• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to make houses using SIMONE Map Editor.

Sir Shutter

Learning LUA
Reaction score
Hello, I've made this tutorial for most noobies to know how to make working house's using SimOne Map Editor.

Let's start, as you can see this is a house I've done on the map editor, It doesn't matter how I made it, remember this is just a tutorial made to show you how will you make the house's work so it can work and player's can buy this house's etc..

4h2wwk.png

As you can see, this is a simple picture of a house, now you need to make this house active for players to buy and own it, as you can see north the map editor you can see the house shape thing, this is what it looks like :-​

2e1u654.jpg

Yes, the house icon.

Click this house icon, after clicking the house icon it will be pushed but notice nothing will happen now go to the door of your house then get the positions of this door save the position for example the position of the door in the house I've made is X:38 , Y:52 , Z:7 Here is a picture to be more detailed :-

xbbdkl.png

Now try clicking on the house door then this window will popup :-

e7ax60.jpg

Now, choose the town that your house is inside, for example the town that this house is inside is called "Victoria Town" then I should choose this town in the Town option, after choosing the town option, now let's head to the Name option now you should choose the name of your own, you can call it anything you want for me, like if for example i got 20 house's in a town then il make like Victoria1,Victoria2,Victoria3 and so on until Victoria20, this is just an idea, you can name it whatever you want, so for me il name it Victoria1, now lets head to the Exit option now remember the positions that I saved before the house exit you should enter it here, my house exit is :- X:38 , Y:52 , Z:7, I've added it, also the Rent option will be changed automatically after you set the town for the house, now for the Cost Option, Make it any random numbers for example make it "20" anything, it wont matter because the house prices is set in config.lua price each SQM, so it wont matter but you got to do any random number since it will ask for the house cost when u save the house on the map editor, after your done click on "Add", this is how it looks for me after I done that :-

2i07wht.jpg

Now, after your done it should look the same as this previous picture, not the same I mean looks nearly like this ofcorse with your town city, your own Exit..etc, after your done with that now choose the "Select Option", After your selected it now start colouring all the house, each part in it within the walls, upstairs, downstairs and the most important thing to colour is the door make sure it's coloured, here is a picture after I've coloured the house :-​

Floor1​

2znu51v.jpg

Floor2​

2im2olu.jpg

Complete house showoff​

ay7d41.jpg

After your done, now click on any coloured part in the house "right click" and choose "Deselect house", then again click on the house icon north, then choose "Edit Houses..", Choose the town and choose the house, click on "Save", then click "Close", and there your house is finally completed!

I hope that this tutorial helped starter's, also feel free to give me rep++.

Best Regards,
Sir Shutter.

Nice and long tutorial but I know this and I using RME :D But for works I will give rep++

Keep Working!

//Lord Xavy

Edit:
@Down
Rotfl xD

Last edited:
Good tutorial.

And while we're at it, make sure your houses doesn't have the name "OTSERV HEADQUARTER". Then they're buged and can cause crashes.

ok thanks and yea i dont care if my house is bugged XD i said its just tutorial XD!!

thanks all

where can i download Simone's mapeditor? i have search alot and cant find any :(

Back