• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

House Doors, Quests and Map Editor NPC's

Wesey the Old

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, but if I'm not, could someone remove it to the right rection please?

First of all I want to say that I've been searching for tutorials but I couldn't exactly find what I need.

Anyway, I've got some questions. The questions are about house doors, quests and map editor NPC's.

House Doors: I've seen some tutorials from making houses but most of them tell different things. My problem is now that my houses are correctly, but the door doesnt work. It just says: You seen a closed door. The problem could be something with the city. I've copied the city from an other map, so the houses arent under the name of a city. I've also seen some tutorials saying that the exit of the house is very important. Now I've wrote some of them but they are saying different things. Some of them say I have to set the exit on the door, and some of them say I've to set the exit outside the door.

Quests: This isn't really an important question, because I could just copy some scripts from the site and place them in my server, but I'd like to know if it could get easyer. I just opened the chest and added an item. Now I've tried to open this chest with a character, and it looks like you can only get the item once untill a restart happends. So only one person can take the item, and could get it later again if he/she is the first to open it.

Map Editor NPC's: Just like the others, I've searched the forum but I couldn't find what I need. It might be somewhere, but I can't find it. The problems is that I have to set NPC's in my map. And the NPC's arent in the map so far. So my question is if there is any file for Zonet MapEditor that got the monsters and NPC's in it. If this file doesn't exist I could simply place all of the NPC's in the map, but it would be usefull if there is any file like that. And if it doesn't exist I could maybe place it here for players wich could use it. (If I made it for myself ofcourse)

I hope that some people can react on this and help me with it.

~Bump~

~Bump~

btw, I've got this error with the house doors:

[08/01/2009 18:02:11] data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:10: attempt to call global 'getPlayerCustomFlagValue' (a nil value)
[08/01/2009 18:02:11] stack traceback:
[08/01/2009 18:02:11] data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:10: in function <data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:9>

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, I've got this error with the house doors:

[08/01/2009 18:02:11] data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:10: attempt to call global 'getPlayerCustomFlagValue' (a nil value)
[08/01/2009 18:02:11] stack traceback:
[08/01/2009 18:02:11] data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:10: in function <data/actions/scripts/quests/system.lua:9>

that is not an house error that is a quest error

Back