• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

"Hive Spore" type of monster

Otfan125

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys! I was thinking about creating a monster that is unattackable and summons a specific monster, sort of like the Hive Spore from RL Tibia! However, I want these monsters to give exp and loot. Does anyone know what type of code I'll have to look at/change? I can't just edit the monster.xml because there is no function there for "spawning" monsters, instead it "summons". So what do you guys say, is this possible? A monster able to "spawn" monsters? It doesn't even have to be a monster spawning monsters, maybe a unique ID on an specific Item that will do just the same?

Thanks guys!

Yeah its possible, you have to make a new spell script in the spells/monsters folder and have it doSummonCreature, register it in spells.xml, then add the new spell into the monsters xml.

Yeah its possible, you have to make a new spell script in the spells/monsters folder and have it doSummonCreature, register it in spells.xml, then add the new spell into the monsters xml.

isn't doSummonCreature just create a summon? Not an actual "spawned" monster that gives exp and loot?

Back