• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Huge] Raising money to move forward...

Amiroslo

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OTLanders,

I’m here today to talk to you guys about moving forward in TFS. This means abandoning 0.4 and 0.3.x and everything outdated and start using TFS 1.3!

TFS 1.3 has a huge adventage over the older versions in term of stability, reliability, security, bug fixes, performance, features and much more!

The reason people are holding to older versions like 8.6 (0.4) and other old distros; is because they’re compatible with older protocols. This is why I am here today to tell you we will downgrade TFS 1.3 to the most used protocols to allow people to use the best and latest available engine (1.3) with your favourite Tibia version!

In order to this, I have came to a deal with Ezzz to make sure we bring you the latest and most stable TFS 1.3 downgraded to your favourite Tibia version! He agreed to do the job for 50$, which means he will dowgrade the latest 1.3 to 8.6 for that price. As for future updates (patchings, fixing bugs and so on), he said he would charge 5$ usually for 1 hour of work. If the job is small, he will do it for free.

Here is the full list of the versions that TFS 1.3 will support:

• 10+ (by default)
  • 9.8/9.6
  • 8.7/8.6/8.54/8.1/8.0
  • 7.92/7.8/7.7/7.6/7.4
We will fork the master branch and create separate branches for each version, we will also make sure it stays up to date with the master branch, and yes it will be open-source and available to everyone BUT..

In order for all this to work, I need your donations to support this.

For step one, we’re planning to start with the most requested version and it is 8.60, downgrading this will cost us 50$.

Now I am not exactly sure how much every downgrade will cost exactly, but once we release our first downgraded TFS 1.3 and reach the goal of 50$, we will then set another goal with the exact amount of $ needed and so on!

I will keep this post updated,
In order to start this project now, we’ll need a total of 50$ for this goal.

If you’d like to donate, send me a PM here and I’ll reply to you with my PayPal email so you can donate!

Thank you!

Last edited:
OTX is not a clean downgrade of TFS 1.3, it’s a fork with the intention of changing TFS 1.3 to something different. Also TFS 1.3 is more stable and is bugless compared to OTX

OTX is not a clean downgrade of TFS 1.3, it’s a fork with the intention of changing TFS 1.3 to something different. Also TFS 1.3 is more stable and is bugless compared to OTX
I've run a differential on 1.3 & otx and the sources are almost identical with the exception that otx3 offers more features than the official TFS.

I've run a differential on 1.3 & otx and the sources are almost identical with the exception that otx3 offers more features than the official TFS.

you are right otx is a copy of tfs the only difference is that otx has more features anyway most of them are useless .. but otx like is a copy is pretty stable i havent had problems with otx at all

If OTX3 support most client versions, whats the purpose of this?

If the whole point is to abandon old distros (0.3.7/0.4 others) OTX3 does that. Now its a question of how good it does that but judging by their github activity it looks more alive than actual TFS 1.3

Last edited:
I'd branch into two projects.

make a 1.3 distro more focused only for 8.0+.. then one that deals with clients 7.72 and under..
ima say the work involved in trying to do that is not worth or it would have already been done.
the amount of if_defs is gonna be hilarious xD

Old school distro and a new school distro, going to have ppl that want to work on 8.6 and your ppl who want to work on 7.X-

your best bet is creating a new github repo, allow others to contribute/use it/ see it work.. As it would improve more and more would donate/contribute. At least I would :)

Last edited:
why branch for each version? it would create more outlay. Imagine patching 10 different branches. I would do this with single branch but using preprocessor definitions.

I can also help doing this, because that was always my dream to have OTS working with different protocols. But the requirement from my side would be, that we do this in single branch, to get around the mess.

why branch for each version? it would create more outlay. Imagine patching 10 different branches. I would do this with single branch but using preprocessor definitions.

I can also help doing this, because that was always my dream to have OTS working with different protocols. But the requirement from my side would be, that we do this in single branch, to get around the mess.
it would be a troublee to make it work with preprocessor definitions it would increase the code significantly

@Amiroslo No need to raise money just have those that want to contribute to the cause do so.
Raising money is a bad idea then like everything else progress becomes about getting paid and not progress.

Also I'd like to know where you got the idea that otx isn't stable, do you have a background in c++?

