• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua How to update your tfs correctly and succesfully?

Kernel

Tibera!
Reaction score
Hello! As we all know, TFS 0.3.4 is released and it is time for us to update our servers. This is what elf says every time he(tfs tetam) releases new tfs version.
Please do not blame us also if you didn't do a full data directory update, because its only your fault, as all file changes were listed in the CHANGELOG.

Can someone expierenced tell me how to update my old tfs to newest one correctly and what does changelog have to do with updating? Because I bet that most of problems are own fault because we havent correctly updated our ot.

Make a backup and do the following:

1.- Download a newest TFS version, (0.3.3 or 0.3.4) [I would recommend 0.3.3]

2.- Set up config.lua with your IP, database settings, etc...

3.- Run the OT, and the TFS console with automatically update the database that you selected on config.lua.

4.- You'll have to update all your scripts, actions, bla bla bla... manually

:eek:

[This is the way I believe how you update TFS ;)]

Just check the Changelog and see what he changed. If he hasn't changed anything in the data folder, just remove the data folder, and put yours there. If he changed stuff in the data folder, do the stuff manually.

Okey! Repped u both! Now Im using newest console(gui isnt working), and if later I want to change console to gui, do I have to do something else except changing exe's? :D

Back