• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

how do i remove vocation restrictions on weapons and eq?

Linryt

Conclusionot.sytes.net
Reaction score
how do i remove vocation restrictions on weapons and eq? I'm using roxor v0.4 Legendary 8.54 and i havent had this trouble with former starters somebody help me please ^_^

go to weapons.xml and add all vocations for all items.

ex:
Code:
<melee id="134" level="8" unproperly="1" event="function" value="default">
		<vocation id="2"/>
                <vocation id="3"/>
                <vocation id="4"/>
                <vocation id="5"/>
                <vocation id="6"/>
                <vocation id="7"/>
		<vocation id="8"/>
</melee>

go to weapons.xml and add all vocations for all items.

ex:
Code:
<melee id="134" level="8" unproperly="1" event="function" value="default">
        <vocation id="2"/>
                <vocation id="3"/>
                <vocation id="4"/>
                <vocation id="5"/>
                <vocation id="6"/>
                <vocation id="7"/>
        <vocation id="8"/>
</melee>

Wouldn't it be easier to REMOVE all? :/ I'm trying this atm, brb.. :)

Yeap, REMOVE it all, as I thought. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please necro harder. 6 year necro..

Not sure what this necro means but I could have an idea. Either way, If I found this thread useful, maybe more will?

And it was pretty big mistake by all these pros above me to not correct the wrongs of the guy who told TS to ADD instead of Remove, no?

Just want to contribute the little I can :)

You guys gonna jump me now because I use search-function instead of posting new threads? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You're thread digging and double posting. You're not supposed to wake up old threads if there is no point to it. Obviously the TS is in no need of you bringing back this thread

Is thread digging aka USING THE SEARCH-FUNCTION not prefered to making new threads? I'd really like to here an admin/mod answer this so I know. Most Forums hate people making threads that already exists..

And as said, the "Solving" of this Issue was incomplete. Anyways, reporting myself now so a mod can come and answer this :p

Is thread digging aka USING THE SEARCH-FUNCTION not prefered to making new threads? I'd really like to here an admin/mod answer this so I know. Most Forums hate people making threads that already exists..

And as said, the "Solving" of this Issue was incomplete. Anyways, reporting myself now so a mod can come and answer this :p
Well you're not supposed to "respond" on old threads since it will make a old thread active again for no reason.
1. ofc you can use the search function, but that is only if you are seeking to find solutions and not ask questions. If you need that you can create a new thread in the support like.

Hello OTLand. Today I tried to remove vocations and equipments.
I tried to use this tutorial/thread https://otland.net/threads/how-do-i-remove-vocation-restrictions-on-weapons-and-eq.67954 but I didn't really understand this

I use TFS blablabla

2. And ofc not, no one hates if you make a new thread that already exists.

Sincerly your OTland police
Tarek

Ya, good points, but, what if someone else finds this thread while it's "incomplete"? Not better to improve existing once than creating more? Saves some space for the forum and a lot of time for people looking for answers to these questions.. See how my first post was not "How do I do this?" But "Do like this instead and it's easier" -> Improving, not Bumping... ?

About point 2: You sure? I'd be amazed if it were like that. All forums i've ever used always bash people for not using search-function and instead create new threads that already exists. Seeing the rather hostile attitude alot of OTLanders have(but not all, fortunately :) ) my bet would be I'd be crucified for asking something that's already been answered in another thread..

I see no issue updating an old thread especially if it explains an exact issue a person is having, i'd rather see someone update an old thread than a new one with "I need halp" and next to no explanation at all.

Back