• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Highexp Server Monster

Xtr3m3

Reaction score
I want to create a highexp server, but I have a question...
How I calculate monster spells and damages, someone can help me?
Thanks

By guessing, then testing, then refining, testing, refining... repeat until it feels right. Then you can look for patterns. Sure, you could do some math and hope for the best, but with so many gameplay defining factors that you couldn't possibly think of, I think you're better off hand-crafting and playing various scenarios by yourself. Build your world and know how you want your players to progress through the levels: Diablo style or Dark Souls style. Do some thinking man.

By guessing, then testing, then refining, testing, refining... repeat until it feels right. Then you can look for patterns. Sure, you could do some math and hope for the best, but with so many gameplay defining factors that you couldn't possibly think of, I think you're better off hand-crafting and playing various scenarios by yourself. Build your world and know how you want your players to progress through the levels: Diablo style or Dark Souls style. Do some thinking man.

Thank you Sir, I'll try. ;)
I thought there was a standard way of doing. hehe

You can copy what other servers do, sure, but I'm pretty sure you want your server to have some substance. Experiment a little, try several different values until you find the right ones. Nothing wrong with messing around with mechanics and innovating a little.

Back