to rework some things like a new map for the event and more monsters).
2. Learning Center (1.20 client)
We've made plans and confirmed that we will bring you a large and interactive learning center through our website.
It will be a platform that will allow you to very easily access and learn about any of the game's new mechanics and systems. (Something similar to the current 'Library' but with simplified explanations and an even nicer interface + ingame rewards for completing the tutorials)
We will upload videos for each system as well (for those who like to learn via watching). Videos will be short and informative.
The learning center will also feature pointers to the correct NPCs, hints and help for newcomers to help you learn the systems of Necronia in the easiest way possible.

This will also include some gameplay changes, most notably on Bawfuria where some tutorial NPCs and quests will receive appropriate changes to work with this new learning system.
This will also include a new icon "Learning Center" in the top bar of your client that will link to our website's learning center.
3. More vocation balancing
I already started working on a lot of Necromancer changes which will be hitting the open beta after the ^ changes are done.
Other than Necromancer, there are plans of adding more Wildheart weapons and revisiting their damage formulas,
Fixing the ranged weapons (namely spears & distance chaos weapons) and their horrible hitchances due to a rather inefficient formula that's being used at the moment. The damage of elemental weapons will also be addressed and made more consistent and in-line with the miss and wield unproperly rules.
4. Various bugfixes
When these priorities are sorted, we will take a few days to go through our bitbucket list and fix at least 50-100 bugs/glitches that were reported by testers.​

What's worth noting is that we do have the following things in our mind: adding more lightsources, working on the DirectX9 client, working on and finishing the pet system, implementing a donation system on our website with an ingame client-based donator reward shop that will follow shortly after.

I must say that it's really tough to put everything in line when suggestions and reports come in at a very fast pace and in a very chaotic order. We will get to everything and fix things one by one, but please give us some time as we do have busy daily schedules as individual people. Until such fixes are implemented, enjoy the game for what it is and keep testing. Thank you all!

Wow, nice to see the improvement that was made throughout all of this time, I can't believe the open-beta is finally here. I will surely make a time-window to try this out, but my post is mostly to congratulate the developers, you have made something unique!!
I wish you the best.

Thanks a lot Santi, you're welcome to try it out.

@Shadowsong, just for remember you, create the dwarf spawn. We have found the dwarf city in down of spiders, but there aren't any monsters, and have a "quest" (you can see a piece of paper with a small story), a quest box but without any npc / monster.

Also, when possible, create more equips for mages, specially for lower levels, while Warriors and Rangers have a lot equipements, weapons and many things to choose, mages have only 2 spellbooks and few magic robes. In bawfuria, if u are mage, it's impossible to get other wand, just if you kill demon skeletons and drop demonic essence in low level. Try to create other elemental-damages sets too, the only good set is for fire spells.

Bugs:
In depot, u can walk into the blackboards;

If u are a shadowstriker, you can use a spell for teleport to the other side of any doors if someone open the door (as in quest Abandoned Factory, if u do this, u don't need even get the quest in npc, and can receive the rewards doing this);

If u are a shadowstriker (around level 35 I guess), if you use both spells that turn you invisible at the same time, you stay invisible forever and can do everything, like explore all the map and do hard quests solo, without even kill the hard monsters, or stay minning at hard gold-mines, like in Thunderdragon spot;

If you are with very low health (for example), you can spam the hotkey and use 2~3 times potion at the same time (same potion, not other potions in combo) without exhaustion;

In Military-points reward room, if you buy a Key and use it on Chess, u can gain a Gnome statue (but when you look it, says like "Item id of type xxxx,please report it to gamemaster");

(I don't know if this is a bug, but: Mages can use all attack spells at the same time if press all hotkeys together, so I can do combos of more than 600 in monsters, and I'm only level 36).

Possible bug (Didn't tested yet):
If monsters like cyclops steal your item and the server is going down (for maintence, or just crash), I guess you lose your item.
If the server is going down and you're flying in a carpet, I guess when server back, you will be logged in at the fly tiles (void)

Some tips: Decrease experience gained from Tortoises. They're too easy to kill and give a lot exp. When I use Embers, I kill them with just 1 hit and gain 200 exp, and the spikeshell tortoise I need to use 3 Embers for 500~ exp. Cyclops gain the same exp but are they are a lot more harder than tortoises (They need like 7 spells for dead, and hit a lot more).

Sorry for my bad English, i'm learning. I'm from Brazil and here the languages is too different, another rules.

And, please, unlock the Magma Island :D

@Shadowsong, just for remember you, create the dwarf spawn. We have found the dwarf city in down of spiders, but there aren't any monsters, and have a "quest" (you can see a piece of paper with a small story), a quest box but without any npc / monster.

Also, when possible, create more equips for mages, specially for lower levels, while Warriors and Rangers have a lot equipements, weapons and many things to choose, mages have only 2 spellbooks and few magic robes. In bawfuria, if u are mage, it's impossible to get other wand, just if you kill demon skeletons and drop demonic essence in low level. Try to create other elemental-damages sets too, the only good set is for fire spells.

