• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows How do I prevent my IP from changing every day ?

Fakaa

Reaction score
Please my ip is changing every day, so my homepage,client and ip adress from server is every day a other IP :p

I need some help here guys, please help me ^^

and yes i got router but if I try to quit the DHCP mode my ip will only be valid for 1 day and then he dont connect with the new one given once a day.

and it's the ip adress that you can see on
PHP:
www.watismijnip.nl

Thanks for advance,
Cheers

I already looked around everywhere and i think it's got something to do with a static ip ( a ip that last forever ) or something xD

You cant prevent that, its on every provider. The IP changes when you put off your router or after ~24h. There are some buissness offer's where you can get a static ip, but its expensive :D

The only thing you can do is getting an no-ip.org address from http://www.no-ip.com

Some routers got option like Belkin-G, like to keep the IP or release it, I'm not sure what that exactly does...

Any-who It's up to your ISP, if you either get dynamic IP or static IP.

You can always ask your ISP for a chance, most likely for a small fee.

Or just make no-ip..

Hello guys im sorry for my late responses, thanks for all your messages, i really like the one from norix, you mean i can take a server from no-ip.org to buy for running up my OT, cause i already have a no-ip.org ip adress connected for my homepage

Cheers to all !
@ bylundjonas: i use this router (Sweex NTW ROU SWEEX 10/100 4p Switch + Router)

How can you host a server Norix when your ip is changing every 24h ?:p that is my only question actually. i got a adress from no-ip.com to link up for my homepage but i need to change that one every 24h so is my config file from my ot

id like to have an dynamic ip since if you get ip banned once your ip banned for ever.. if you got an dynamic your always free to check =) hah.. static IP sucks trust me

You can write your no-ip in your server's config.lua file. But you have to restart your server then every 24h when the IP changes because when the IP changes noone can connect to your server. I would check when your IP changes and let the server restart then...
And you can download a programm of no-ip.com that changes the IP automatically so you dont need to do it on the website, but you still have to restart server then...

omg your making my day here xD

i will let u know when it works :p

so i enter my website in the config file ? the website is linked to my ip that changes every day xD

Yeah go to your config file and write your no-ip instead of your dynamic ip . E.g. when you have plumsklo.no-ip.org as website you write this in your server's config file. Then download the tool and restart server every 24h and it should work all fine ;)

Back