• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

it is nice for normal attacks, it would prevent the power abusers, but that becomes useless for guild war attacks, it would be very frustrating if a level 300 tries to attack an enemy level 200 and it can't, it would be nice if you add a function to check if the attacker and target are enemies or not, if they are enemies there would not any restriction

you can check that by this way:
[cpp]cid->getPlayer()->isEnemy(target->getPlayer() , true)[/cpp]

Yes, guilds who are in war against each other will ignore this pvp protection. This motivates people to quit a guild if they cant handle the pressure.

May the best guild survive. :p

Anyone up for helping me with some mapping pieces?

Give me a reply here, no matter what your mapping skills are, I will send you a piece 50x50 - 150x150. It dosnt have to be awesome, but useable and I will add it to the main map.

This is a nice way for etc new mappers to do some practice jobs, as well as it lets pro mappers show their excellence. :p So if you got some spare time to help me I would be grateful. :)

Edit: I think I will create a thread in jobs section where I do this mapping hiring thingy soon. :p

Anyone up for helping me with some mapping pieces?

Give me a reply here, no matter what your mapping skills are, I will send you a piece 50x50 - 150x150. It dosnt have to be awesome, but useable and I will add it to the main map.

This is a nice way for etc new mappers to do some practice jobs, as well as it lets pro mappers show their excellence. :p So if you got some spare time to help me I would be grateful. :)

Edit: I think I will create a thread in jobs section where I do this mapping hiring thingy soon. :p

I COULD! Haven't mapped in a while, great chance for getting fit :D

Great. :) Will send you a mapping piece tomorrow. :)

Edit, I have posted a few vids of me scripting for Quest OTs on youtube. Feel free to watch them here:
http://otland.net/f481/watch-me-scripting-youtube-my-quest-ots-project-149165/

Its just me chillin scripting and thinking how to do it. :p Not very fast progress or big excitement but it might help some of you. It also have a few sneak peaks into my server. (Will keep posting some vids, also with me bugtesting in-game and such things later on).

I intend to do most of the basic scripting and such on youtube for the conquer system on Dormgolia.

Last edited:
Viking (master)

Master: Snorre Styvstake
2lsfbis.jpg

He is a real viking, he only eats meat and never pays for what he takes like a boss :D

He will teach you how to be a real viking, in a mission you will have to go to a house where a family lives, the door is one of those quest doors which you can only open if you are on the mission.
Door_%28Sealed%29.gif

There you will encounter a family (mom dad son daughter etc.) You are going deliver a glorious slaughter to them and with honour take their silver and other valuables. When you go up to the loft, you will meet an NPC. An old man begging for mercy. You will demonstrate your greatness by using your weapon (axe, sword or club) on him to execute him with a decapitation. Finally you will demolish the house and burn it down to ashes.

After countless of magnificant conquests like the one mentioned above, your final test will be to kill Snorre himself. The once all-mighty Snorre Styvstake is not the young and powerful warrior he once was so you might have a chance. If you manage to win the battle he will while slowly dying tell you that you are one of the last true vikings and that you have to go and teach others how to be a real viking. You will be the witness of his ultimate triumph. Maybe the legendary Snorre is dead but the eternal respect and dignity he earned by killing over 9000 people and collecting immeasurable treasures remains forever.

Last edited:
Sounds all awesome but znote could you guess how far ur progress is in %? unfortnutly im
In the us on vacation maybee i will help later

mapptease.jpg

Starting to loose creativity, what to fill those gaps with. xD

I think I will keep some of the gaps, and detail just around the paths, so those areas will be for future map requests. :7 Map will look a bit incomplete tho, but it should help speed up project a bit.

Mapping is prolly what is taking the longest time, since I hate mapping.

Player based quests:
I just got the idea! And ofcourse I will make it! :D

To make Quest OTs properly live up to its name, players can create 100% custom quests. I am not sure about exactly how I intend to do this, but I think it sounds really neat.

Please come with suggestions to how I should shape this. Just to start off the suggestion wave I have something here:

A player will be able to create custom quests based on his own masteries. (or smt like that?)

Playername: !Create Quest "Farmin the goods, item, 10, spider silk, item, 5, deserted egg, monster, 15 noobinator, reward, item, 1, electric sword, item, 15, platinum coin"

Playername: !Quest Invite "player2, Farmin the goods"

Player2: You have been invited to the custom quest [Farmin the goods] by [Playername]. Write !quest join "Playername, Farmin the goods" to accept the invite.
Player2: You have accepted the quest. Your mission is to deliver: blablanla... Your reward is: blablabla..
Playername: Player2 has accepted your quest. You will gain 1 quest reputation if he completes it.

And then ofc I have to try to make this non abusive, so etc a player who have learned to make custom quests can only make 1 quest each day, and try to figure out a way to encourage the player to give challenging, but not too hard quests.

I have an idea for some of the "gap's in maps" make little outposts of people who travel. Humans in cities will naturally hit the road to sell stuff in other areas, people would often times camp outside on roads or be found in need of help (perhaps a wheel gave way and they need supplies). Mini stuff like that.

Also, can add streams, rivers, lakes, swamps, destroyed villages, mini outlaw camps of unfriendly people. stuff like that.

good work, keep it up!

