• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

HTML5 Browser Client, Node.js Server full-custom implementation.

booptey

Reaction score
I quit tibia for several years, was about to start playing a new char, but to my horror I found out that its complete garbage now.. Can't rope creatures, can't block players, can't trap, can't, can't can't...

So I decided to make a fully custom game based on Tibia.. so as to not limit the feature set to any existing servers/clients out there.

Test server (100% browser based)

New link:

Http://xion.ddns.net

WASD to move, Enter to chat, click to shoot/use. Arrow keys used for chat history.

Still adding features daily. I'll post updates here as they come. Feel free to suggest features!

The server has been updated to auto-restart on crash, saving all player states.

Currently working on containers and various performance optimizations.

Cheers,
boop

Last edited:
Fixed IE issue. Who would have thought Math.sign() isn't defined in IE -.-

Already had a lot of fun with it, I wish there were some more monsters to own.
Keep the updates coming :)

Hah! Just shot a naked a guy in the face.

Liking the game so far. The sprites look so old-styled, like 6.0 styled, but that's alright.
Keep the updates up, I'll be following this thread! :)

Hah! Just shot a naked a guy in the face.

Liking the game so far. The sprites look so old-styled, like 6.0 styled, but that's alright.
Keep the updates up, I'll be following this thread! :)

Thanks for playing :) The naked zombies are my favorite. I drew them as templates for future characters, but I thought why not have naked people running around?

I am a huge fan of pixel art, but I find that when there's too much detail it tends too get noisy and confusing, especially for casual players. Also, detailed pixel art is a lot of work. I've settled on using few colors with thick borders as the sprite style, allows me to get more decent-looking sprites done. I am considering moving to 64x64 base sprites to get more refined edges. Been slowly migrating to a look similar to TeamFortress2.

Thanks to everyone who played so far! It helps a lot with debugging to get many people on at the same time.

Might be a good time to discuss the direction of this project - I really want this to be a community-led game (based on what we've all learned from CIPSOFT's failure). I am considering allowing user-submitted artwork (with guides on how to properly format the sprite sheets). So you could create a fully custom outfit for yourself, a creature, item, or effect.

How do you guys feel about being able to build walls/doors from resources around the map? Crafting?

Does anyone use bitcoins? I'm working on a deposit/withdrawal system where gold will be directly convertible to bitcoins. - but nothing will ever be premium-only or purchase-only. Everything will always be obtainable by all players.

Already had a lot of fun with it, I wish there were some more monsters to own.
Keep the updates coming :)

I'm glad :D. The monsters take some time to sprite - it's 8 walking sprites (4 north, 4 south), and 3 corpses (decay). Getting the walking to look smooth is a fair bit of work. But it's worth it for 100% custom graphics. I'm sick of Tibia's sprites even tho they are very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun game ... reminds me of starting Tibia ... you don't know what the hell you're doing ...
Pretty fun to pk on too ... lmao ...

In the next update I am going to implement the account system, so you'll actually be able to pick a name and keep your character.
I need to give myself GOD mode or something, I came online to check out what's going on and I was hunted down by flamethrowers. No one even knew I was the admin rofl.
Also discovered a new crash bug (keeping it secret :p)

Fun game ... reminds me of starting Tibia ... you don't know what the hell you're doing ...
Pretty fun to pk on too ... lmao ...

That is exactly the experience I want to create. Push updates and let players discover it on their own. No Wiki. No Guides. Nothing. Just a few basic controls and loads of trial and error. Thinking back, My Tibia noob days were probably the most fun.

Just played for a second but try out this, and maybe you can see what you could do out of this, I remember I played this game and it was really fun and simple, so I thought maybe you could take ideas out of it... ^^

Thanks, I'll take a look. I love incorporating the good parts of other games. "Great artists steal ;)"

Last edited:
  • Updated to sexier pixelated graphics (2x zoom, nearest neighbor),
  • Added safety zone around spawn.
  • Added basic client motion-prediction to compensate lag
  • Fixed water animation

Last edited:
Any basic info where I should be going? To hunt something or explore, I tried to go west abit but found nothing...

Also... How exactly do you shot? Im clicking everywhere and nothing happens

Edit:
Bug
https://i.imgur.com/SeXOt7Q.png (mountain north)

You should add some easy way to hard reset the character incase similiar situations like this happens, usually in tibia you would just relog and you ended up in temple

Last edited:
Any basic info where I should be going? To hunt something or explore, I tried to go west abit but found nothing...

Also... How exactly do you shot? Im clicking everywhere and nothing happens

Edit:
Bug
https://i.imgur.com/SeXOt7Q.png (mountain north)

You should add some easy way to hard reset the character incase similiar situations like this happens, usually in tibia you would just relog and you ended up in temple
I ran into that bug just now.. silly mapping mistake on my part.

You can delete your cookies to reset char, that will all be updated soon once I get account.

To shoot you need to click on a player/monster. I will also update that too.. I know aiming is a little bit difficult right now.

There is not much to explore.. just random monsters scattered around the map. Working on a new map with storyline now, as this one was just a test of various features.

Thanks for playing ! :)

Update:
  • Added creatures spawns (rather than just a bunch of live creatures)
  • Added new creatures
  • Improved aim system (easier to click moving enemies)
  • Upgraded internal asset management system (server-side)
  • Fixed bugs
Vision:

After talking with some members who are following this project, we've decided on a vision for the game.

Anyone who has played Half-Life2 would be familiar with the post-apocalyptic world with government oppression, enslaved citizens etc.

You spawn as a cloned human in a remote rebel-owned lab on the coast of an island.. the island is run by a government force who enslaves citizens to work for its regime, where they clone humans and are bio-engineering the next superhuman. Typical enemies will be mutated zombies, superhumans, guard soldiers, and military robots. Your goal is to defeat the government, independently or cooperatively with other players.

Not all enemies will be agressive.. some will only attack you under specific conditions (such as entering restricted areas, or engaging in violence).

Players who successfully defeat the leader will be saved to a global history book, and the world will shift to a new leadership, starting a new chapter with updated conditions.

Back