• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do you download music?

I use Utorrent for downloading movies and Limewire for downloading songs. Since I do not download albums I use limewire to download my music. Why? Because I find it more flexible. It has everything I need and almost every song I've searched for.

NOTICE CRITICS: I did NOT said that Limewire is better to use when it comes to downloading songs. I think that it's easier to just open limewire and search for the song.

Last edited:
I use Utorrent for downloading movies and Limewire for downloading songs. Since I do not download albums I use limewire to download my music. Why? Because I find it more flexible. It has everything I need and almost every song I've searched for.

NOTICE CRITICS: I did NOT said that Limewire is better to use when it comes to downloading songs. I think that it's easier to just open limewire and search for the song.

By the time limewire use to start up you'll find it elsewhere.

By the time limewire use to start up you'll find it elsewhere.

WRONG.

Takes 2-2,5 seconds for me to open limewire. If I would use a torrent site I would have to open a web browser, write the adress in the adressfield, search for the song I would like to download, deselect every song except for that song I would like to have in the album, download that file which means my client will open (in this case utorrent) takes 2 sec to get it opened and when that file is downloaded I need to extract that file which can take 1 sec. So alltogether it IS faster to download from limewire depending on how many seeders/uploaders you got on your file.

I agree with Snel, its faster by searching directly with the torrents program such as Limewire instead of downloading torrents from a site

WRONG.

Takes 2-2,5 seconds for me to open limewire. If I would use a torrent site I would have to open a web browser, write the adress in the adressfield, search for the song I would like to download, deselect every song except for that song I would like to have in the album, download that file which means my client will open (in this case utorrent) takes 2 sec to get it opened and when that file is downloaded I need to extract that file which can take 1 sec. So alltogether it IS faster to download from limewire depending on how many seeders/uploaders you got on your file.

lol moron.

2 seconds to open limewire. It might have improven since last time i used it once, over a year ago. But 2 seconds. I doubt. I use DC++ for single/albums. Which is much faster than anything of the options.

With lime wire you need to click on the icon. Wait at least 30 seconds(don't deny it), click on a buggy icon for search, write your search into the search field, wait for limewire to search thru the gnutella network(takes at least 10-30 seconds depending on song), find the right song in the list of results which is not spam(takes at least 15 seconds), kick on it, wait for it to download. In all it takes at least two minutes.

With torrent you just need to open a web browser, I got mine open always, so it just one click for the tab, 2 secs, 2 secs to load the web page, 1 -10 sec to search for the torrent, 2 secs to open it with utorrent which go auto by your browser. And the download will start.

If you base on speed by the song will be done downloading. Torrents are probably much faster and have more sources.

You can argue as much as you want. Limewire will always sucks no matter how you put it. I've used it once. Never again.

EDIT: Oww yea limewire have torrent support inbuilt now. How lame.

Last edited:
Wanna bet? I could record with a cam if you like, but I won't do that job for free, takes 2-2,5 seconds to me to open limewire. I use Limewire PRO 4.12.3
I am not saying Limewire is faster than torrents nor that it got more sources, BUT it is a faster process for me to download one song there instead of using torrents to download a song.

You may have had bad experiences when using Limewire and that's probably why you're so anti it. I guess it's up to people what they find easier to do... Some people maybe thinks that it's easier to go into a webpage, download the torrent, deselect every song except for the song they want. And some people find it easier to just open a client and search for the song.

Last edited:
Wanna bet? I could record with a cam if you like, but I won't do that job for free, takes 2-2,5 seconds to me to open limewire. I use Limewire PRO 4.12.3
I am not saying Limewire is faster than torrents nor that it got more sources, BUT it is a faster process for me to download one song there instead of using torrents to download a song.

You may have had bad experiences when using Limewire and that's probably why you're so anti it. I guess it's up to people what they find easier to do... Some people maybe thinks that it's easier to go into a webpage, download the torrent, deselect every song except for the song they want. And some people find it easier to just open a client and search for the song.

You just turn arround on everything. Make it sound so hard using torrents. I don't see any possitive things using limewire at all. As I've said before. If limewire works good for you. Keep on using it. I still say it sucks. It's slow. It takes time to search. It have a lot spam. And crap. If you prefer to use crap. Something that stinks. Have a ugly green lime on it and a ugly green interfance. Is slow. Takes time to load(it will be word against word, it still slow asking me). Return false search results(like kazaaa). Then go ahead. I wont stop you!

You just turn arround on everything. Make it sound so hard using torrents. I don't see any possitive things using limewire at all. As I've said before. If limewire works good for you. Keep on using it. I still say it sucks. It's slow. It takes time to search. It have a lot spam. And crap. If you prefer to use crap. Something that stinks. Have a ugly green lime on it and a ugly green interfance. Is slow. Takes time to load(it will be word against word, it still slow asking me). Return false search results(like kazaaa). Then go ahead. I wont stop you!

I am not saying it's hard to use torrents, I'm just saying it's more complicated to use when it comes to single song downloads. Anyways, this discussion won't go nowhere so it ends here, at least for me.

Back