• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Hacking, coding, OTCV8 bots -- SecurizeMe

The important is the customers feedback and not the opinion of some haters that never worked with me and doesn't know how I work

I really don't expect to take many tasks from this forum but it's really fun to see how you get offended and show my great progression

Fun to see how the better I'm doing, the more you hate XD

It was also a surprise to see that comment from a staff member, but every opinion is welcome... specially in this case that you're making me laugh xD

It's really funny to think how I would survive if I didn't get paid as I live alone since I'm 19... so if I don't get paid how I can pay my bills and eat? Probably you lived in a very different situation where you didn't need to think about that

The important is the customers feedback and not the opinion of some haters that never worked with me and doesn't know how I work

I really don't expect to take many tasks from this forum but it's really fun to see how you get offended and show my great progression

Fun to see how the better I'm doing, the more you hate XD

It was also a surprise to see that comment from a staff member, but every opinion is welcome... specially in this case that you're making me laugh xD

It's really funny to think how I would survive if I didn't get paid as I live alone since I'm 19... so if I don't get paid how I can pay my bills and eat? Probably you lived in a very different situation where you didn't need to think about that

The feedback of your customers is irrelevant when it comes to criticizing your service quality because I suppose they lack the technical background to evaluate it, otherwise I guess they wouldn't need you in the first place.

In my previous post I stated two issues with your code, with one being a huge security flaw that even a junior developer (or less) would avoid, which is quite ironic when you're advertising a "SecurizeMe" service or whatever. Just FYI, there are tools that scan GitHub for connection strings, authentication tokens, API keys, cryptocurrency wallet private keys, yada yada. Given the aforementioned issue, the fact that you claim 10+ years of experience and seniority, your dogmatic view of criticism as hate and the fact that you avoid to actually address any of that criticism, it is very safe to assume that either you overestimate your capabilities OR you don't possess those skills at all.

I don't care how you make your living. I never questioned that aspect of your life.

Have a good day 🙋‍♂️

Hahaha, wtf :D
What's so funny about this? and btw @Delirium, @oen432 the OP is stating in the very first post he is a student even although he have 10+ years of knowledge, it's up to the customer to take the service or not, he is not scamming anyone, he is even nice enough to share his profesional profile here.
Damn it just took me 5 seconds to check his profile, 14 jobs done, 100% finished and 5 out of 5 stars.
Would you mind guys to show me any of your profesional profiles if you ever have one, I don't even need any code to look for 1 or 2 lines to define if you're a pro or a scammer, just your profesional profile with customer reviews @oen432 @Delirium, it's very easy to attack someone who is showing up himself when you're behind a computer.

The feedback of your customers is irrelevant when it comes to criticizing your service quality because I suppose they lack the technical background to evaluate it, otherwise I guess they wouldn't need you in the first place.

In my previous post I stated two issues with your code, with one being a huge security flaw that even a junior developer (or less) would avoid, which is quite ironic when you're advertising a "SecurizeMe" service or whatever. Just FYI, there are tools that scan GitHub for connection strings, authentication tokens, API keys, cryptocurrency wallet private keys, yada yada. Given the aforementioned issue, the fact that you claim 10+ years of experience and seniority, your dogmatic view of criticism as hate and the fact that you avoid to actually address any of that criticism, it is very safe to assume that either you overestimate your capabilities OR you don't possess those skills at all.

I don't care how you make your living. I never questioned that aspect of your life.

Have a good day 🙋‍♂️
but who cares about security flaws for programs that were used only by myself and released once the service was discontinued???

a huge security flaw exposing credentials for a service that is offline and discontinued for months?? I don't get it...

if someone can criticize my service quality is someone that have tested the service and that is a customer or any feedback you can find here from people that I've been helping without taking a single dollar just because they are from otland

the situation is obvious

I don't know the boy, because I just read the post from him and contacted him right away, because I have problems with server lag and I wanted to ask for help immediately. Although the boy is very busy because he has a lot of orders, he still found time for a random guest to help him and remotely connect to the computer and check what is going on. Great respect for people from spain. Fuck you haters because that's the only thing you're good for.

What's so funny about this? and btw @Delirium, @oen432 the OP is stating in the very first post he is a student even although he have 10+ years of knowledge, it's up to the customer to take the service or not, he is not scamming anyone, he is even nice enough to share his profesional profile here.
Damn it just took me 5 seconds to check his profile, 14 jobs done, 100% finished and 5 out of 5 stars.
Would you mind guys to show me any of your profesional profiles if you ever have one, I don't even need any code to look for 1 or 2 lines to define if you're a pro or a scammer, just your profesional profile with customer reviews @oen432 @Delirium, it's very easy to attack someone who is showing up himself when you're behind a computer.

