• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] Ruthless Chaos [9.1], the return of RPG to Open Tibia.[Low rate 7x-5x]

I have been playing sense the first 10 minutes it was on and please lower protection level to 8 again im tired of noobs taking my loot bags

I can see why some people would want a server reset, to get a fresh start and maybe have a chance to keep up with the top of the high scores better. However, nothing in-game such as glitches or bugs were exploited. This is a case of somebody merely trying to disrupt game play for others enjoying it, which they have accomplished. So there is no valid reason to reset the character database.
However, I do think (if it does not interfere with progress of fixing security) the server should be online, even WITH the lag and kicks. Just have a forewarning on the MoTD, it is NOT safe to hunt, and have server non-pvp. People can still train, mana train, and just conversate none the less. If people DO decide to hunt, it is at their own risk.

I can see why some people would want a server reset, to get a fresh start and maybe have a chance to keep up with the top of the high scores better. However, nothing in-game such as glitches or bugs were exploited. This is a case of somebody merely trying to disrupt game play for others enjoying it, which they have accomplished. So there is no valid reason to reset the character database.
However, I do think (if it does not interfere with progress of fixing security) the server should be online, even WITH the lag and kicks. Just have a forewarning on the MoTD, it is NOT safe to hunt, and have server non-pvp. People can still train, mana train, and just conversate none the less. If people DO decide to hunt, it is at their own risk.

I think people dieing from the lag caused by the DDoS attacks and losing levels/skills/items is a valid reason for a reset also many people quit because of the lag/crashes however i still would prefer the server to continue as it is.

In any case it is 1 am in Germany and i think that both gm's went to bed although i could be wrong. In any case i dont think they plan to bring the server up within the next 12 or so hours but again i could be wrong.

I really think there should be a reset, no one got the fair advantage like all the others... wasnt that why you told everyone about it befor the release.. Bet you will just open it up.. and no one will know its online onless they see it on here or the site ect.... you should let us know when you plan on putting it back online... I dont want to go to bed tonight and wake up and be up for the last 3 hours...
Ya some people might quit, but i promise they will come back.. It didnt take me but 1-2 hours to get lvl 20, its not that hard to start over.. Plus no one knew when the server was online dew to the down time.. I stayed up waiting for it to come online for 3 hours.. then I said fuck it im going to bed.. woke up and it already was online for 4+ HOURS! thats not fair if you ask me..

Last edited:
In my opinion, reseting everybody to level 8 would be fine. The server was just online for 2-3 days, and the max levels were like... 50?
I mean, i have put a lot of time too into this ot (currently 38), but I would prefer this made a fresh new start were not everyone quits because of the lags and crashes. I'd rather see 100 players online, and be lvl 8, than see 30 online, and be lvl 38. People that got to higher levels would have the advantage to actually know the map, and thus level faster.
Just my opinion though. Hope it comes back online soon.

Finally people are agreeing with my suggestion.. Reset, although its still up to the staff whether they do an reset or not
i've brought up the whole reset idea, so yea my opinion is, go for it ;)

@Xemos, i can see why you wouldnt want a reset, since you are lvl 54 currently, and have put a lot of time into it, but then again.. If there will be an reset, you still got an advantage over other people, since you know the right locations to hunt/task. Keep that in mind bro. We all know that the first time is harder then the second

----
Is here a guy named "Vede" or "Hoogeer" on Otlands? Let me know if so

/Broertje.. :p

Last edited:
@Xemos, i can see why you wouldnt want a reset, since you are lvl 54 currently, and have put a lot of time into it, but then again.. If there will be an reset, you still got an advantage over other people, since you know the right locations to hunt/task. Keep that in mind bro. We all know that the first time is harder then the second

i will still play either way, the real reason i don't want a reset is because many of my friends will quit. I do hope that if there is a reset that there is enough compensation to make it worthwhile for the players that were planing to quit (if a reset happened) to make those player stay because i would really hate to lose the friends that i have just met because of said reset.

I also hope that the server returns very promptly with or without reset because at this point i just want to play.

Last edited:
About the reset. I could agree abit with Xemos. But at the same time I agree with those who are for reset, tho i think they are exaggerate abit about how the server will get less player w/o a reset, I think when all the lagg is gone and the server gets more attention alot more player will join.
I can say i will play either way.

@Xemos, If you're talkin about the Infamous group. I do honestly think they'll return since i know nearly everyone of em.. And i think they know that they can rule this server, and would not waste that opportunity & Not to mention that this is a great server, such servers come along once, a couple months ;)
I guess i can say that i am eager to play aswell haha

@Imbaalof, Good to know ;D, though i dont think they will lose players, i just honestly dont see the server grow enough. for people to enjoy it on the long term.
Thats just my thought btw:p

We'll see what happens

Finally people are agreeing with my suggestion.. Reset, although its still up to the staff whether they do an reset or not
i've brought up the whole reset idea, so yea my opinion is, go for it ;)

----
Is here a guy named "Vede" or "Hoogeer" on Otlands? Let me know if so

/Broertje.. :p

well for one you didn't bring up the reset idea.. I was the first to say anything about it .. not you...<~ read back...

Last edited:
Lol topher, I dont think ur 1st, but who knows.. ;)
Who cares anyway?

Though, Glecko is the only one who knows it for sure, im not gonna tell you the exact date & time that i first mentioned a reset ^^

C ya

But guys, listen. Its better to leave it without resset, because its still in BETA! Its not about gettin levels, or gettin best equipment. we are there to find bugs and report them to GM's, thats why BETA is. And I think we reported enought of them at lower lvls, so we need to stay at higher level and look for more of those bugs. So Im again against reset.

When BETA is finished, i am 100% sure they will want to reset, and thats normal and understandable, but now its kinda stupid.(IMO)

Carissa~

Edit: Why dont You run server on Linux instead of Windows? (srry if You are running on linux, thers no info so thats why im asking bout that)

well for one you didn't bring up the reset idea.. I was the first to say anything about it .. not you...<~ read back...

Mike070 was the first with the reset idea you just edited your old post..

reset the server.. everyone wants a fair advantage..
Think of a way to bring in more people to pplay the server!!!
Its a great server and more people need to join so we can have
a great community...
Last edited by Topher; Today at 18:28.

But guys, listen. Its better to leave it without resset, because its still in BETA! Its not about gettin levels, or gettin best equipment. we are there to find bugs and report them to GM's, thats why BETA is. And I think we reported enought of them at lower lvls, so we need to stay at higher level and look for more of those bugs. So Im again against reset.

When BETA is finished, i am 100% sure they will want to reset, and thats normal and understandable, but now its kinda stupid.(IMO)

Carissa~

Where did u read that this server is just a beta ?

Mike070 was the first with the reset idea you just edited your old post..

But thats cause I took it off the day I posted it about the reset...
Read the next post

That's ur problem :] noone want restart. Is good now. About respawns , there is alot for all LvL's :)
^
^thats was to me..

But like mike said who really cares..?

Yeah who said it was beta? I dought they will reset again if they do it this once... But that very doughtful.. although I think personally that it wold bring more people and the people who played before isn't going to quit.. They might quit for like 1-3 hours then get back on cause there bored and realize that this is the only ot like it is out there...

Last edited:

I have not seen they mention anywhere that it's Beta

Holy shit, is it just me who have been bored to death by waiting for the server to re-open? :D

wow i was pretty sure it was in beta, coz when ive entered the game this and that wasnt working, a lot of bugs etc.

Im bored as **** tbh ;p

everyone that has played the server is bored waiting for it to reopen, however they are still addressing some problems so i think it will still take some time for it to reopen (not sure but just a guess based on what little information i know)