• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How does ShadowCores keep up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just want to say that i'm part of the community and i do not want to be spoken 'heard' you. Your way of arguing is just so annoying. You don't listen to what others have to say, you only hear what you want to hear, you throw weird paralels and what's up with acting superdramatic? The post part with the anger, acceptance etc just makes you sound like a dick, you don't argue, you try to put people on the spot it's like you don't know which is which.

Okay, sure, my methods of expressing this aren't golden. But is anyone else doing it? I tried sending PM's, emails, etc. - Talaturen ignored them.

If you guys want me to stop, I'm fine with that, but you're the ones who are giving up on yourselves. I apologize for being rude, but things like this have to be said.

And Deavz, reading text and deciding "how I feel or what I mean" is illegitimate. If we were talking on Skype or something (video chat), it wouldn't be nearly as rude as you may interpret it to be. This is a common mishap.

Wow... Now that's some rage. Let it out, that's good, but this has nothing to do with me. I'm trying to wake up everyone and get things in motion. Creating more elsewhere would only make things worse. We need to create, expand, and learn HERE on Otland, a single place, united together. Otherwise, shit will hit the fan and OpenTibia will spiral into further oblivion.

I've been helping Don Daniello behind the scenes. That doesn't matter. What matters is getting everyone involved.
Open Tibia is going into a bottomless pit because people are losing interest in doing things themselves. Not because of the community. People who have been around for so long can't be fucked to help anymore because they work, have real lives and when they come onto their laptop they want to relax not help some kid who's crying because his TFS isn't registering items.xml.

There's a difference between people wanting help and people wanting something.
If they need help, we should help them. That's why we're the Support Team.
Yes there is, I'm glad you've said that. But there is a difference between Support and Spoonfeed also. Don't get me wrong I think it's a great idea. I also think people are taking advantage of the fact they only have to ask and it's given to them. People need to be encouraged to learn.

e.g.
OP; I need items xml, please help!
Support team; Download it from here
OP; PLS where i put this items xml?
Support team; here
OP; now omg i need to fix error my ot wont run!
Support team; whats the problem?
OP; it says cannot run server!
Support team; let me get my spoon and your bowl so i can spoonfeed you

next example

OP; Hi, I need to find items.xml for a 7.6 server, I have searched for around an hour now and I'm wondering if anyone can help?
Support team; Somebody asked for this earlier! Here it is!
OP; Thanks I also have another problem but I'll try fix it myself first
Support team; No problem, come back here if you can't manage!

See the fkin difference? And 90% of the threads in Support is the first example

But we have to reach out to people which need help. That's only way to keep their intresst

People have become too lazy. They even can't use the search function, all you can see in their eyes is profit. You can't change that, no one can't. It's just the way it is. We can only hope the future will be better itself.

People have become too lazy. We can only hope the future will be better itself.

Money doesn't grow on trees, you have to earn it. Hoping for something is pointless. "I hope I become a Billionaire!" Well, yeah... You have to act. You'll never really know what will happen until it has been attempted. It's true people are lazy, but we can figure something out. We put a man on the moon, right? Back then that was craziness. What about texting - communication with your thumbs - unheard of! You're telling me we can't save an open source community? Come on now...

Time, effort, willingness, and a little of Talaturen's touch - we're golden. :wub:

If everyone took time to read tutorials about how to map, how to script and etc.... All request would be faster answerd.

You can gain trust of a few members, but, what you really need is to gain trust from the administrators of this forum, which is pretty impossible.

If everyone took time to read tutorials about how to map, how to script and etc.... All request would be faster answerd.

If everyone did this, there would be no requests.

Efficiency at its finest. We'd be pumping out OTServer's left and right, thousands of players, no help needed - it's OT Heaven.

Would there be thousands of players extra? I think what we have now is the maximum we're going to pull.
Help would still be needed.

There is always an IF.
@J. Dre

Meh. That's a dream now. Just deal with it,that this discussment or w/e is not going to change anything. It will remain the same, as it was.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic fellas, haha. See... you can't accurately judge the meaning of something by reading it!

Sorry if I came off as rude to begin with.

I was being sarcastic fellas, haha. See... you can't accurately judge the meaning of something by reading it!

Sorry if I came off as rude to begin with.

I see you got shit loads of time to post in this useless discussion.
How about you put some action into the table and start learning codings so you can be the man at the support/request boards?

And as the previous posts I've read, i've came to the conclusion of you being an arrogant kid blind to reality who needs to wake the fuck up.

I see you got shit loads of time to post in this useless discussion.
How about you put some action into the table and start learning codings so you can be the man at the support/request boards?

And as the previous posts I've read, i've came to the conclusion of you being an arrogant kid blind to reality who needs to wake the fuck up.
Actually J.Dre knows LUA quite well afaik
Unless you mean C(++) etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back