• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows How to get/open gdb log files?

gudan garam

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know much about gdb but I see some posts here on otland talking about the gdb logs and I wonder how can I get the gdb of my tfs after it crashes? how do I open it?

the only thing I found was how to debug an .exe with gdb step by step but thats now what I'd like.

I'd like to have a file like the above after a crash

hastebin

Hello, I don't know much about gdb but I see some posts here on otland talking about the gdb logs and I wonder how can I get the gdb of my tfs after it crashes? how do I open it?

the only thing I found was how to debug an .exe with gdb step by step but thats now what I'd like.

I'd like to have a file like the above after a crash

hastebin
Considering your server is called tfs. If not replace tfs with your servers file name in my directions.

Before starting tfs you need to use "ulimit -c unlimited" so it can actually write the core dump. Then once the server crashes there should be a core file in the directory where you started tfs. So while you are in that directory do "gdb tfs core" then do "bt".

If the core file isn't in the tfs directory after crash then first check to make sure your ulimit is set to unlimited or search on google to find if there is another place the core file would be dumped on your OS.

Back