• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How big is too big? And how to solve the 'Archipelago' problem ALL maps have?

A

Thought the exact same way when this map was first forged :) From Tristrum to Crossroads Inn there's 1 lvl change and I think they are 3 and 4. For the desert however, I wanted plain plains.. :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartography

Saying my map is a joke "as far as cartography is concerned" is a joke. <-- Fact :) I'm not an educated cartographer but been making maps for 15 years + and studied geography on university level. You're allowed to have your opinion though :)
Again, as far as cartography is concerned, or rather the critical theory of cartography, (which was the implied meaning within my sentence (thank you for being naive/ignoring my lack of pleonasm)) both yours and real tibia's maps are a joke.
I am not here to discuss your logic of assuming academic cartography over critical cartography.
I am not aiming to invalidate yours, are real tibia's maps.
I am simply stating that the identifying attributes of both maps are taken for granted and/or not a plausible landmass / collection of islands.
The inconsistencies contained within both maps scream fantasy and are therefore illogical.

Posting this:

What real map/piece of land/world have ever looked like this?? :p

vOLKp7i.jpg
Then showing us this:
SPCj51B.jpg

A small piece missing in the bottom. For reference size-wise you can find a re-modified Orc-fotress just north of the desert. The walls is barely visible. Rather big map so far and probably 90% self-made :)
Is what prompted my original reply.

Whether or not you believe your map to be realistic, is entirely up to you.

There is no reason to argue as my statements are only opinions based on theoretical critique.

Now sit before I get unpleasant.

Xikini

Your sig says it all mate ;) Yet, Xikini the Wise remains a character in the world of Argardh :)

Saying my map is a joke "as far as cartography is concerned" is a joke. <-- Fact :) I'm not an educated cartographer but been making maps for 15 years + and studied geography on university level. You're allowed to have your opinion though :)
Dude... Just, just stop already...

First of all, You don’t sound like adult person. You sound like 10-15 years old kid. And I’m not talking about grammar(since I’m also suck at this), I’m talking about not being able to take any critique, this strange urge to argue on everything with everyone else and your twisted logic on some topics...

Secondly, Say what…? 15 years of experience in making map? Why in the hell are You here? To lie…? Why? This map: https://i.imgur.com/SPCj51B.jpg is the best thing You can do after “15 years”…? You must ask someone else for maps like this: https://i.imgur.com/zjl5F5P.jpg ...? I think You’ve mistaken your overall age with few months of tibia experience…

You clearly are some small kid who wants OTS, so why do You pretend to be someone else instead of asking for help and don’t argue with people who are much more experienced than You…?

Dude... Just, just stop already...

First of all, You don’t sound like adult person. You sound like 10-15 years old kid. And I’m not talking about grammar(since I’m also suck at this), I’m talking about not being able to take any critique, this strange urge to argue on everything with everyone else and your twisted logic on some topics...

Secondly, Say what…? 15 years of experience in making map? Why in the hell are You here? To lie…? Why? This map: https://i.imgur.com/SPCj51B.jpg is the best thing You can do after “15 years”…? You must ask someone else for maps like this: https://i.imgur.com/zjl5F5P.jpg ...? I think You’ve mistaken your overall age with few months of tibia experience…

You clearly are some small kid who wants OTS, so why do You pretend to be someone else instead of asking for help and don’t argue with people who are much more experienced than You…?

Hey, you're my first personal stalker. I feel like celebrating, you?

I like how You didn't address any of my points and just said this stupid thing about stalking. It makes my points even more valid.
I feel like shit. I drunk too much red wine yesterday...

So...? Will You tell Us something more about your 15 years of EXP in map making? Could You show Us something that is yours? Maybe some sketches or other hand-drawings? With proper internet timestamp like small chit with date like 03/12/2016 12:XX ???

#edit
Btw. You clearly don't know the definition of salking... There is "recent activity" window on the right of the front page so I easily notice when You post another dumb post. Also simple and proper profile checking of some user is kinda standard if I'm "accusing" that person of going around and spam.

Last edited:
I like how You didn't address any of my points and just said this stupid thing about stalking. It makes my points even more valid.
I feel like shit. I drunk too much red wine yesterday...

That hangerover smells all over your angry posts bro ;) I could answer your points but not under current circumstances, seeing you being all hostile and all :)

Again:
So...? Will You tell Us something more about your 15 years of EXP in map making? Could You show Us something that is yours? Maybe some sketches or other hand-drawings? With proper internet timestamp like small chit with date like 03/12/2016 12:XX ???

Don't bullshit me with my "hostility"...

Wow, from OTLand to a courtroom in 1 post, good job :)

or...

Or am I mistaken, is it a job-interview? Who's hiring, me or you? We are roleplaying right?

Alright, alright.. i'll answer your question:

You must ask someone else for maps like this: https://i.imgur.com/zjl5F5P.jpg ...?

No. I did that myself. If you want to see more check argardh.com , there's a few more areas mapped out now :)

EDIT: At the forums, not under Map-section.

