• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Got a question for mapping process

Humpasaur

Reaction score
I'm just wondering whats the best way to map? Like say I'm doing a city, should I do all the ground, then the buildings, then the details? Or should I do the ground, then do 1 building, do all detail to that building, then repeat?

id do a shape for the server, then do the city on it, then do all the buildings and finally detail it.

what do you mean by do a city on it? Like the gates and stuff? Then add the buildings?

First you need a shape, then a place for a city to be
later you can border it with gates and walls
then do the surroundings, spawns, nature, etc.

I start with building all the shapes of the buildings with the ground still being default black. Than once their done, build the floor around them.

I'd say come up with some main buildings you want the city to have. Make them. Them start planning the city (yes planning :p) and at last add gates (remember wich you want them, north gate/ south gate/ east gate/ west gate) You don't need all 4 directions, but keep in mind which directions you use has an impact on your shape. So first fix your city and then start with the shape..

Plan wich hunting places you want in the city.. (planning is important for a dedicated server)

Back