Last edited:

We thought about doing something similar already but it would bulk the code a lot and add unnecessary code for each version since not every code is used for every version. We’ll also need different datapacks because each version is different, we’ll also face client sided problems since each version and their client is different and requires specific stuff. If you have a method or an idea to do what you’re thinking of, let me know and we’ll see if it’s possible

@Amiroslo No need to raise money just have those that want to contribute to the cause do so.
Raising money is a bad idea then like everything else progress becomes about getting paid and not progress.
Haven’t you wondered yet why the community havent moved to tfs 1.3 yet? Because sadly people are not doing what they’re supposed to do, in order to motivate the people, we need to start something, starting something like this would then open the possibilities for others to contribute, this will be open source and give everyone a stable clean secure downgraded tfs 1.3 open to everyone to contribute to

I am not personally interested in 8.60, but I would be willing to single handedly pay for a complete downgrade of the newest tfs 1.3 to 7.4 or 7.72 for the community, assuming working tools would be provided.

I am not personally interested in 8.60, but I would be willing to single handedly pay for a complete downgrade of the newest tfs 1.3 to 7.4 or 7.72 for the community, assuming working tools would be provided.
We’re planning to bring complete 7.4/7.72 downgrade soon step by step. 8.6 is the most used version that’s why we are going for this first. But if this doesn’t even get the money required, we’re not really getting anywhere.

Now I am not exactly sure how much every downgrade will cost exactly, but once we release our first downgraded TFS 1.3 and reach the goal of 50$, we will then set another goal with the exact amount of $ needed and so on!
Cost what? Forking free TFS repo and making changes using free text editor? Why $50? Why not 40 or 60? What costs are you including?
You are saying that you "need" that $50 for something. Just be honest and tell us that you want us to pay you, nothing else.

But if this doesn’t even get the money required, we’re not really getting anywhere.
And that wouldn't change in the future. You want $50 only to downgrade but you have no idea that it will be your responsibility to handle updates for these projects. You can except tons of reports about bugs, missing features and stuff. Are you going to spend your time to take care of that stuff? FOR FREE?

Cost what? Forking free TFS repo and making changes using free text editor? Why $50? Why not 40 or 60? What costs are you including?
You are saying that you "need" that $50 for something. Just be honest and tell us that you want us to pay you, nothing else.

And that wouldn't change in the future. You want $50 only to downgrade but you have no idea that it will be your responsibility to handle updates for these projects. You can except tons of reports about bugs, missing features and stuff. Are you going to spend your time to take care of that stuff? FOR FREE?
Are you trying to accuse me for trying to rip off 50$ from the community? You really think I am stupid enough to do that? I have been in this community for 10years, I don’t do that. The cost is set by Ezzz, he is the one downgrading it and he said his price was 50$ for dowgrading it to 8.6, he assured me to keep them all updated and patch it with every new update ( he might charge 5$ per hour if it will take a lot of time to patch all versions in the future since he will have to patch branch by branch)

I will get Ezzz here to confirm this

Last edited:
Are you trying to accuse me for trying to rip off 50$ from the community? You really think I am stupid enough to do that?
I'm not accusing anyone. It's just not wise to trust someone based on such poor explanation.

The cost is set by Ezzz, he is the one downgrading it and he said his price was 50$ for dowgrading it to 8.6, he assured me to keep them all updated and patch it with every new update ( he might charge 5$ per hour if it will take a lot of time to patch all versions in the future since he will have to patch branch by branch)
Why didn't you include that in your first post? This is VERY important info. Till now we had no idea what it would look like in the future. Now we know that there may be additional costs.
And who is that Ezzz? How can we be sure to trust him and that he won't abandon this project in the future, leaving us with no support and potentially broken TFS?

I'm not accusing anyone. It's just not wise to trust someone based on such poor explanation.

Why didn't you include that in your first post? This is VERY important info. Till now we had no idea what it would look like in the future. Now we know that there may be additional costs.
And who is that Ezzz? How can we be sure to trust him and that he won't abandon this project in the future, leaving us with no support and potentially broken TFS?
This is @Ezzz Programmer - Hire me on weekly basis (https://otland.net/threads/hire-me-on-weekly-basis.246148/) , he has worked with many people in the past and his reputation is good. Once this project is up and live it will be much easier for the community to contribute, even if one day Ezzz decides to quit, I’m pretty sure someone will take payment for that, or someone would contribute.

Edit: I am also hoping and willing to try and make this project an official part of OTLand so official developers can work on it

This is @Ezzz Programmer - Hire me on weekly basis (https://otland.net/threads/hire-me-on-weekly-basis.246148/) , he has worked with many people and the past and his reputation is good
Do you see now what I'm trying to accomplish here? Provide more info! Not everyone here knows You or Ezzz. You want people to actually trust you and donate? Convince them.

Once this project is up and live it will be much easier for the community to contribute
Just like now? Barely any updates, everyone wants money to do something. This was meant to be open for everyone, for free, now it's just "who takes less money to do more".

Back