• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Help with "Cannot connect to a login server" error.

venant

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First of all Im really rusty on this OTServer matter, I used to host my own server about 12 years ago when 7.6 was the shit and I left Tibia when 8.4 was the most played version but well at the time I knew someday nostalgia would reach me so I backed up my server in Dropbox and now im trying to bring it back to life, Im planing on paying a hosting service for a year maybe I dont want to make a profit or anything just to remember the old days.

So that being said, I already setup the SQL database and the AAC which is my custom version of Nicaw, I had a hard time due to compatibility issues with newest PHP version so I decided to use a XAMPP version 1.7.3 to fix this and it worked.

I tweaked what was necessary in the .cfg file and started the server, everything seamed normal except for this WARNING message on console recommending me to update my SQL version since the one im using may be outdated which is weird since the one im using is newer that the one I had at the time if i recall correctly but even thought console didnt showed any error message and server should be online at this point.

I opened my custom tibia 8.4 client and tried to connect using localhost, 127.0.0.1 and my PC local ip address and I kept getting this message "Cannot connect to a login server", I tried restating server with admin rights and ip changer aswell and still same message. Console didnt showed anything, no connection attempt or anything and im unable to write anything on console so idk if it is working as intended.

Things I already tried:
-Used 3 different versions of XAMPP to host SQL database
-Tried SQL db with and without password
-Used admin right on everything
-Tried localhost, 127.0.0.1 and local PC ip address to connect.
-Used localhost, 127.0.0.1 and local PC ip address in the .cfg file and tried to conect with the 3 options each time.
-When i closed the server and tried to conect using my client I got different message "Unable to reach server" or something like that.

I think maybe Im using a different client version of what I should be using but makes no sence why would I backup this client if its not the one i need :/ and I have no idea how to check which version is my server, I really think it should be 8.4 since I never played 8.6 if I recall correctly.
Maybe my windows version? who knows...

My PC specs:
Windows 10 Pro Fall Update
Intel i5 8600K
16 GB RAM 3000 Mhz
GTX 1070
Samsung 960 EVO NVME 250GB (Main Drive, here i have the server)
WD 1TB HDD

Solution
If not work you should try this method in Hex Editor (change Tibia.exe cipsoft ip to 127.0.0.1) from @Gesior.pl tutorial:
Custom Client [8.6 - 10.XX]
or for older client versions:
Client Editing [Ip,Port,Rsa]

btw. Why the hell people doing servers with clients like 8.40 when you can use almost bugfree and stable new version of TFS and do downgrade TFS Sources into anything for example. from 10.41 to 7.6 by spending few hours and using brain, reading the code. In these times - Your imagination is your only limit.
You tried to open up ports required to login?
Code:
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171

You should check that you have opened these ports in your Router.
Also, have you disabled your firewall?

I disabled my firewall but didnt fixed it and about the port forwarding with my router is not posible since it is a technicolor that cant be reconfigured, if i move anything in the modem it wont connect to internet.
Even thought i doubt it to be the issue since im hosting it locally and ports shouldnt affect

I disabled my firewall but didnt fixed it and about the port forwarding with my router is not posible since it is a technicolor that cant be reconfigured, if i move anything in the modem it wont connect to internet.
Even thought i doubt it to be the issue since im hosting it locally and ports shouldnt affect

Maybe you using wrong IP Changer i googled it and i found that:
Can't connect to server via 127.0.0.1

and other solved issues. Did you google and try some solved issues before open thread on forum?
if not, you could try: LMGTFY , if you don't want to search on otland just type "TFS" or "TheForgottenServer" instead of otland.

Ofc I did googled my issue before and I did tried different Ip changers, I used the one from otservlist and asprate ip changer, same result...
Tomorrow after work I will try OTland ip changer and see if anything changes :/

If not work you should try this method in Hex Editor (change Tibia.exe cipsoft ip to 127.0.0.1) from @Gesior.pl tutorial:
Custom Client [8.6 - 10.XX]
or for older client versions:
Client Editing [Ip,Port,Rsa]

btw. Why the hell people doing servers with clients like 8.40 when you can use almost bugfree and stable new version of TFS and do downgrade TFS Sources into anything for example. from 10.41 to 7.6 by spending few hours and using brain, reading the code. In these times - Your imagination is your only limit.

Solution
Thank you @Fresh for your help, I tried with a different client version , 8.6 worked for me! I feel kind of stupid now :/

Also thank you for letting me know that is posible to downgrade a newer and more stable version, I will definitively will take a look at that and see of is posible to migrate my current data even though im not using a TFS distribution, im using Open Tibia Project.

Back