• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HELLAS OT MAPPING THREAD

Heres a little peak at Sparta xD
c65LYq.png

I like your effort but you are working on things too big to handle, and I'm not really fond of how you treat criticism. If you ask for opinions then be prepared for unexpected ones. The idea behind this is brilliant, I love mythology but I strongly recommend you to work on smaller projects. I can't even imagine myself trying to finish a thing like this.

Well prepare for the unexpected then :) thanks for your comment.. be free to give me some mapping Tips.. But yea to be honest with all of you the way i feel about mapping: I understand that many of you may have alot further experience in mapping compared to me.. I Respect everyone who was trying to help me.. but really i dislike the 'AUTOBOREDED!' Comments because really i try my best with raw.. i mean i have a whole lot of a ot to publish and and if im taking as much time possible on the map.. I cant focus on the ot itself.. The main borderline is Greek Mythology based with Ancient Citys and Monsters of mythology. With such a project I need to focus my hardest on the ot itself and just make sure the maps are playable not horrible some parts you may like.. some parts you may think is decent.. you could even not like it at all but what im saying is because this Forum is based for Game Designers and there is many of them streaming other ots.. These people see these maps and straight away say to themselves for example.. Oh I have a evo ot.. I see this custom map on advertisments; now i will say autoborded so his ot looks bad. LOL what have we come to? this happens on every thread where its not a as experienced mapper.. Playable/decent/good maps where the ot is actually pretty good to play and fun.. Look at it this way.. Best ots ever? Hmmn well defenetely in the top 10, 5 of the maps sucked... But everyone played cause the damn server was good and addictive..

I could go to any one of these 5 ots, In the top ten best ots ever, go on there post and type AUTOBOREDED. LOL messed up isnt it?. but its the truth and im worried if otland isnt aware of this bullcrap. I see it all the time

Autoborder so what? this is to all you whiny biatches:

99% of these whiny guys play in fucking lol br/pl teleport x9999 hotkeys aimbott poop sd spamming servers, wich means you sucks.
So yeah, fuck off

ps i aint even mad

So why you made server for 8.6 tibia? This client still alive cause of Elfbot, if you will ban players for using this bot you'll get 0 players on "Hellas" after 1 week.
If you don't want botters on ot, just try to make server hmm for 10.41 client? More epic sprites and outfits = good for you ^^

i dislike the 'AUTOBOREDED!'

What people are telling you is not about autobordering perce. When someone tells you it looks autobordered it looks plain square. Nature isn't plain square and mappers intend to get their nature realistic, and so should you. They repeat comments like 'still looks autobordered' because it simply looks plain square.

Look at your city Sparta as an example. Does the city look like we've imagined from mythology? Also, do you think the city look good?

Autoborder so what? this is to all you whiny biatches:

99% of these whiny guys play in fucking lol br/pl teleport x9999 hotkeys aimbott poop sd spamming servers, wich means you sucks.
So yeah, fuck off

What?

Last edited:
@Simon Here
Well its going to be a RPG/War server.. Much more content included when I set the release date. But with the Elf bot.. I believe because it will be known for pvp/hunting.. I really wanna make it fair for the players
So I will let you all know now that there wont be any Donation Items all the good equipment will be obtainable through quests. And it will be fair because cave botting will not be allowed..
I can not officially tell you that players would not be able to use elfbot to heal themselves or train.. That's not official yet. But cave Botting no way. If you have come to cave bot and get a whole lot of levels compared to others for no work at all and then goto depot start killing every one then i feel thats not fair with a high frag system.. Thats common sense even more simple that most of you guys figure my mapping out to be :D
"nothing meant by this"

@auda
What i had showed you was not a completed city with any details at all.. I showed you the buildings only.. It was a little peak at sparta nothing completed lol.. And if you ask me if the building are great yes! Because sparta wasn't known for building.. Athens was! And you guys haven't seen Athens yet ha. Sparta had stone buildings mostly.. not much marble.. The movie 300 is all computer edited.. from the battlefields to the city's so that wouldn't be correct. I'm mapping to try make it look original as possible.. Not huge amounts of detail but whats needed to be there should be there.. that's why i ask for opinions I will take your opinions and if there's any that I like I will use them.

