• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HesteN's mapping thread [The Scarlet Horn teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm doing that, right now Im fixing up all the nature on the finished places, but as you see for example in the northeast corner of the main continent its snow and that part is ofcourse completely unfinished so that place is completely off limits for everyone, I've blocked that way with some fence and I wont fix that for now Im going to complete the rest of the main continent and I'll start up the server when there's enough for people to start on, then I'm going to finish that meanwhile and have then open it up in an update :p

But im working as hard as I can on finishing this up now and I'll post an update on the minimap next week~ :p

Started on a swamp troll cave, gotta have some more low level caves near Gothica. So what do you think about this look? Im not sure how I want the cave to look, so I thought I'll try something out and see how it looks, I was thinking a decent big cave with alot of small "rooms" like this, what do you think? x)

2jg1h0x.png

I like! Swamp trolls should be in caves with small rooms, yes, but make sure that there are enough swamp trolls that the low level player can level efficiently.

Yeah I was thinking about that, I dont want to overspam the rooms but it have to be alot of them so people actually can hunt there, so I'll make like 7-8 of thoose rooms, and ofcourse alot of trolls on the main floor to, I'll make sure It'll be fine x)

Nice, it really is :) nice and clean/not too overspammed with details, just the right amount :) perfect

Looks good, do think that making it a dirt mountain would make it look better. Also, a campfire on top of straw?

na i think the rock mountain would look better! and LOL just realised he had done that >.<

Looks good, do think that making it a dirt mountain would make it look better. Also, a campfire on top of straw?

If I used that I couldent have the upper floor as it is. And yeah campfire on straw, I think it fits - just pretend its just around it and not underneat the fire ;P

You mean Im supposed to have cave wall on top of cave wall? When Im doing it in the open (so you can see the other floor down there) , have you tried how that looks like? xd

Think you misunderstood, meant something like this:

goblinsm.png

Oh allright. Well, next cave perhaps, gonna stick with this now, becouse Im just finished with the cave :p (took some pics with lighteffects and some without just for some variation) here it is:

24chyci.png

4fwbhl.png

2agjjfr.png

21n1d9f.png

2mpk4uc.png

2199jfd.png

30afm0k.png

33orxcg.png

rjqmxl.png

-----

Allright, thats probably it this weekend. My girlfriend is coming over and stays for the weekend, so I've gotta go now - I'll probably respond some in the thread under the weekend but there wont be time to map meanwhile she's here xD

Ciao ~ :]

I like! Not a very good reason to stop mapping! You have to tell her it's like work, and that you need to spend some time on it to make progress. Just remember, women > video games.

haha thanks guys xD

But nah she's gonna go first ;P I'll get right back to working as soon as she goes home :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back