• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[HACKED]My OT is getting hacked

Pr0xy

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello ! I'm running a xml server, but the freaking pls are hacking it all the time... No offence for the kind pls :p so I wonder how they do? Do they find bugs on my website or hack my comp? Thanks
Btw its my friend hosting so I'll give u more info soon about this case.

Basically sql is safer than xml if you run it with a local socket, rather than on a TCP port. Next thing to remember when running a sql server on windows, is not to use (or even install) phpmyadmin, but for example mysql gui tools.

so it's secure that everyadmin adds me and tells me not to hack their servers?... you need to be pro to not get hacked with SQL always loooooooooooooopholes fucktards

Sigh.

1. Do not use web-based database management.
2. Keep separate users for each database, never use root for other than user management.
3. Disable remote access to the root account.
4. Use your server computer as a server, not home computer.
5. Use secure passwords containing mixed case, ASCII and numbers.
6. Use a hardware and software firewall and allow a minimum amount of connections. Also keep connection-logs.
7. Use a proper antivirus and never install stuff on the computer if you don't know if its safe or not.
8. Keep your Apache, PHP, MySQL, AAC, as well as windows (or linux), your firewall and antivirus updated.
9. Use MD5/Sha1 passwords on your OT-server's account-passwords.
10. Have knowledge in what you're doing so that you can fix problems/security issues in case they occur. (For example, if you use an AAC, have knowledge in PHP/Webdesign)

Follow those 10 steps and your server will be under no risk of getting hacked unless you encounter a hacker which can hack NASA/FBI/CIA.

Back