• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How To Prevent From Mapping Rippers.

Carlos9

Reaction score
!!!Hi I will give you some tips on how to prevent your map from being used by other people!!!

Try to show your name in the map you will show. Example:
eeeh.png

•Another tip is to use photoshop,paint,ect...on a corner and post your account name or the name of the project. A good example thanks to Sharp :
VIgnIMGBwn.png

•The last tip is to actually some times dont post done pictures so if the ripper posts it, people when ask when it will be done and when you finish the map use both of my tips above.

Thank and please report ripper to have a wealthy community.^_^

Good, they could still rip but they wouldn't exactly copy and paste the picture, if they're badass enough they will copy the entire thing on map editor, tile for tile. I've done it once D:

my awesome pic first \o/

Good, they could still rip but they wouldn't exactly copy and paste the picture, if they're badass enough they will copy the entire thing on map editor, tile for tile. I've done it once D:

my awesome pic first \o/

my felulosa depot?......

"buhu someone mapped something similar" "HEY you used the same roof tile as i did, SHAME ON U" "wait u made depot underground with wall ID X, same as me, SHAME ON U" I took a minute to create a house, just watch!

funfung.jpg

POST 100 AWESUM

Anyway, if I do something similar of someone elses work.. I won't care, it's still me who did it *bluuuuuuuu* ":pPPPPPPPPP" I mean I created a small camp with snow/ice environment based on the picture of pingu and from the AvP movie, do i type out "inspiration by XxxX"? Nah, but If i use the same door ID as member X did, ill have to according to the community.. but it seem to be less bitching nowadays.. Pheew

Cool advice, but further do what hxzr did, Watermark + Character name + Server Logo, can't be beaten.

"buhu someone mapped something similar" "HEY you used the same roof tile as i did, SHAME ON U" "wait u made depot underground with wall ID X, same as me, SHAME ON U" I took a minute to create a house, just watch!

funfung.jpg

POST 100 AWESUM

Anyway, if I do something similar of someone elses work.. I won't care, it's still me who did it *bluuuuuuuu* ":pPPPPPPPPP" I mean I created a small camp with snow/ice environment based on the picture of pingu and from the AvP movie, do i type out "inspiration by XxxX"? Nah, but If i use the same door ID as member X did, ill have to according to the community.. but it seem to be less bitching nowadays.. Pheew

Photoshop fail :]

Sorry not possible is appearing meaning theres a character there.

funfung.jpg

POST 100 AWESUM

This.

Cool advice, but further do what hxzr did, Watermark + Character name + Server Logo, can't be beaten.
you mean CAN be beateN?

Photoshop fail :]

Sorry not possible is appearing meaning theres a character there.

Yea I know and i didnt care to remove it hence why I also left the ingame border (the grey one) took me three-five minutes to prove that it's easy to remove characters/logos/stamps whatever..

YES!

WHo cares if someone copied you? I don't.

Edit to answer yall;)

You mean CAN be beaten?:)*i dno if you actually saw what i did there* Why would you want to "copy" an image? And not just take a minute in the editor to recreate? Why care if someone copycat ya? That's a compliment, nuff said.

Was talking about your watermark, not the whole copy the picture and still leave a tiny bit of sharps head in it. :) I noticed silly.

Shit I'm trippin i don't even remember writing the post above. o_o

Back