• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

Znote. I had a awesome idea. I'd really like to tell you on PM.

I can't deliver my mapping since I am at my aunts place. Maybe be home a little while tmrw.

Idea: what if for some monsters to you had like the regular monster, then a harder version maybe called champion or something and then like a boss called like an elite.

Example: Troll
Troll Champion
Elite Troll

Something along these lines would be cool. :p

Idea: what if for some monsters to you had like the regular monster, then a harder version maybe called champion or something and then like a boss called like an elite.

Example: Troll
Troll Champion
Elite Troll

Something along these lines would be cool. :p

Yes its a good idea. Approved ;)

you're doing it solo? else can I know who is in the team?

Yes, pretty much. Bit over a week ago I hired 2 mappers, however I seem to get no progress from them. :/

Still looking for mappers.

Yes, pretty much. Bit over a week ago I hired 2 mappers, however I seem to get no progress from them. :/

Still looking for mappers.

I would help you but im not a good mapper :p, With the detail things.

Oh damn, I forgot!

Znote, I am currently busy with school :/ I'm going to try to get my piece done right away :)

I'm having a really difficult time figuring out which awesome way you can conquer the 3rd main war zone that belongs to the meteor caused mountain town (Dormgolia). Please help me out rushing some ideas at my face!

Edit:
I think this will be the location for the war zone:
WZ3concept.jpg

I haven't started the mapping yet. But its pretty close Dormgolia.
The main reward for conquering that war zone will be to gain access to the snow island above the war zone.

Last edited:
how about in the war zone there are 3 bases, 1 goes to 1 team, another goes to the other, whoever captures the 3rd one + "melts" the other team's base wins the war zone, by melting it you have to set fire around all entrances [should be like 4 (7 sqm wide entrances) however the fire only lasts about 35 seconds.

EDIT: to conquer the 3rd base you gotta get to the center of it and in the middle theres a statue, and there are 6 tiles you gotta step on, so you need 6 people to step on it at the same time then at the top of the castle theres a lever, if the 6 guys are stepping on the tiles + the lever is pulled, that team conquers the base.

@Prest Great creativity! :p I like the idea(as much of it as I understood[aprox 30%?]) but think it might not fit properly, there are 3 towns aka "teams" trying to conquer this place, perhaps it should be 3 bases (1 each town) and 1 special base (town needs to conquer this one) In order to conquer the special base all enemy bases has to be burning?

In case of low populated servers, I wish to make it possible to conquer a war zone even with 1 player online. So I don't want to put a limit player cap to any systems. (except particular quests)

Well if all enemy bases have to be burning then you gotta make the fire last longer because I doubt 1 person can set them all on fire before they disappear xD Oh and make it that the fire can only be destroyed by a special destroy rune [so you cant use the normal ones] and in each base 2 respawn every 20 seconds to make it harder to protect your base :D

I'm going to wait and collect some more ideas for the war zone, and pick one of the ideas when I have like 4 - 5 of them. So keep coming with ideas. :) For now I'm working on the introduction story and gameplay for the server.

I'm also searching for more mappers who would like to give me a helping hand.

iminimap1.jpg

This here was my original map draft, I think there has been some neat progress since I took this snapshot. So I guess its time to show a small progress thingy.

Progress:
mapprogressJPG.jpg

(Its so zoomed out that details like trees are not displayed).

A typical mini-map world map preview don't work good since "ground floor" is irregular.

A screenie of a portion of our map:
mountainpass.jpg

Killzon32 did a really nice job with the upper part of mountainpass :D

overall mapping contributions in this screenshot:
Killzon32, Kangarew, Zatjin, Three Magic, Znote.

Still much unfinished, but map starting to look like something :D

By Killzon32:
southerntheroliapassageRESULT.jpg

Last edited:
Back