A "senior developer with more than 10 years of experience" that is a student. Take as much time as you need to contemplate how much self contradictory this is. I don't have a freelancer profile to show you because I don't do freelance jobs. My GitHub link is on my profile here. Sure, he might get the job done. Sure, he might be professional in his freelance deals. What I was questioning here (given that this is 3 years old) was the quality of his work.

but who cares about security flaws for programs that were used only by myself and released once the service was discontinued???

a huge security flaw exposing credentials for a service that is offline and discontinued for months?? I don't get it...

if someone can criticize my service quality is someone that have tested the service and that is a customer or any feedback you can find here from people that I've been helping without taking a single dollar just because they are from otland

the situation is obvious

You fail to see what the problem is. The problem isn't that the service is dead and the credentials are unusuable, I don't know if at the time it was up and running. The problem is the act of publishing them in the first place. This, at the very least, shows carelessness, sloppy work and bad mindset when it comes to security. You might have improved since 2019 for all I care but still, you don't seem to accept that this a hugely bad practise and a rookie mistake. Especially for someone that's a senior developer with 10+ years of experience.

As a senior developer myself, who has countless years and has worked as a freelancer, junior, dev and senior dev, let me explain that customer satisfaction and getting the job done means very little, unless your customer wants to save time and is planning on building on top of your work in the future.

The difference between a good developer(senior) and a beginner or intermediate, isn't that they produce this crazy one line code that amazes everyone. A senior developer will try their best to write solid, logical and understandable code for the pure benefit of anyone else that comes across their code in the future. They make the code so easy to read that it makes the next person's job easier.

Getting customer satisfaction and a thumbs up from the customer because what you have delivered works and they are happy with it is just one part of the process. Remember, most of the time the customer has no technical skill in the matter, and that's why they employed you to do it instead. So their testimony for you doesn't prove you to be highly experienced.

A "senior developer with more than 10 years of experience" that is a student. Take as much time as you need to contemplate how much self contradictory this is. I don't have a freelancer profile to show you because I don't do freelance jobs. My GitHub link is on my profile here. Sure, he might get the job done. Sure, he might be professional in his freelance deals. What I was questioning here (given that this is 3 years old) was the quality of his work.

You fail to see what the problem is. The problem isn't that the service is dead and the credentials are unusuable, I don't know if at the time it was up and running. The problem is the act of publishing them in the first place. This, at the very least, shows carelessness, sloppy work and bad mindset when it comes to security. You might have improved since 2019 for all I care but still, you don't seem to accept that this a hugely bad practise and a rookie mistake. Especially for someone that's a senior developer with 10+ years of experience.

I don't need you to confirm you're not a freelancer because looking at the statement above any freelancer can see you lack of experiencie on this topic.
You are claiming that feedback of your customers is irrelevant when it comes to criticizing your service quality because you suppose they lack the technical background to evaluate it, I can see you are doing a wrong assumption right there out of inexperience.
Not the 100% of your customers has to be people without technical background, they can just lack of time to code it themselves or are just lazy and rather pay to someone else to get the job done. It's not really hard to look at the .diff files and check if the code is good or not.
I think the whole self contradictory thing here is that you're bashing someone's business thread because of 2 lines of code that you have found in some git repo the OP was nice enough to share who have 100% customer satisfaction, and you, somehow, try to discredit showing your inexperience on the topic.

Unless you're some kind of seer, I can't see a way you can discredit 14 customer satifactions of 100% other than doing another assumption.

At the end, I think you're the one who fail to see that you're putting someone's profesionalism in doubt because you have found 2 lines of codes of some public repo when you actually have never worked with him not even once.

To do a comparisson, it would be like me stating that you lack of profesionalism because you're randomly bashing someone's thread using your staff account instead of PM to the OP and giving your feedback, influencing new customers of not taking his service out of purely envy(?). I have never seen you anywhere on this forum before so it would be easy to me to discredit you because of one or two behaviors present here, but yeah I don't know all the work you have done before here. Sounds crazy right? :)

Well... he forgot the most important thing in most of the cases: the budget

I can't deliver the same quality in 100 hours of work than in 500 hours but it's everything depending on how much is going to pay the customer... if someone can't understand that it's because of lack of experience. I will always try my best with everyone... but it's something obvious that effort brings results and there must be a huge difference from 100 to 500 hours (else I would be taking money for free)

I've worked for companies which already have a team and my code was reviewed by the full-stack leader, worked for senior programmers who are very busy to make everything by themselves and just needs more hands, worked for students that had little bugs or questions, and worked with people that have no idea about coding... In my experience it's like 50% people knew coding 50% didn't know anything at all

