• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Help putting server online (I tried a lot) - Really Decriptive

peutricolor

Reaction score
Hello fellows,
I never had an OT, and I've been trying to put my server on.

I have it running, and I can access it, through the local 192.168.0.1 or throught the FIXED(static) ip that I created. "192.168.0.20"
The problem is: other people can't access it and I can't put it on otserver list.

Below I'll describe everything I've done and some info that might help.

I have a d-link router, and I share internet with another computer.
I have already opened my ports 7171 7172 80 8080 to both TCP and UDP protocol using my FIXED ip as the private IP.
I also have edited the config.lua file, with my private IP.
I made an execption on my firewall to all this ports, and I also tried to disable it for a while to make sure it wasn't it.
My database is already linked to my server, I don't think that's the case, but just to make sure.

Here is my Connection Config on the config.lua file:

-- Connection Config
ip = "192.168.0.20"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
statusProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "Forgotten"
loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
adminLogsEnabled = "no"
statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"

Well, I guess that's all.
Someone would take a guess on what could be the problem?
I followed all the instructions really carefuly and I'm really upset it didn't work.
Sorry for asking another question on how to setup a server, but I promisse I've been trying.

Hello fellows,
I never had an OT, and I've been trying to put my server on.

I have it running, and I can access it, through the local 192.168.0.1 or throught the FIXED(static) ip that I created. "192.168.0.20"
The problem is: other people can't access it and I can't put it on otserver list.

Below I'll describe everything I've done and some info that might help.

I have a d-link router, and I share internet with another computer.
I have already opened my ports 7171 7172 80 8080 to both TCP and UDP protocol using my FIXED ip as the private IP.
I also have edited the config.lua file, with my private IP.
I made an execption on my firewall to all this ports, and I also tried to disable it for a while to make sure it wasn't it.
My database is already linked to my server, I don't think that's the case, but just to make sure.

Here is my Connection Config on the config.lua file:

-- Connection Config
ip = "192.168.0.20"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "Forgotten"
loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
adminLogsEnabled = "no"

Well, I guess that's all.
Someone would take a guess on what could be the problem?
I followed all the instructions really carefuly and I'm really upset it didn't work.
Sorry for asking another question on how to setup a server, but I promisse I've been trying.

This is not your global ip "192.168.0.20"
Go to What Is My IP Address | Shows Your IP Address and there you will find the IP that you need to use for people to be able to connect to your server.
192.168.0.20 is your computers IP to the router and nothing else.

192.168.0.20 << he said he created this IP.

Though yo are still right in as sence, he probably based that IP from his gateway IP.

To allow players to connect to use do as told by using the whatismyip.com website.

If you dont want people to see that IP, go to no-ip.com, and make a host.

Now, the last thing is you probably portforwarded on the same IP.

Use ipconfig, and make sure you use the ip with 192.168~

Otherwise it will be wrong. After that you should have no problems. You actually shouldn't need
to do anything regarding you're computers firewall, just set it to prompt you for exceptions.

Ok guys, thanks a lot.
I don't know much about networks, that's why.
When I come home I'll try, and if it works I'll close the thread.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

So just to make sure... I think I might have lost something.

The ip I should tell people is the one told by "what is my ip address".
The ip I should portforwarded is the 192.168.0.20 my fixed ip (or should it by 192.168.0.1 my gateway ip)?
The ip I should set in the config.lua connection is the one told by "what is my ip address".

Can someone confirm that?
I'm still having some dificulties in understanding.

Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if this information is usefull... but when I try to connect to my own server using my ip (the one told by "what my ip") the connection does NOT time out or anything. The loigin dialog box of Tibia simply closes.

Last edited:
I tried to do that.
But the deal is that it won't let me.
In the routers page it pre-defines the begining of the private ip (for porfowarding) as 192.168.0 which is the begining of my private ip 192.168.0.20 and my gateway ip 192.168.0.1.

Besides, I remember reading the instructions in portfoward.com and I'm positve that they asked me to use my private ip that I had just setted.

forward your ports 7171/7172 and port 80 to your servers local ip, which u set to 192.168.0.20, then in your config.lua, put your global IP-address. myip.se It says: Your IP address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Take that address and use it in your config. After that, start the server and check on Open Port Check Tool and type in port 7171. If it says success and it's open, people should be able to join. OBS: It will say it's not open if your server is offline.

Did you do it like the video?
http://otland.net/threads/help-with-forwarding.201045/#post-1933952
What does the portcheck tool show now?
What happens when other people try to login?

The ip you use to open your ports (Server IP Address) should be your IPv4 address, the ip in config.lua should be your global ip (www.whatismyip.com).
Then you have to login with your IPv4 address or 127.0.0.1 and other people with your global ip.

I made a static adress first and than did like you did but on a diffrent interface (D-Link 2760U)
What I didnt do before and did now is the reboot part.

--------------------

Still not working, Ill tell you what I did -

Made a static adress and that the ip adress I putted in the server ip adress in port forward
in config.lua I put the ip I get from whatsmyip (btw, everytime it changes I need to change it in the config?)
no I go here http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
and put in the ip fro whatmyip and it says its closed

--- Updated ---

ADcH6.png

What is external adress?

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when people try to login?
Are you sure you used your IPv4 address as Server IP Address when you opened port 7171 and 7172?
What does the portcheck tool show now?
Is it you or other people who can't login or both?
Which ip did you and other people use to login?

They cant login or see the website :(
I dont get the second question, Can you ask again?
Says closed.
I can do everything, login and see website. others cant.
mintea.no-ip.biz for site and game.

----------------------
In no-ip adress I need to put the external adress or the vp4?

--- Updated ---

Wait.
This means Im on double router? 10.0.0 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ip in config.lua and the ip other people use to login/connect should be the ip from www.whatismyip.com.
Your IPv4 address is only to open your ports and you can use it when you login/connect to your server/website.

About my second question, when you go to cmd and type ipconfig, you will find your IPv4 address.
Example from an other IPv4 address
W3J5fb.png

The ip you find there, that is the ip you have to use as Server IP Address when you open your ports.
So be sure 10.0.0.150 is your IPv4 address.

Also did you already try to add the ports in firewall or turn it off?
It can also be blocked by an anti virus, so if you have one, you can also try to turn that off.

With my first question I ment what happens exactly when they try to login, like the error from the client they get.

Ok, First my ipv4 is 10.0.0.1
I have a router and the connection is wireless
Disabled the firewall even though I open the ports for it in firewall inbound rules
I downloaded a program that changes your dynamic adress to static and the other way, do I need it??
Aint got an anti virus program.

Uhmm

Listen the server runs on my comp and the site as well' I have acsses to both with no problems

-- Connection Config
ip = "localhost" <-- What should be here? If its my external IP than I need to change everytime it changes?
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to MinTea"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "MinTea"
loginMessage = "Welcome to MinTea"
adminLogsEnabled = "no"

Ok, so if you have not go this to work yet here is a little guide of my own that i used and it work's fine.

First you are gonna need to make a static ip which i think you did already. "192.168.0.20"
Static.png

Then what you would need to do is port forward. "tibia: 7171/7172" "apache/website: 3306/443/80"
Portforward.png

Then you will need to make a no-ip "Example: Myfirstserver.no-ip.org"
Goto this website and make a no-ip No-Ip.ORG, Then you are gonna wana download the no-ip Duc on the website. Then open it up and make enable the no-ip
no-ipduc.png
Ducenable.png
Then you are gonna wana put your no-ip.org into your config like so.

-- Connection Config
ip = "Evoforfun.no-ip.org"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"