Stop making fool of yourself…
You’ve posted statement: "I'm not an educated cartographer but been making maps for 15 years + and studied geography on university level.", and I’m believing You so now it’s your job to prove it. You want me and other people here treat you seriously? Prove it. Either way you’ll be tagged as a liar…
If I would say that I’m the owner of awesome lego figure from Star Wars and You would ask me to prove it, I would post something like this: https://i.imgur.com/SApmSMm.jpg. And If I would say that I’m studying biochemistry and You would not believe me, I would post something like this: https://i.imgur.com/YbbKy1M.jpg, or this: https://i.imgur.com/2Sti6Gd.jpg.
This Entire hypothetical topic would go away since I prove that I’m right.
Why cannot You do exactly the same with that bullshit “making maps for 15 years”…? Maybe because You’re full of shit?

Already told you where to find more maps(Argardh.com Forum) :) I have no maps from earlier projects because most of them were not successful, nor were they intended to be so. Most were strategy games in WC3 Engine, some DotA-style maps and some RPG. I've been mapping on 2-3 fantasy gameworlds, fortunately, I found out how I wanted it and created Argardh.. Any further questions? Are you going to spoil your entire day on this? :)

I don't want OTS maps. And I don't want your words, since I don't believe in any of your word. I want proofs of your 15-years old experience in form of pictures, photos, videos etc.

Are you going to spoil your entire day on this? - Why not? It will be my pleasure to make fool of you.

To make fool of me? Haha.. I think you overestimate your bullshit-spamming-efficiancy.

Again, as far as cartography is concerned, or rather the critical theory of cartography, (which was the implied meaning within my sentence (thank you for being naive/ignoring my lack of pleonasm)) both yours and real tibia's maps are a joke.
I am not here to discuss your logic of assuming academic cartography over critical cartography.
I am not aiming to invalidate yours, are real tibia's maps.
I am simply stating that the identifying attributes of both maps are taken for granted and/or not a plausible landmass / collection of islands.
The inconsistencies contained within both maps scream fantasy and are therefore illogical.

Posting this:

Then showing us this:

Is what prompted my original reply.

Whether or not you believe your map to be realistic, is entirely up to you.

There is no reason to argue as my statements are only opinions based on theoretical critique.

Now sit before I get unpleasant.

Xikini

Gotta ask. 'sup with the font change?

To make fool of me? Haha.. I think you overestimate your bullshit-spamming-efficiancy.
And yet again instead of sticking to the topic you wander of...

Again:
So...? Will You tell Us something more about your 15 years of EXP in map making? Could You show Us something that is yours and is 15 years old?

Stop making fool of yourself…
You’ve posted statement: "I'm not an educated cartographer but been making maps for 15 years + and studied geography on university level.", and I’m believing You so now it’s your job to prove it. You want me and other people here treat you seriously? Prove it. Either way you’ll be tagged as a liar…
If I would say that I’m the owner of awesome lego figure from Star Wars and You would ask me to prove it, I would post something like this: https://i.imgur.com/SApmSMm.jpg. And If I would say that I’m studying biochemistry and You would not believe me, I would post something like this: https://i.imgur.com/YbbKy1M.jpg, or this: https://i.imgur.com/2Sti6Gd.jpg.
This Entire hypothetical topic would go away since I prove that I’m right.
Why cannot You do exactly the same with that bullshit “making maps for 15 years”…? Maybe because You’re full of shit?

I like how you took your time to actually take those pictures

I don't see the point of this thread. Tibia is a fantasy game, so what's the deal with trying to be so realistic?
Might as well quit with all tibia related stuff and become like this:
since it's more realistic

And yet again instead of sticking to the topic you wander of...

Again:
So...? Will You tell Us something more about your 15 years of EXP in map making? Could You show Us something that is yours and is 15 years old?
Why such hostility? What are you 5?
Who gives a shit lol.

I like how you took your time to actually take those pictures

Some put their spare-time into making maps(or whatever), others into mastering the art of argument/trolling :p

Tibia is a fantasy game, so what's the deal with trying to be so realistic?

True, doesn't have to stick to any "real" laws of physics etc. Not even about the land/map. But when you make a map like Tibia mainland, where rivers go from ocean to ocean just to get every square into maximum use per/sq by, meh.. I just prefer the old Tibia mainland, when they hadn't ran out of space yet :p

Why such hostility? What are you 5?
Who gives a shit lol.
Because today I don't have patient for idiotic kids who pretend to be adults and spam with thier barely coherent posts, lie about their own persona, etc… Mix that with my pickiness in terms of proving statements and You’ll get entire page on this forum devoted to me asking for proving his experience/age/etc.

Some put their spare-time into making maps(or whatever), others into mastering the art of argument/trolling :p
Nice try kid. Still waiting for that 15 years of experience though.

Because today I don't have patient for idiotic kids who pretend to be adults and spam with thier barely coherent posts, lie about their own persona, etc… Mix that with my pickiness in terms of proving statements and You’ll get entire page on this forum devoted to me asking for proving his experience/age/etc.
This is the internet, people lie all the time, its impossible to tell truth from lie, I think you are taking this persons statements too personally, if you are sick "idiotic kids" then ignore the thread or just ignore them.

That is what an adult does.. kids fight about shit, adults find better things to do with their time.

Back