And greek mythology is great wonders especially if you combine it with tibia. And many of you might say that it would be a hard topic/theme to do but I can do it because its all in my head.. Good game designers have there project in their head before having to do research on their theme because then already know it :D How do I know about my theme? Thats a good question. I am from Greece but have been living in United Kingdom. Greek mythology has been taught to me since a little kid.. through; family, friends, teachers, documentaries.. I knew all about this before I even started playing Tibia. I have over 6 years experience In tibia.. played Rl tibia got to level 100. played many ots.. and I have been in the world of designing ots for 3 and a half years. Also in the passed 2 years I have been doing Game Designing in college along with Mechanics. but Open Tibia is a whole different platform to what i'm getting taught but I still have the knowledge to complete it. And should I say.. Quite the team mate. xD

Last edited:
It's just like... I don't know how to say... I am speechless, but not in a positive way.

You just came here to our community to improve your mapping skills... to learn how you become a decent mapper.
Everyone (most of us) just wanted to give you advice, because you told us to give feedback.

And all you do is rejecting like every single tip, that's why you won't improve as long as you live. You come along with all these executions... senseless.

Your project might have a good story, cool ideas and stuff... but you can't hide a shitty map with a good storyline (all the way random and bad organized).
I really wonder if you just want to present your project or develop yourself by improving your map!

If it's your honest wish to improve your skills, just start listening to others and keep on reading!

Many players don't care about how the map looks like, but nearly every single REAL mapper does! And if you want to create some kind of RPG map, the map is finally the most important thing!

First of all stop using autoborder! Ye... I know you told us you won't... BUT shut the fuck up! You finally do, the bordering on you map only appears in that way if you do!
Using RAW instead of autoborder provides many advantages:
-> you will need more time (positive?!) -> yes! you will learn what kind of details match to eachother and which are essential or not! -> structures do not become as squary as hell! -> they become more creative -> more awesome

You became a great mapper if every single part of a map looks kind of special or even decent. -> the composition of colors and ideas must fit together (for example your city... NO ground fits, and wall colors jsut stay in conflict to others)

Aaaaand finally... after you got some advice try to remake your old parts... look how you might be able to correct things...
One of your arguments was: "It's not finished at all, without any details!" --> Most of us just know how it will look like later on (because everything what's there doesn't fit), if you just ignore all the feedback, YOU WANTED US TO HELP!
If it's not done yet... easy solution --> don't post it!

Take a look to threads of other mappers like: Macedoon, Eiserne Festung, Darklord, Neon.... and many more! Get inspired! Look how they used to detail areas! And finally improve!

You won't improve if you don't want to accept feedback!

If you are not able to live with that... just leave! It's like you got destroyed by your own attitude! So get your ass off the couch and even try to make progress!

Good luck anyways... learn how to grow with feedback and stop taking things too emotional/serious!

Last edited:
LOL You are very funny my friend. I thank everyone for there comments but why do you expect me to be as good as everyone else in 1 week.. Look at the pictures i have posted already.. people are saying im improving.. Your acting as if my map is trash. Unless your a great mapper its not. thats all i was trying to explain I like the fact everyone is trying to help me.. but look how many noobs just said autoborded when they cant do shit themselves? This map will put Biak, Evo and all that other bullshit to shame. Even some parts are better than rl tibia.. especially the old rl map stuff that SUCKED. And how can you just tell me USE RAW? or AUTOBORDED wtf bro can you proove im not trying? No you cannot.. I'm sorry im not going to make a map look as good as some of you want it. I just aint got the time to, I am college student.. I have a part time job.. and I am making this project (you tell me to get off the couch!?!?) ? FOR WHAT? WHY? WHY THE HELL AM I DOING THIS FOR? FOR THE OT COMMUNITY! and yet this guy confronts me of not listening to the suggestions im given.. I'm trying my best.. And what i am saying is the truth. ALL of you who are hating on me (you know who you are) Just don't comment. I'm sorry if i cannot make the map to your requirements. If you are going to feel offended because you gave me advise and I didn't use it or did not use it as you wanted it to be..

