• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ gold limit

Lurk

Reaction score
I'm using TFS 0.4 rev 3777 and I'm trying to change the gold limit from init32_t to int64_t, I've been messing with some of my source files and i've already changed the Worth and moneyCount to int64_t and everything was fine when compiling but the gold limit was still in int32... Then I changed on luascript.cpp

from
int32_t LuaInterface::luaDoPlayerAddMoney(lua_State* L)

to
int64_t LuaInterface::luaDoPlayerAddMoney(lua_State* L)

I've changed removeMoney and transferMoney as well in the same way, and then on luascript.h I've changed

from
static int32_t luaDoPlayerAddMoney(lua_State* L);
to
static int64_t luaDoPlayerAddMoney(lua_State* L);
but then I got this error:
luascript.cpp invalid conversion from `int64_t (*)(lua_State*)' to `int (*)(lua_State*)'

referent to this line:
lua_register(m_luaState, "doPlayerAddMoney", LuaInterface::luaDoPlayerAddMoney);

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes exactly it, and there's another problem as well... I'm using a lever script that gives an item in exchange of gold, but if a player has passed the integer (3000000000 for example) and the end of the transaction he'll receive the maxium value an integer can support, which is 2000000000something

--edit--
and there's a bank npc which is limtied to 2000000000something as well (the balance on my database supports higher values)
it's the client that's limited when the npc shows how much money you have, not the engine or any scripts
i'd just suggest you don't use such gigantic values instead of being forced to meddle around in the sources to find a solution and having to lift integer maximums
lua requires that you use int as the type for C functions when using lua API. the value returned by those functions has absolutely nothing to do with what your function does, it returns the number of results you push onto the stack
tl;dr don't change the first 4 lines you showed in your post to int64_t, leave them as int32_t

can you post the luaDoPlayerAddMoney function so we can see it?
and post Game::addMoney from game.cpp

that was a really good explanation, thank you, will really help me in the future

here's luaDoPlayerAddMoney:
C++:
{
    //doPlayerAddMoney(cid, money)
    uint64_t money = popNumber(L);

ScriptEnviroment* env = getEnv();
    if(Player* player = env->getPlayerByUID(popNumber(L)))
    {
        g_game.addMoney(player, money);
        lua_pushboolean(L, true);
    }
    else
    {
        errorEx(getError(LUA_ERROR_PLAYER_NOT_FOUND));
        lua_pushboolean(L, false);
    }

return 1;
}

and here is Game::addMoney from game.cpp
C++:
void Game::addMoney(Cylinder* cylinder, int64_t money, uint32_t flags /*= 0*/)
{
    IntegerMap moneyMap = Item::items.getMoneyMap();
    for(IntegerMap::reverse_iterator it = moneyMap.rbegin(); it != moneyMap.rend(); ++it)
    {
        int64_t tmp = money / it->first;
        money -= tmp * it->first;
        if(!tmp)
            continue;

do
        {
            Item* remainItem = Item::CreateItem(it->second, std::min((int64_t)100, tmp));
            if(internalAddItem(NULL, cylinder, remainItem, INDEX_WHEREEVER, flags) != RET_NOERROR)
                internalAddItem(NULL, cylinder->getTile(), remainItem, INDEX_WHEREEVER, FLAG_NOLIMIT);

tmp -= std::min((int64_t)100, tmp);
        }
        while(tmp > 0);
    }
}

there's one moe thing I'd like to ask you though... Will I need to change something on npc.cpp as well since they will be dealing with more money?

that was a really good explanation, thank you, will really help me in the future

here's luaDoPlayerAddMoney:
C++:
{
    //doPlayerAddMoney(cid, money)
    uint64_t money = popNumber(L);

ScriptEnviroment* env = getEnv();
    if(Player* player = env->getPlayerByUID(popNumber(L)))
    {
        g_game.addMoney(player, money);
        lua_pushboolean(L, true);
    }
    else
    {
        errorEx(getError(LUA_ERROR_PLAYER_NOT_FOUND));
        lua_pushboolean(L, false);
    }

return 1;
}

and here is Game::addMoney from game.cpp
C++:
void Game::addMoney(Cylinder* cylinder, int64_t money, uint32_t flags /*= 0*/)
{
    IntegerMap moneyMap = Item::items.getMoneyMap();
    for(IntegerMap::reverse_iterator it = moneyMap.rbegin(); it != moneyMap.rend(); ++it)
    {
        int64_t tmp = money / it->first;
        money -= tmp * it->first;
        if(!tmp)
            continue;

do
        {
            Item* remainItem = Item::CreateItem(it->second, std::min((int64_t)100, tmp));
            if(internalAddItem(NULL, cylinder, remainItem, INDEX_WHEREEVER, flags) != RET_NOERROR)
                internalAddItem(NULL, cylinder->getTile(), remainItem, INDEX_WHEREEVER, FLAG_NOLIMIT);

tmp -= std::min((int64_t)100, tmp);
        }
        while(tmp > 0);
    }
}

there's one moe thing I'd like to ask you though... Will I need to change something on npc.cpp as well since they will be dealing with more money?
everything is already in int64_t, what exactly are you trying to lift? the number of money shown in the trade window for the npc?

Yes exactly it, and there's another problem as well... I'm using a lever script that gives an item in exchange of gold, but if a player has passed the integer (3000000000 for example) and the end of the transaction he'll receive the maxium value an integer can support, which is 2000000000something

--edit--
and there's a bank npc which is limtied to 2000000000something as well (the balance on my database supports higher values)

--edit--
it's the client that's limited when the npc shows how much money you have, not the engine or any scripts
i'd just suggest you don't use such gigantic values instead of being forced to meddle around in the sources to find a solution and having to lift integer maximums

Solution
so there's no solution... that's kinda sad, but thank you for your time and attention !
could you help me with another problem though? whenever I'm trying to add somenting in a backpack that is inside a backpack that is inside a backpack that is inside a backpack
like: bp(bp(bp(bp())))
the item just drops on the ground, doesn't matter if I'm using /i, buying or tradng something, just like there's not space anymore, even if I have another free backpack
I've read in another forum and a player said that the problem might be on the queryadd add function from player.cpp and that this problem was already solved in rev 3884, but I've compared both and found no diference whatsoever....

-- Edit --

just found out that the bug occurs on rev 3884 as well

Last edited:
so there's no solution... that's kinda sad, but thank you for your time and attention !
could you help me with another problem though? whenever I'm trying to add somenting in a backpack that is inside a backpack that is inside a backpack that is inside a backpack
like: bp(bp(bp(bp())))
the item just drops on the ground, doesn't matter if I'm using /i, buying or tradng something, just like there's not space anymore, even if I have another free backpack
I've read in another forum and a player said that the problem might be on the queryadd add function from player.cpp and that this problem was already solved in rev 3884, but I've compared both and found no diference whatsoever....
Compare container.cpp file

Ops, forgot to say I tried this one as well Hjugo, there are no diferences between them at all

-- Edit --
I was testing the rev 3884 and the bug is still there

Last edited:
Back