Obviously someone that is pointing out those lines from codes that were used exclusively by myself and just shared after I didn't use it anymore just in case someone can benefit from it... as I said before the situation is pretty obvious...

but I'm really interested in that profile @Boy67 could you share it? Because if you don't have anything to hide you can share your profile like I did :)

about influencing new customers... well... I didn't take a single dollar from the people who asked help from otland... I'm not here to make business but I will be happy to help people if I can or to take small tasks for reasonable budgets (I'm really overloaded right now)... But I can assure that all this hate is bumping my thread continuously and I'm getting a lot of requests thanks to the haters :)

People is not stupid, they read the posts and they know what happens it's pretty obvious

So right now in otland I've just helped people for free... You can hate me or blame but I will continue helping people and I will ask for money or not depending on what I feel... that's something up to me

This thread has truly been derailed and went from a "service" to a "lecture"..

My 2 cents :D

• Kuhi being passive-aggressive about most of the comments directed at him. Sorry but that is no way to react to criticism or even hate. You either learn or ignore. Fighting back will never do you good. Also I'll have to agree with Delirium on the customer's feedback doesn't mean anything at all. Customers aren't technically knowledgeable enough to tell a good code from a bad one. From the customer's side of view. If it works then you're an amazing software engineer. One of an era.
  • Claiming to be a senior engineer is unbelievable. Someone with 10+ years of experience under their belt can be identified through their code. They just don't write code, they write correct, efficient and carefully designed code. Senior engineer don't write code for present but for the future. Along with the attitude of a senior engineer which is someone who is open for learning and criticism. So you having 10+ years of experience is certainly a lie. Professional experience is different from your everyday experience.
  • @Delirium, You very first comment on this post on which I quote
    Code:
    I've checked your GitHub profile and it looks like you're a beginner. I've read most of your Visual Basic code since I work with the Microsoft stack and ecosystem and the code is VERY beginner level.
    Besides you're claiming you're going to secure a servers and yet, you're exposing some database connection string here:

http://classictibia.com character scanner, you can track people in hunted, enemy, friend and suspect list - Classictibia-Char-Scanner/Login.vb at master · Kuhicop/Classictibia-Char-Scanner
    github

If that server was still up and running, imagine the free access you'd be providing to anyone with basic programming skills.

Anyway, this is 2019. XSS and SQL injection should be not an issue anymore to anyone with 2 brain cells.
    This doesn't look like a "Global Moderator" giving an advice and expecting some useful discussion. You called him a person with 2 brain cells. In my opinion, this seems like an insult disguised as an advice. However, I do agree that the mistake is unforgivable as SQL injection shouldn't be an issue nowadays. But how you phrased it, just wasn't nice at all.
    Then you proceeded to argue left and right proving that "Kuhi" is no different than a script kid with beginner experience and rude behaviour. You could've just ignored the next posts as it was obvious that Kuhi didn't have the experience to be considered a "Security Engineer" and be paid for it.
  • Offering a service doesn't demand that you need to have a specific level of professionalism. You could offer a service while being a newbie. No one will hire you and no one should ever hire you. It even works against you as you'll reek of bad reputation of a newbie for a very long time. That's why it's much preferred to start clean and professional but not illegal in any way. It's not a scam, just an ugly joke. So I can't see why all the hate thrown right at him. I could claim to be able to write Google's search engine for 500$. Should you believe me? No. But if you're paying me then you're pretty dumb or desperate and that's on you.
  • Finally, Please lock this thread. Kuhi already posted how to contact him and I don't think there's any need for more flaming/hate. If any of you want to off his outstanding skill. Jump to the show-off section and enjoy.

This thread has truly been derailed and went from a "service" to a "lecture"..

My 2 cents :D

• Kuhi being passive-aggressive about most of the comments directed at him. Sorry but that is no way to react to criticism or even hate. You either learn or ignore. Fighting back will never do you good. Also I'll have to agree with Delirium on the customer's feedback doesn't mean anything at all. Customers aren't technically knowledgeable enough to tell a good code from a bad one. From the customer's side of view. If it works then you're an amazing software engineer. One of an era.
  • Claiming to be a senior engineer is unbelievable. Someone with 10+ years of experience under their belt can be identified through their code. They just don't write code, they write correct, efficient and carefully designed code. Senior engineer don't write code for present but for the future. Along with the attitude of a senior engineer which is someone who is open for learning and criticism. So you having 10+ years of experience is certainly a lie. Professional experience is different from your everyday experience.
  • @Delirium, You very first comment on this post on which I quote
    Code:
    I've checked your GitHub profile and it looks like you're a beginner. I've read most of your Visual Basic code since I work with the Microsoft stack and ecosystem and the code is VERY beginner level.
    Besides you're claiming you're going to secure a servers and yet, you're exposing some database connection string here:

http://classictibia.com character scanner, you can track people in hunted, enemy, friend and suspect list - Classictibia-Char-Scanner/Login.vb at master · Kuhicop/Classictibia-Char-Scanner
    github

If that server was still up and running, imagine the free access you'd be providing to anyone with basic programming skills.

