• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Harry Potter Online (custom project) - Team Needed

tosuxo

Reaction score
I think it's about time this project was kicked into gear.
This project is complete enough for release, yet I would like people to join the team in many roles as I can no longer do all of the work by myself.

Some roles required:
Sprite Artist (0/2)
Mapper (0/1-2) (maybe 3 if possible)
Assistant Lua Scripter (0/1) (will assist me with non-major scripts)
Monster Creator (0/2) (you will be working on all of the new creatures with the sprite artist/s)
Gamemaster (4/4) (this role is named "Teacher" in-game)

If you feel you have the talent to help this server go to the next level, either PM me or reply on this thread with the following information:
Name:
Experience:

About the server:
Harry Potter Online is a custom OTserver project, which is based in the Harry Potter Universe, in it you can choose to be almost anything you want. From a potion maker, shop owner, death eater (PKer), fast food shop owner, sweet shop owner, any roleplaying idea you can come up with we will try to accommodate!

Here is a current minimap:
minimap5.jpg

Some of the major features:
Revamped combat system
Unique map based on the books
New monsters
New weapons
New Vocations
Player-controlled economy
Ministry Of Magic - the server's rules are controlled by the players and enforced by the players, this is your game world!
Difficult quests (that require exploring and thinking not just opening chests!)
Many more unique features.

Payment:
Each staff member will receive an equal (except gamemasters, whom will get slightly less as it's an easy role lol) share of the money from the server (myself included!) which will be distributed every time money is cleared into my account from Zaypay (so please have a paypal account if possible)

Why join this project?
This is a truly unique server, where the players have almost full control! The player-elected Minister for Magic can change any of the rules (except botting etc), hire Aurors to carry out the tasks and do pretty much whatever they want. They have a budget where they can fund events created by players, such as quidditch matches! There's too much information to put into a thread on how expansive and different this server is. I hope you can help me see this project completed (although it never truly will as there's always more to add)

Experience and skill rates are undecided, however it's likely to be around 5x as there's no need for lvl 99999 to enjoy this server ;)

Last edited:
Oh, you mean the server where you banned me and won't accept anyones output? The one where you are a conceited owner? The project was good until you became a complete asshole. Considering you delete new legit characters without question. Yes, what a great server it was. Notice how after you proved what an asshole you were, everyone quit. The server itself is solid, I'd recommend people joining, but as for the owner, pass it on to someone who can actually deal with a community.

You turned on donations while in beta phase... Really... You are too full of yourself to take constructive criticism, thus you will fail.

Oh, you mean the server where you banned me and won't accept anyones output? The one where you are a conceited owner? The project was good until you became a complete asshole. Considering you delete new legit characters without question. Yes, what a great server it was. Notice how after you proved what an asshole you were, everyone quit. The server itself is solid, I'd recommend people joining, but as for the owner, pass it on to someone who can actually deal with a community.

You turned on donations while in beta phase... Really... You are too full of yourself to take constructive criticism, thus you will fail.

wah wah wah baww baww, get out of this thread please. All you ever do is bitch on this forum. Please ignore this cretin.

Exactly my point bro. Get your anger fixed before you try to release a real server.

Unrelated Comment, it should be changed or deleted!

I've had disputes with tosuxo in other threads about bashing other project threads, and regardless of who it is I won't let that happen, so quit bashing this thread no matter how much you think it's going to be a fail project.
Quit your childish behavior and let this project be!

Exactly my point bro. Get your anger fixed before you try to release a real server.
Post something related or get out, if you have any "issues" with OP dispute them in his profile or PM him.

wah wah wah baww baww, get out of this thread please. All you ever do is bitch on this forum. Please ignore this cretin.
This is a childish behavior too and if you plan to get a good team to help you with this project I would suggest you to change that.

Good luck with the project, the Ideas look very promising!

I was merely pointing out that all he does is bitch and moan on the forums.

Bump.

bump

i'll upload a picture of the minimap so far if youwant?

bump

i'll upload a picture of the minimap so far if youwant?

Uploading pictures of your server status would be good to let others know how far have you taken the server,Also once you have a couple of people in your team, you should probably head into making a discussion thread.

Bumping for success!

Uploading pictures of your server status would be good to let others know how far have you taken the server,Also once you have a couple of people in your team, you should probably head into making a discussion thread.

Bumping for success!

Well everything is completely up and running (when I find the money to get hosting again lol), but the map is already huge and so on, I just need people to help me take this to the next level.

I'm currently working on a flying script to make travelling more fun ;)

bump - still no takers... this project is actually complete, i just need a team for the future of the project..

received cheers
as I said in the PM, I'm waiting until the rest of the positions are filled before hiring the GMs, but I'll keep the PM saved :)

Name: Brad
Country and languages spoken: USA,English and bits and pieces of others.
Experiences: I am a mapper of course..I have been mapping for about 6 months now. I will post some of my work when I get home from work because i'm on my phone now.

Looking forward to joining the team! Always been my fantasy to join a team as a mapper and have everything done already, haha. I may hve another applicant for you aswell.
33uzp7b.png
Here is a hunting area I made for my custom server that failed xD

Last edited:
Name: Brad
Country and languages spoken: USA,English and bits and pieces of others.
Experiences: I am a mapper of course..I have been mapping for about 6 months now. I will post some of my work when I get home from work because i'm on my phone now.

Looking forward to joining the team! Always been my fantasy to join a team as a mapper and have everything done already, haha. I may hve another applicant for you aswell.

I look forward to seeing your map sample :)

Looks good, sign me up for mapper, or monster creator why should you make me one of those? That's easy\/
Name: Alexander Johnsen
Live: Norway
Speak: Norwigian, Swedish, and English
Exp: A lot about 4-5 years of playing, some less mapping, and scripting.
Why?: Can't see any reason why not

Contact me: [email protected]

Back