You say Everyone..(most of us) That most of us right there proves what im saying is correct as i was not talking about everyone
You say you just I came to this community.. When actually i had used otland before..
You say I have come to improve my mapping.. I have not. I have come to let you all know about my ot, Show some mapping pics.. and get some suggestions..
You say I reject every singal tip.. I do not.. I take all of them into consideration.. I just may not use them. after all its my server and what i want is what i do. You may not like it? Suggest something? Dont play? Dont comment? Get a life?.
Stop wasting your time and do something that can benefit yourself? If you do like my ot that's great thank you. If you don't thank you to.. its your choice what you wanna do.. just please don't hate!

I have not even tried to start any arguments I have been friendly and said thanks to all the comments and yet i get haters posting? This is why otland is the way it is.

This is why otland is the way it is.
This part right here pissed me off, are you literally so delusional you cannot see how your acting towards others? You are sitting here INSULTING others when they are trying to make YOU improve your mapping! Instead of talking back to them NEGATIVELY you can instead man up and take the criticism in a good way.

The Otland community treats you how you treat them!

I'm sorry. You got the wrong impression. majority of ot community is good.. I have nothing to say against you as i see you as a good member on these forums with a good project in future..
But the truth hurts and the Truth is that there's a percentage of this community who don't know what their talking about.. which makes otland the way it is..
Theres nothing against otland, its a good majority of the community. good website but Its the some of the people in it which make it bad.. Look at the world for instance.. Its a great thing.. Amaizing infact.. but its the people in it who made it as bad as it is today.

I'm sorry. You got the wrong impression. majority of ot community is good.. I have nothing to say against you as i see you as a good member on these forums with a good project in future..
But the truth hurts and the Truth is that there's a percentage of this community who don't know what their talking about.. which makes otland the way it is..
Theres nothing against otland, its a good majority of the community. good website but Its the some of the people in it which make it bad.. Look at the world for instance.. Its a great thing.. Amaizing infact.. but its the people in it who made it as bad as it is today.
Yet I see old members pointing stuff out for you and instead you think they are hating on you.

I'm not insulting anyone..
I'm not taking anything negativly..
as i reapeat 100th time all the suggestions i get i thank for the comments but i may not use whats said THATS IT. hard to understand?

Last edited:
It's funny how your maps where you actually "try" have the same bordering style as your piece for the shittiest mapper competition.
kOny3M.png

All SS is AutoBorder!

Ok so All of you beleive these comments help me? nope

Let me show you the comments which did help me

I like the setup of the city, it has that feeling of greek acropolis. The map itself is could be done better, but you're improving a lot. I would make the buildings more compact, you probably could make some of those buildings a bit smaller and save some space for for he city. Also the library is looking a lot better, but it needs a roof, you don't want the books to get wet. I'm not a big fan of the wall combination, it think it can be done better, but it doesn't look horrendous. Also i would remover the "hellas" border-thing-y.
But really, you are improving a lot! Keep it up

keep it up, every time u are making it better but still a long way to be good!

See the difference..?

1). The metal fittings, don't fit (on the temple or the bridge to the east).
2). Change the direction of a few of those crossbows, because as you have it mapped, enemies can come front the the south and east.
Then look and a couple other users mountains/bordering and you should be set :)
Pretty sure the banner in the lava would cease to exist because it's in lava.
spammy af. Also, why are there tile cracks in the sand? That makes 0 sense. Also, try to not make it so square-y.

Its hard to comment like this is it?

Introduction:

All of us just want to help, but I get your point why you are kind of "angry" right now!
But just read my post again and tell me where I did not want to point something out and give you some advice!

Main body:

"I thank everyone for there comments but why do you expect me to be as good as everyone else in 1 week.."
--> Yes you do!

"Your acting as if my map is trash."
--> I have seen worse! But it's not as good as it has to be to look attractive

"thats all i was trying to explain I like the fact everyone is trying to help me.. but look how many noobs just said autoborded when they cant do shit themselves?"
--> They gave you some advice and it doesn't matter if they even can map themselves! I pointed out what you can benefit from using RAW only. Nothing else did they try to tell you! Noone blamed you.

"This map will put Biak, Evo and all that other bullshit to shame."
--> I actually like these maps. If you have ever seen a not-edited version of evo, you can't say it's bad! It's just kind of outdated!