Bugs:
In depot, u can walk into the blackboards;

If u are a shadowstriker, you can use a spell for teleport to the other side of any doors if someone open the door (as in quest Abandoned Factory, if u do this, u don't need even get the quest in npc, and can receive the rewards doing this);

If u are a shadowstriker (around level 35 I guess), if you use both spells that turn you invisible at the same time, you stay invisible forever and can do everything, like explore all the map and do hard quests solo, without even kill the hard monsters, or stay minning at hard gold-mines, like in Thunderdragon spot;

If you are with very low health (for example), you can spam the hotkey and use 2~3 times potion at the same time (same potion, not other potions in combo) without exhaustion;

In Military-points reward room, if you buy a Key and use it on Chess, u can gain a Gnome statue (but when you look it, says like "Item id of type xxxx,please report it to gamemaster");

(I don't know if this is a bug, but: Mages can use all attack spells at the same time if press all hotkeys together, so I can do combos of more than 600 in monsters, and I'm only level 36).

Possible bug (Didn't tested yet):
If monsters like cyclops steal your item and the server is going down (for maintence, or just crash), I guess you lose your item.
If the server is going down and you're flying in a carpet, I guess when server back, you will be logged in at the fly tiles (void)

Some tips: Decrease experience gained from Tortoises. They're too easy to kill and give a lot exp. When I use Embers, I kill them with just 1 hit and gain 200 exp, and the spikeshell tortoise I need to use 3 Embers for 500~ exp. Cyclops gain the same exp but are they are a lot more harder than tortoises (They need like 7 spells for dead, and hit a lot more).

Sorry for my bad English, i'm learning. I'm from Brazil and here the languages is too different, another rules.

And, please, unlock the Magma Island :D

Please use our reporting platform to report bugs and browse for duplicates. If a bug is reported anywhere other than there, there's a huge chance I'll forget about it, cuz there's already a ton to deal with.
Press Ctrl+Z ingame and you'll be taken to the report page at the click of a button.

Other than that, suggestions may be posted here.
I appreciate all the good detective work though, and I'll see to fix (or at least disable until fixed) some of those things.

As for the Dwarves... I suppose you'll learn more about them later in the game, I can't spoil much, but there are no Dwarves on Sattnyr for a reason, and on Conqueria they are very scarce as well.
There are a few good reads from Thorin Ithrandur in the Conqueria library that could give you some insight into this.

Deity problems

W6RdmCX.png

DB6uzDZ.png
DB6uzDZ.png
DB6uzDZ.png
DB6uzDZ.png
DB6uzDZ.png

Lol, finish testing this server until the pvp is disabled, if its not balanced then why its enabled? I can't test anything for 3 mother fuckers that are killing me all the time without reason. See you guys, Excellent server.

Just recorded this a few mins ago (excuse the bad quality, my video recorder sucks I guess :C )
Saw about 5 people die, it was a good day, I can go sleep now.

YjZe8k1.png

Lol, finish testing this server until the pvp is disabled, if its not balanced then why its enabled? I can't test anything for 3 mother fuckers that are killing me all the time without reason. See you guys, Excellent server.

We had to enable the PVP to test some bugs with shadowstrikers, but generally we're keeping it shut off as you might've noticed the last few days if you were online.
Guess we forgot to put it back on NonPVP after the last server save. Gonna change it in config.lua in the morning so that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the reminder.

P.S.: both we were level 14-15 :p
How to "wormother".

image.png

Congrats! Any nice loot?

Just recorded this a few mins ago (excuse the bad quality, my video recorder sucks I guess :C )
Saw about 5 people die, it was a good day, I can go sleep now.

YjZe8k1.png

We had to enable the PVP to test some bugs with shadowstrikers, but generally we're keeping it shut off as you might've noticed the last few days if you were online.
Guess we forgot to put it back on NonPVP after the last server save. Gonna change it in config.lua in the morning so that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the reminder.

Congrats! Any nice loot?

How much until morning? I can't play anymore... there a lot of douchebag and i can't do anything :)

I'm all moved, got my PC setup and shiz, time to redownload this and play, seems like everythings been going well, nice Shiva!
ps anyone wanna get drunk my neighbor has this homemade wine he gave my parents that will fuck u up lmao buzzing off one glass

How much until morning? I can't play anymore... there a lot of douchebag and i can't do anything :)
I have disabled it manually for tonight.

Unfortunately, I can't push any new changes to the open beta until I get some confirmations from Tarjei about the changes he's been doing.
So in the morning (8 AM, GMT+1), it will have to be manually reset to NonPVP again, and I'll wake up around 9, and push the auto change tomorrow as well.

server went down :{

The server's autorestarter was turned off due to running the server in debug mode. Tarjei needs to start the server himself and he went to bed a few hours ago. The server should hopefully be back online in roughly 5-ish hours.
The bright side, when we run in debug mode whatever caused the crash is able to be detected easily.

I wish you the best.
Didn't knew you were active. How are you haven't seen you in years i guess..you remember me?:p

Kudos for shadowsong i remember that i loved necronia since that old tv screen with that clown as badass and crazy puzzle quests and shit
You came far, i couldn't play previous beta, not sure if i can do it now since i am very busy but you have doing some excellent work for years and your team

wish you the luck hope to test it soon or later

Will you kick everyone manually from the server? A lot of people were probably hunting and/or outside of pz, I doubt they all will be ready to login as soon as the server comes back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.