Anyway, this is 2019. XSS and SQL injection should be not an issue anymore to anyone with 2 brain cells.
    This doesn't look like a "Global Moderator" giving an advice and expecting some useful discussion. You called him a person with 2 brain cells. In my opinion, this seems like an insult disguised as an advice. However, I do agree that the mistake is unforgivable as SQL injection shouldn't be an issue nowadays. But how you phrased it, just wasn't nice at all.
    Then you proceeded to argue left and right proving that "Kuhi" is no different than a script kid with beginner experience and rude behaviour. You could've just ignored the next posts as it was obvious that Kuhi didn't have the experience to be considered a "Security Engineer" and be paid for it.
  • Offering a service doesn't demand that you need to have a specific level of professionalism. You could offer a service while being a newbie. No one will hire you and no one should ever hire you. It even works against you as you'll reek of bad reputation of a newbie for a very long time. That's why it's much preferred to start clean and professional but not illegal in any way. It's not a scam, just an ugly joke. So I can't see why all the hate thrown right at him. I could claim to be able to write Google's search engine for 500$. Should you believe me? No. But if you're paying me then you're pretty dumb or desperate and that's on you.
  • Finally, Please lock this thread. Kuhi already posted how to contact him and I don't think there's any need for more flaming/hate. If any of you want to off his outstanding skill. Jump to the show-off section and enjoy.

I wasn't a moderator back then and I didn't call Kuhi a person with 2 brain cells. What I wanted to say is that SQL injection is mostly easy to prevent nowadays that people use ORMs to do transactions with their database. Now, passing user input unsanitized into an SQL query is another thing. Most beginner tutorials cover how to sanitize such inputs, I suppose.

But guys if you don't get paid until you're an engineer or senior developer.. how do you survive and eat?

Maybe I'm missing something and I'm loosing my money going to supermarket.. is there a way for you to live for free?

I'm not the cleanest programmer and I still have a lot to learn and improve. But I will be honest and if I'm not sure I can complete your task I will tell you from the start so you're not loosing time.

1661282800864.png

what irony

1661349205523.png

xDDD even otland showing that I've been doing things for 10+ years

But guys if you don't get paid until you're an engineer or senior developer.. how do you survive and eat?
[...]
You get a daytime job whilst studying, like most normal people? Is that not common sense?

what irony

View attachment 70075

xDDD even otland showing that I've been doing things for 10+ years
No, that reward is handed out to users whose accounts are older than 10 years.
It doesn't mean that you have been doing anything else other than creating the account 10 years ago.

Not to be rude, you do you. Keep on studying and believing in yourself and you'll improve as a developer.
But you should also try to improve yourself as a person. Your arguments here doesn't really give off the greatest vibes. I'd not want to be your customer if this is how you behave when someone disagrees with you/your work.

You get a daytime job whilst studying, like most normal people? Is that not common sense?

It doesn't mean that you have been doing anything else other than creating the account 10 years ago.

Not to be rude, you do you. Keep on studying and believing in yourself and you'll improve as a developer.
But you should also try to improve yourself as a person. Your arguments here doesn't really give off the greatest vibes. I'd not want to be your customer if this is how you behave when someone disagrees with you/your work.
I already worked few years as a technician before jumping to coding but meanwhile I was studying and learning... but once I start working as a programmer I'm still a newbie but still allowed to get paid... I don't see that scamming someone... And you already have the proof here in this thread where some guys gave reviews for helping them for free

Thank you for your comments :) and about my customers I doubt I could have 5/5 rating with such behavior.. I just can't stand people that don't know anything talking too much

And yeah about the 10 years it's just that I'm a member of otland for that long and my only reason to join here at the first time was to ask lua doubts as I was self-taught for long time and a beginner for ever xD

I don't see how any normal person would behave when you have around 4 pages of people bashing thread OP, who have not a single bad evaluation from his customers.
Not to mention that none of those guys bashing this thread are actually their customers and one of them is part of staff calling him a person with 2 brain cells.
The OP did nothing wrong, you should take care of your staff instead.

Back