• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do you download music?

I have Limewire and occasionally download music, but I do not do it much.

I used to download music from DC++ but I am now using Limewire though I believe that DC++ is better. To download movies I do use utorrent, I downloaded simpsons the movie in 7 minutes and my internet speed is 8mbit.

I used to download music from DC++ but I am now using Limewire though I believe that DC++ is better. To download movies I do use utorrent, I downloaded simpsons the movie in 7 minutes and my internet speed is 8mbit.

That is impossible with only 8 mb/s, this means that you MAX your speed? Which will be almost 1 MB/s. I assume that the movie is either 650-700 MB or higher, which will take you at least 10,3 minutes to download. Otherwise you downloaded the move in real bad quality?

Last edited:
How is it impossible? I did it. Well it maybe didn't took me exactly 7 minutes but max 8 minutes.
The movie was recorded from the cinema and it didn't bother me since it was a kinda nice quality. I came up in 1,5mb/s speed sometimes I think.

I still have the movie at home but I don't have the torrent link, my friend sent it to me.

How is it impossible? I did it. Well it maybe didn't took me exactly 7 minutes but max 8 minutes.
The movie was recorded from the cinema and it didn't bother me since it was a kinda nice quality. I came up in 1,5mb/s speed sometimes I think.

I still have the movie at home but I don't have the torrent link, my friend sent it to me.

You said you had 8 mbit. Which will give you an average speed of 950-1000 kB/s.

That's true but I don't know how I came up in this speed. Some people says that you download faster with utorrent etc... I am not into these things so I don't know...

Almost (could be clients using very bad methods to download, with this I mean some are slower, not that some are faster) all torrent clients download in same speed, there is not ONE which is faster than all other clients, because the best ones use the same method, and it's impossible that you could have higher download speed than your max, something that is possible is that your client display wrong information to make you think it's better than other.

Could be that but it took me 7-8 minutes and that's quiet fast for 8mbit internet connection speed.

That's true but I don't know how I came up in this speed. Some people says that you download faster with utorrent etc... I am not into these things so I don't know...

There is no client which can make you download faster than your internet connection. And I'm sure you understand that! Based on your information you are wrong! You can't download at 1.5 MB/s with 8 mbit connection.
I say you can't download the file in 8 minutes. Which is correct! That means either you got a faster connection or you are lying.

I asked my friend who was next to me when I downloaded it to ensure I am not misstaking... He said that I downloaded in this speed 1500kbit/s or even more. Anyways... We could both have seen wrong or something but that's what we saw... I don't really care but I downloaded the movie in 8 minutes and that's fast for my speed. What ever... You probably know better than me but if I downloaded this movie in 8 minutes... In what speed did I downloaded it then?

Last edited:
I asked my friend who was next to me when I downloaded it to ensure I am not misstaking... He said that I downloaded in this speed 1500kbit/s or even more. Anyways... We could both have seen wrong or something but that's what we saw... I don't really care but I downloaded the movie in 8 minutes and that's fast for my speed. What ever... You probably know better than me but if I downloaded this movie in 8 minutes... In what speed did I downloaded it then?

As I said many times. You could on your fastest download it in 10,3 minutes. At an average speed of 950 kB/s to 1000 kB/s. I'm sure you both are mistaking or you have told some misleading information. Some ISPs gives a little extra speed, but 500 kB/s they don't. And if your connection where used for other stuff like tibia, web, downloads it would even go slower.

Whatever... The download speed was fast so maybe I downloaded it in 10 minutes but I have a very strong fealing that I did it on 8 but it's just 2 minutes difference... It's still a fast download, that was my point. And it is possible that the client I used showed wrong speed because my friend said it did 1500kbit/s - 2000kbit/s sometimes... I remember how he yelled about how fast it went etc... But that is certainly far too fast for my connection speed. Anyways, let's just leave it :p

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back