• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

Znote, you got some time to come on MSN or are you busy?

Really starting to look cool !

dude im still following this server. when will you host a test server??

BTW dude. PLEASE. Dont use custom skin, the std tibia skin is great.

Last edited:
Heyho :)

Ok, I am done with exam period, I have had an excellent Christmas and new year. Its time to get back to the project. :)

#1:
I would like some feedback from you guys again. And we are still working on the national (town-ational? townal? XD) conquering system. If you have kept yourself up to date, you should already be a bit familiar with it, if not, make sure to read opening post, do a search for the conquering system, and follow up on my progress from this post. (and my like next 10 posts from there).

So, I am thinking how much shall I stretch the advantages gained from the conquering system in terms of PvP.
The towns are always in conflict with each other, conquered areas, should it be possible for a white skulled person to be able to hide himself behind conquered land to avoid giving the enemy a chance to claim revenge?
This is townal~? speaking, meaning this method would only seem to be efficient as long as the opponement is from another town than you, else they could pass it just as you.

Or should I "make it fair", and make sure you can only enter claimed zones as long as you dont have a pz icon?
Surely the latter is more fair, but wouldn't things get spiced up a bit? Suddenly the conquering system will play a major role in terms of pvp.
This could also be a way to balance town population, since there are both advantages and disadvantages to having the majority of the population on your side. You would rather keep the hunting grounds for you and your close friends rather than accessible for everyone.
But on the other side, you would rather have access to all zones, because you like the freedom and the fact that enemies cant hide behind their conquered zone. As long as you townal~ owns that zone, there is nowhere for them to hide.

I'm thinking alot about this, and I personally think that going the safe and fair "pz lock no access whatSoEver" sounds damn boring, and alot of interesting aspects of the gameplay regarding the conquering system will be completely blocked out.

#2:
A portion of our spells:
(Not in correct order)
Adrenaline - You can feel the blood pumping through your veins, muscles itching for pressure and your focus so dedicated on the enemy its like nobody else exist.
[Gains adrenaline condition for 2 minutes with 100 adrenaline points]
[If you run out of adrenaline points the adrenaline condition will be immediately dispelled].

Charge- You quickly leap to your enemy, dealing damage and slows then down for x seconds. Your feet gets really exhausted.
(If adrenaline condition is active, you will not get exhausted, but loose 40 adrenaline points).

Weapon throw - You tighten your muscles and throw your weapon at your enemy at immense speed. Causing 2-3x? physical damage to them. However trowing away your weapon means disarming yourself for a brief moment, and your muscles also takes a toll by being really exhausted.
(If adrenaline condition is active, you will not get exhausted, but loose 30 adrenaline points).

A nice set of spells that interacts with each other, obtained from the warrior profession.

Cripling shot- Your next x range attacks will deal regular physical damage, + a poison condition which in seconds will spread and paralyze your whole body if not being treated immediately. (5 - 10 seconds).

Bloodthirst- ummh.. How shall I explain.... Lasts 1 - 2 minutes, with 5 seconds tickrate. If you during the first 5 seconds (before first tick starts) you deal 300 damage to your enemy, the tick will make them loose 30 additional damage, (10% of 300dmg), and then you will be healed for 30HP.
Then if you during the next 5 seconds, manage to deal 200 damage, (They will have a total loss by 530 damage), they will loose 53 damage, and you will be healed for 53 HP.

[So far 10 seconds...]

Then during the next 5 seconds, you deal 250 damage, total damage so far: 833, which means enemy loose 83HP, while you gain 83HP.

deal 200 dmg

they have lost total 1116 damage since magic started, they now loose 116 additional HP, and you get 116 HP.

So in this sample, the magic have "stolen" 282 HP from enemy, and you have gained 282HP.

It wasnt so dangerous the first seconds, but if you are under this magic, it would be wise to get away as quickly as possible. And take as little damage as possible.

What describtion should I give this spell? :p

#3:
I am checking out the PvP system a bit, and made a simple script that will only allow you to PK (attack/damage) somebody who are aprox +/-XX% your own level.
pvpsystem.png

Script contains core functionality, tested on another OT server. Feel free to rip if you want. (I was extra kind to take an image of it, so if you really want this code, you gotta get used to coding! ^^)

But should I use this pvp system on Quest OTs? Or should I keep it more "open" allowing powerabusers to do whatever they want with the lowbies and such?

About the PVP, I think you need to control it by your script, but not so much... So you allow a level 100 to kill level 50, but not less than that... So, 50%

IDEA! :
* Master: Blacksmithing Master

LoL Znote, we are basically doing the same server. I wish; I had you as a programmer.

Yes indeed it might be a disadvantage to put a pz to enter a conquered zone, so what a about a movement script that check if PZ and Town id to enter? that might fix the problem. else if the attacker is hiding in the spot the other team will need to get the zone to take vengeance. so thats pvp looking for strategical zones not only run and killing :).

Simply love it ;C haha nice spells idas :p

Perhaps doing that script of 25% make the frag system count more.
3 Frags per day
7 "" per week
17 per Month

because what about you have your Rookie friend lvl 15 and your lvl 100, and some SonOfAGuns! kill him, and lets say that the killers were 2 lvl 20s, you wont be able to take vengeance from him. so thats a double-edged sword. ( hope you understand what i mean).

also znote may i have your msn :)?