"Even some parts are better than rl tibia.. especially the old rl map stuff that SUCKED."
--> In my opinion and I think many experienced mappers will agree to me... Rl Tibia has one of the best map so far. Why? It's not great in detail but they made it attractive to play! There are some things that aren't good. But all in all, it's a fantastic map! And noone cares of every single detail and I am not saying all of your stuff is bad, but they created a world with thousands of possiblities and stuff, which most of us wouldn't be able to think of!

"And how can you just tell me USE RAW? or AUTOBORDED wtf bro can you proove im not trying?
I just aint got the time to, I am college student.. I have a part time job.."
--> Just look at those two sentences and tell me again, you try your best. Every project needs time to develop. Before they can develop, you have to!

"WHY THE HELL AM I DOING THIS FOR? FOR THE OT COMMUNITY!"
--> In first line we all do it for ourselves! Because we are interested in doing it. But I get your point! It's nice that you want to contibute something to the community, but if that's your motive than isn't it your task to do a better job?
-> Improve yourself, skill your mapping abilities... THEN create a project, which CAN succeed!

"and yet this guy confronts me of not listening to the suggestions im given.. I'm trying my best.."
--> Taking it in consideration doesn't mean you are listening! All of us wanted to help you. They told you what to improve. If you listen then just remake some pieces with your new knowledge! After that we can tell you, if it's really an improvement but you didn't give us a chance to, you posted the next one, where we actually were able to see, nothing had changed!

"ALL of you who are hating on me (you know who you are) Just don't comment. I'm sorry if i cannot make the map to your requirements."
--> Noone is hating you! Everyone of us once started without beeing great! (Except of me! jk : P) Ye... you do not fullfill the requirements but I am not telling you it's shit and that's it. I gave you feedback, how to become better!

"If you are going to feel offended because you gave me advise and I didn't use it or did not use it as you wanted it to be."
--> Naaa, I am fine you just feel attacked and I was kind of harsh but wanted to give you some advice, that how you act to other people isn't the right way

"You say you just I came to this community.. When actually i had used otland before."
--> It doesn't matter how long you were around us! You just came to this section to improve your skills! That's nothing to blame actually, it's good! But then just stop acting like a fool. You wanted feedback and blamed others who criticized your works!?

"You say I have come to improve my mapping.. I have not. I have come to let you all know about my ot, Show some mapping pics.. and get some suggestions."
--> if it's so just go to the advertisment section where you can introduce your project! But isn't getting suggestions the same point as the will to improve?

"I take all of them into consideration.. I just may not use them."
--> That actually made me laught... for what in earth do you ask for feedback then?

"after all its my server and what i want is what i do. You may not like it? Suggest something? Dont play? Dont comment?"--> Wait?! Didn't you say it's all for the community? You completly destroyed my mind! I thought you want to contribute your server to us... now I am sad. I am so confused! You just read the parts where I was kinda harsh. But I suggested you MANY things!

"Stop wasting your time and do something that can benefit yourself?"
--> I actually just masturbated! And yes it was great! No finally I was joking! I came here to help you and that's my benefit. I wanted to point you out that the way you just treat others isn't the right way!

"If you do like my ot that's great thank you. If you don't thank you to.. its your choice what you wanna do.. just please don't hate"
--> I also said, I actually like your idea. The map is your problem and in detail that you can't or you are not willing to follow feedback

"I have not even tried to start any arguments I have been friendly and said thanks to all the comments and yet i get haters posting? This is why otland is the way it is."
--> So... your "Get a life" is an advice and not and insult! Thank you very much. I actually haven't thought about it! It's just like I am only here to blame and insult others! I am instantly going out! Improving my lifestyle! You are a wise man!

Conclusion:

You just come along with so many excuses... and say: "Waawaawa they are all hating me, I have no time and stuff"
Finally we don't hate you. Just deal with critism. Learn to handle it and push it in the right direction! Improving your map and contributing it to the community!
This is only some advice. And I will stop commenting now. Because it seems to be senseless as long as you are not willed to accept feedback.

This is the mapping section and if you just want to advertise your server, do it somewhere else (there is a section of that)! Because we are here to let you know how to improve your skills, but that's senseless if you don't really want to use it!

Greetings,
Mycos

Back