I have an idea for some of the "gap's in maps" make little outposts of people who travel. Humans in cities will naturally hit the road to sell stuff in other areas, people would often times camp outside on roads or be found in need of help (perhaps a wheel gave way and they need supplies). Mini stuff like that.

Also, can add streams, rivers, lakes, swamps, destroyed villages, mini outlaw camps of unfriendly people. stuff like that.

good work, keep it up!

Yep, thanks for the suggestion. I intend to fill at least some gaps with that. :)

Anyway, what about the custom quest concept? Help me polish it? :)

Yep, thanks for the suggestion. I intend to fill at least some gaps with that. :)

Anyway, what about the custom quest concept? Help me polish it? :)

what exactly are you having issues with right now? :p

also, stalker statues activated or something? a 1 min reply was kinda creepy lol.

what exactly are you having issues with right now? :p

also, stalker statues activated or something? a 1 min reply was kinda creepy lol.

Hehe :p

Played based Quests. I love the idea, but the concept is lacking a bit

Player based quests:
I just got the idea! And ofcourse I will make it! :D

To make Quest OTs properly live up to its name, players can create 100% custom quests. I am not sure about exactly how I intend to do this, but I think it sounds really neat.

Please come with suggestions to how I should shape this. Just to start off the suggestion wave I have something here:

A player will be able to create custom quests based on his own masteries. (or smt like that?)

Playername: !Create Quest "Farmin the goods, item, 10, spider silk, item, 5, deserted egg, monster, 15 noobinator, reward, item, 1, electric sword, item, 15, platinum coin"

Playername: !Quest Invite "player2, Farmin the goods"

Player2: You have been invited to the custom quest [Farmin the goods] by [Playername]. Write !quest join "Playername, Farmin the goods" to accept the invite.
Player2: You have accepted the quest. Your mission is to deliver: blablanla... Your reward is: blablabla..
Playername: Player2 has accepted your quest. You will gain 1 quest reputation if he completes it.

And then ofc I have to try to make this non abusive, so etc a player who have learned to make custom quests can only make 1 quest each day, and try to figure out a way to encourage the player to give challenging, but not too hard quests.

How about you make 4-5 level groups with tiers of quests they can start for other players? For example:

Level 1-20: No quests.
Level 21-40: Quest 1, 2, 3. Each quest they can start and can be done by players level 1-20. Players gather items for level 21-40 and once they do that the player level 21-40 gets a reward for turning them in. The player level 1-20 gets another reward to help them level up.
Level 41-60: Quest 1, 2, 3 for their level range. Level 21-40 try to collect items for them (maybe a few of them being items they obtain for completing quest 1, 2, 3 of items level 1-20 give them) etc. etc.

Sorry if it sounds confusing, but basically the lowest level group works for the higher levels and it helps everybody as well as the lower levels.
Also, you also wrote:

At least 3 towns. (Only created 1 so far...)
The towns should have different currencies, town 1 gems (sapphire, rubies), town 2 gold coins, town 3 ???). <--- need suggestions.

My suggestion for town 3 would be creature products. Like a barter system. A basic ranking of worth of items depending on what the townspeople decide. Also some NPCs only accept some creature products in return for goods. For example, creatures that can only be found near town 1, 2 - since they need supplies that are not readily available to them.

Just some thoughts.
Red

Player based quests seem awesome but could people not abuse it by making for example a quest that you need a ham for and you get a mpa as reward.
(Unless you add blocked items)

You could make that as a quest, but then you would need to give away your MPA, since in order to make MPA a quest reward, you would need to deposit an existing MPA else you would not manage to add that as a reward.

How about you make 4-5 level groups with tiers of quests they can start for other players? For example:

Level 1-20: No quests.
Level 21-40: Quest 1, 2, 3. Each quest they can start and can be done by players level 1-20. Players gather items for level 21-40 and once they do that the player level 21-40 gets a reward for turning them in. The player level 1-20 gets another reward to help them level up.
Level 41-60: Quest 1, 2, 3 for their level range. Level 21-40 try to collect items for them (maybe a few of them being items they obtain for completing quest 1, 2, 3 of items level 1-20 give them) etc. etc.

Sorry if it sounds confusing, but basically the lowest level group works for the higher levels and it helps everybody as well as the lower levels.
Also, you also wrote:

My suggestion for town 3 would be creature products. Like a barter system. A basic ranking of worth of items depending on what the townspeople decide. Also some NPCs only accept some creature products in return for goods. For example, creatures that can only be found near town 1, 2 - since they need supplies that are not readily available to them.

Just some thoughts.
Red

Quest system: Yes, I think I will do something similar to that. It won't be quite as flexible tho when you have a certain ammounts of pre-defined quests you can give to other players. Im going to try to use a mix of my system and your suggestion in order to balance the system and yet make it flexible.

Town3 currency: Yes, that's a good idea. :) I am going to look more into it later and I fear this will require a lot of time on my side scripting everything. :p

Bump, hope to see it online soon. Sounds like the perfect OT.

Thanks. :) It will not come online soon though because I feel there is always more stuff to add to the server. :p I am far from done.

Back