Thanks for the feedback, keep'em coming. Yeah percent values on the pvp system is by no means set to 25%. It was only during my time testing the script.

what a about a movement script that check if PZ and Town id to enter? that might fix the problem.

Ummh, my problem is not how to do it, but whether or not I should do it. Set simply:
Should I allow people to enter conquered zones while being pz-locked?
Or should i NOT allow people to enter conquered zones while being pz-locked?

Perhaps doing that script of 25% make the frag system count more.
3 Frags per day
7 "" per week
17 per Month

because what about you have your Rookie friend lvl 15 and your lvl 100, and some SonOfAGuns! kill him, and lets say that the killers were 2 lvl 20s, you wont be able to take vengeance from him. so thats a double-edged sword. ( hope you understand what i mean).

also znote may i have your msn :)?

I dont use MSN any longer, my Skype however is mrZnote. You can see if im online or not on Skype two lines below my reputation bar here on otland.

If a level 15 friend of you get PKed by 2 level 20, and you are level 100. Then you are out of luck, this is also a place where strategy comes in mind, perhaps you should keep multiple chars, some PK/war chars at lower level.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, keep'em coming. Yeah percent values on the pvp system is by no means set to 25%. It was only during my time testing the script.

Kay :p

Ummh, my problem is not how to do it, but whether or not I should do it. Set simply:
Should I allow people to enter conquered zones while being pz-locked?
Or should i NOT allow people to enter conquered zones while being pz-locked?

should you not allow them to enter while PZ-locked

If a level 15 friend of you get PKed by 2 level 20, and you are level 100. Then you are out of luck, this is also a place where strategy comes in mind, perhaps you should keep multiple chars, some PK/war chars at lower level.

well then that will suck :/ but well w/e :p its your decision not mine, Im just giving you some feedback

Yeah, I dont think under any circumstances, a level 100 should be allowed to engage in combat against a level 20, no matter what that lvl 20 character has done.

The level 15 friend should face the defeat, and consider moving to another location. Dying is a part of the game.

Yeah, I dont think under any circumstances, a level 100 should be allowed to engage in combat against a level 20, no matter what that lvl 20 character has done.

The level 15 friend should face the defeat, and consider moving to another location. Dying is a part of the game.

i think you will understand with that edit :)
If its part of the game then the lvl 100 should be able to help his friend lol Troll Face

Highlevel powerabusing is not. ^.^

Even tho the highlevel have a reason, hes still abusing his power to gain his justice.

and didnt the 2 lvl 20s :O? tho they are not that hight lvl but if you add that 2*20=40 vs 15?
also if you do the math 20*.25=5 20-5=15 so thats nearly the limit lvl they will be able to kill so in my opinion thats power abusing

--go into skype so we can chat haha

If pvp would be limited to 25% then its impossible for level 20 players to attack level 15 players are vice versa.
(I think I will change it to something around 30 - 40% tho).

15 * 1.25 = 18 as integer. The system always calculates the percent from the lowest level.

And its not my fault nor responsibility to make sure that the level 15 player have another friend in his level range to support him.

Hey znote how's the project going? ;D

Can't complain :p In-game progress not growing fast, spending most of my time just drafting ideas and how to solve them. There are quite many things to take into consideration. :p

I have given myself an estimated time of arrival for a pre-beta, which is early 2013. Lets hope I accomplish it <3 As I feel I am getting pretty close managing to finish the core systems, and I can start to build upon them. In half a year or less I will stop creating new stuff and start making an "interface" to it, making it playable and entertaining. Once everything works as planned I will start to heavily focus on the storyline of the game, making it MMO compatible and rpg'ish.

Last edited:
Ahh love the Extra Credits show!

Penny Arcade - Extra Credits &ndash; Choice and Conflict

Just found them and turned out to priority watching the whole first season instead of sleeping. <.<

This episode really hit me good and reminded me of some of my wishes for Quest OTs.

Edit: My ISP is finally done messing around with my network, finally getting what im paying for! :D
1697911451.png

54209676.png

Last edited:
Heyho :)
#3:
I am checking out the PvP system a bit, and made a simple script that will only allow you to PK (attack/damage) somebody who are aprox +/-XX% your own level.
pvpsystem.png

Script contains core functionality, tested on another OT server. Feel free to rip if you want. (I was extra kind to take an image of it, so if you really want this code, you gotta get used to coding! ^^)

But should I use this pvp system on Quest OTs? Or should I keep it more "open" allowing powerabusers to do whatever they want with the lowbies and such?

it is nice for normal attacks, it would prevent the power abusers, but that becomes useless for guild war attacks, it would be very frustrating if a level 300 tries to attack an enemy level 200 and it can't, it would be nice if you add a function to check if the attacker and target are enemies or not, if they are enemies there would not any restriction

you can check that by this way:
[cpp]cid->getPlayer()->isEnemy(target->getPlayer() , true)[/cpp]

Last edited:
Back