• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hello fellow mappers

Vaka

Collapser Zulu Mapper
Reaction score
hej, wat up, i'm vaka

Attachments

Last edited:
too much randomness, spammed, autoborder, read some tutorials please :D

Nice, some pics got as Prest says to much randomness but otherwise nice done ^^

Some parts makes no sense.

well ofc, my mapping is a disgrace compared to your grass tufts and open fields of nothing.

it's houses, and some shots of a few quest areas, what doesn't make sense?

Last edited:
a new quest i'm working on ;D

yes, the swamp near water looks weird, i know

and i just noticed there's some border missing on that rug, sorry that i pointed it out before the athera crew could, i know they get kicks out of nitpicking at peoples maps

Attachments

Last edited:
6 groundtypes in 1 pic, and not even talking about the roofs.

sorry, dont like it.

how about trying to make some normal nature.
Example:
qqqTBA5uxl.png

(Neon's)

It looks very creative. I like it!

Red

Vaka, I'm going to say my thoughts. I've only looked at a couple pieces of your mapping, and I have to say that they make no sense whatsoever. You have like 4 different grounds of 3 different elements put together, I would consider ONLY mapping in raw, do not do ANYTHING with autoborder. You have somewhat of a potential, so.. Try some more.

Vaka, I'm going to say my thoughts. I've only looked at a couple pieces of your mapping, and I have to say that they make no sense whatsoever. You have like 4 different grounds of 3 different elements put together, I would consider ONLY mapping in raw, do not do ANYTHING with autoborder. You have somewhat of a potential, so.. Try some more.

i would put the time into it and not autoborder, but most of my maps have a deadline they have to be done, and autoborder does wonders if you want to save time

6 groundtypes in 1 pic, and not even talking about the roofs.

sorry, dont like it.

how about trying to make some normal nature.
Example:
qqqTBA5uxl.png

(Neon's)

The differance between what you posted and what Vaka posted is that Neon's piece there is just a random field on the map, while Vaka is showing houses/ quest areas..

Like in the screenshot you're making fun of, yes, he has alot of different types of ground.. but it's suppose to be a hide out made in a old swamp.. so they had to clear most of the swamp area, to make a path, and made the houses out of whatever they could find.

And I've used vakas maps before, he has plenty of normal areas like the one you showed.. but I don't think anyone would make a thread to showcase a regular normal field.

Agree with this.. autoborder sucks :( But like he said.. time restraints :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually love the "nature fields of nothing". It's really great thing! What would we do without trees and bushes?
And I think it's a little too big mixture of the grounds, otherwise it's fine.

he's got his eye on your lawnmower

and your pokemon cards..

Attachments

hvtlpt.jpg

inspired by the london bridge ;D

not 100% finned yet though

Back