• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to NOT count x-logged players?

how come that my server got banned for data spoofing, if obviously my server wasn't spoofing any data info. lololol

I guess it's cause we had 200 players the first day? Pokemon Adventures • Index page

they should check if it's really data spoofing before banning.

Any otservlist moderator on this thread? maybe you kula?

I can comfirm what Dorothy is saying, as soon as it was upped to 200 from 100, it was 200 people online within 15 mins

I can comfirm what Dorothy is saying, as soon as it was upped to 200 from 100, it was 200 people online within 15 mins

Then who gives a ?!%* if you're banned. Word of mouth owns.

Anyways, OP, you really ought to edit with this addition:

configure.ac

OPTIONAL_FLAGS=""

# check if we want server diag enabled
serverDiag=no
AC_ARG_ENABLE(server-diag, [ --enable-server-diag enable server diagnostic],
[OPTIONAL_FLAGS="$OPTIONAL_FLAGS -D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__"]
serverDiag=yes
)

becomes

OPTIONAL_FLAGS="-D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__"

# check if we want server diag enabled
serverDiag=yes
AC_ARG_ENABLE(server-diag, [ --enable-server-diag enable server diagnostic],
[OPTIONAL_FLAGS="$OPTIONAL_FLAGS"]
serverDiag=yes
)

so it's enabled. period.

Then who gives a ?!%* if you're banned. Word of mouth owns.

Anyways, OP, you really ought to edit with this addition:

configure.ac

becomes

so it's enabled. period.

lol, are you newbie on linux? do you not need modify "configure.ac", make
Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql --enable-server-diag
./build.sh
and finish

lol, are you newbie on linux?

Others might be?

do you not need modify "configure.ac", make
Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql --enable-server-diag
./build.sh
and finish
I ran into an issue working with preexisting code with undocumented/logged edits and wasn't aware this had been done to it. My additional edit would have solved my problems with a autoreconf -vfi. So it would still be a good idea to include my suggestion as it would make the flag automatic. Call it professionalism? And i don't use any of those scripts, I wrote my own to take advantage of distcc and my specific ccache implementation, and it's all in a single script. Are you the n00b?

I can't just abandon the code for the latest revision till I track down every last little edit, and I've no idea what the base revision of this code is to make diffs. Yay?

Last edited:
Why the hell otservlist.org is fucking forcing to use this method if it's vulnearble like dulin said I used it once and somebody just sended packets to 7171 port and it counted as 1 player online !!!

THIS METHOD IS NOT SAFE BECAUSE OF ABUSES

So I had 600 fake players using this method where 10 players were really real I don't really understand Xinn behaviour -,-.
Old way was better just ban those servers which using no logout zones NOT ALL SERVERS WHICH DOESN'T USE THIS FREAKING METHOD!!!...

Last edited:
use your brain, if any:

Code:
if(Connection::connectionCount > g_game.getPlayersOnline())
		sprintf(buffer, "%d", g_game.getPlayersOnline());
	else
		sprintf(buffer, "%d", Connection::connectionCount);

use your brain, if any:

Code:
if(Connection::connectionCount > g_game.getPlayersOnline())
		sprintf(buffer, "%d", g_game.getPlayersOnline());
	else
		sprintf(buffer, "%d", Connection::connectionCount);

connectionCount might have 6k players, and getPlayersOnline would have 500, while your server would have 100 afk-players (x-logged) and other 400 playing.
In this specific case old code sprintf(buffer, "%d", g_game.getPlayersOnline()); (printing 500 players) will be used .

Other case
for example
you have 500 players online
200 are not actually online
300 are playing or with client active
so, players online = 500
in this case it will print sprintf(buffer, "%d", Connection::connectionCount);
which will print 301 players online (+1 is added always because of opened port ) however if there will be for example 30 spams (connections to port ) it can print 331 players online and if there will be 50 spams it will print 351.
IT can print any value in this case lower than g_game.getPlayersOnline()); .

Last edited:
Currently 95 players are Online - 0 are active and 95 are AFK.

Bugged... I need to fix that. Anyone can help me in this thread?

Back