• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Huge] Raising money to move forward...

Just like now? Barely any updates, everyone wants money to do something. This was meant to be open for everyone, for free, now it's just "who takes less money to do more".
Sorry, but I’m trying my best, not my fault that no one now is ready to do this for free. That’s why this will be set up for public and let everyone have it for free and they’re free to contribute. You don’t have to take a part of this and pay, but whoever feels like it, feel free

But hey, at least I’m trying :)

I have personally hired Ezzz for multiple projects in the past. He done a fantastic job, and is a heck of a guy.

However, I'm not going to pay for 8.60, because i have no interest in 8.60. If Ezzz sets a price for 7.4, then I'll fund it.

I have personally hired Ezzz for multiple projects in the past. He done a fantastic job, and is a heck of a guy.

However, I'm not going to pay for 8.60, because i have no interest in 8.60. If Ezzz sets a price for 7.4, then I'll fund it.
but why ? if here in otland there are already 7.4 / 772 distributions based on tfs 1.2 you can choose between otx or tfs they are almost the samething
pretty stable etc
also ezzz released his nostalrius datapack + sources

Since he released his project of 7.7, we decided it will be free to release a 7.7 1.3 soon, he just need to make a clean version, and from there adjust the 7.7 for a cheap price to make it work for 7.4. But all this comes after the 8.6 downgrading as we’re trying to take this step by step

I'm in process of downgrading latest tfs to 8.6 protocol, I will release it soon, so if you wish you can hold on with that 8.6 downgrade.

I'm in process of downgrading latest tfs to 8.6 protocol, I will release it soon, so if you wish you can hold on with that 8.6 downgrade.
Sounds good, I’ll wait for this. But we still have many other protocols that it can be downgraded to other than 8.6

Sounds good, I’ll wait for this. But we still have many other protocols that it can be downgraded to other than 8.6
A good 7.4 tfs 1.3 will be the key to success. But it needs RME, Object builder and item editor according or people just will keep working on their outdated packs. Also a fixed OTClient and a open source sprite pack is needed to leave Cipsoft copyrights fly away.

You guys should not get mad or rage about this. 50$ is a small amount.

The idea of communities like this is to help each other and, yes, do it for free. But the world does not work like this.
You ask what the money is for? Well that is simply, it is for the time he puts into it. Time is money. Why do any effort if you cannot get anything out of it?
50$ for a downgrade and 5$ per hour is not alot of money. You cannot even live off of that.

Of course if someone is willing to do the same thing with the same quality for no money, I'd prefer that as well, but I'm not supporting otland for example because I got money to throw away, but to keep it alive and cover the time and costs.

You guys should not get mad or rage about this. 50$ is a small amount.

The idea of communities like this is to help each other and, yes, do it for free. But the world does not work like this.
You ask what the money is for? Well that is simply, it is for the time he puts into it. Time is money. Why do any effort if you cannot get anything out of it?
50$ for a downgrade and 5$ per hour is not alot of money. You cannot even live off of that.

Of course if someone is willing to do the same thing with the same quality for no money, I'd prefer that as well, but I'm not supporting otland for example because I got money to throw away, but to keep it alive and cover the time and costs.
Same here, this guys raging because of 50 bucks, lmao. Also this money is going to @Ezzz (I can bet he need it more than us).
If this is already on-going I can give you my first donation for sure.

Same here, this guys raging because of 50 bucks, lmao. Also this money is going to @Ezzz (I can bet he need it more than us).
If this is already on-going I can give you my first donation for sure.
It is not ongoing as I didn’t want to pay the whole 50$ since there might be more to come for the upcming version. I messages him now again regarding 7.4 and it utilities since Nekiro said he’s working on the 8.6, we’ll see how this goes. I think the electricity is off from where he is now so ge might take some time to reply back

It is not ongoing as I didn’t want to pay the whole 50$ since there might be more to come for the upcming version. I messages him now again regarding 7.4 and it utilities since Nekiro said he’s working on the 8.6, we’ll see how this goes. I think the electricity is off from where he is now so ge might take some time to reply back
I know it's not the thing discussed here but I think that we have to make an open source project including TFS server, a fixed OTClient, tools to edit sprites and objects and a sprite pack to avoid legal issues. Then we can start to develope with them new servers.

We aren't raging about $50. I spend $50 on a good steak. It's about the level of commitment, if an entire community of developers can't do this job and be consistent with it then how is 1 person suppose to do it. It isn't practical and the more you talk about it the more is sounds like a scam.

We aren't raging about $50. I spend $50 on a good steak. It's about the level of commitment, if an entire community of developers can't do this job and be consistent with it then how is 1 person suppose to do it. It isn't practical and the more you talk about it the more is sounds like a scam.
The more u think of it the less it sounds like a scam

Other question how can we be sure it will be bugfree?
First it will be tested, then Trial and error. We’ll release it to public, reported bugs will be fixed

Last edited:
The more u think of it the less it sounds like a scam
Did you read what I wrote? There is like 200k+ members, lets say 10% of them are actual developers. In all the years that this project has been around you have had 20k actual developers and not one 1 of them thought it was a good idea to be consistent with the structure of the code and backwards compatibility?

Now you are telling us we got a guy and he can do everything, give us a bug free product that works flawlessly for every protocol imaginable, but we only need $50 total initially. If money isn't such a big deal why even make a thread about this in the 1st place?

This idea is a money sink and is also a huge responsibility for just one person. In other words it's not going to work and no sane person or company would ever invest in such an endeavor.

Other question how can we be sure it will be bugfree?
First it will be tested, then Trial and error. We’ll release it to public, reported bugs will be fixed
Did you read what I wrote? There is like 200k+ members, lets say 10% of them are actual developers. In all the years that this project has been around you have had 20k actual developers and not one 1 of them thought it was a good idea to be consistent with the structure of the code and backwards compatibility?

Now you are telling us we got a guy and he can do everything, give us a bug free product that works flawlessly for every protocol imaginable, but we only need $50 total initially. If money isn't such a big deal why even make a thread about this in the 1st place?

This idea is a money sink and is also a huge responsibility for just one person. In other words it's not going to work and no sane person or company would ever invest in such an endeavor.
I came, I said it was a good idea and I want it to be done so I am trying my best. You might eat a steak for 50$ , but other people will live off it for a week in some countries. Ezzz is a reliable person, he already did downgrades and he released a stable source with a datapack that is almost if not a bug free. He also done stable dowgrades for people before and so on. He has done a lot and he knows what he is doing. If you think I’ll take your 50$ and buy an island and live off it, leave this thread. Im not here to convince you that I am not a scammer, I am a reliable person and I’ve been on this forum for 10 years. Feel free to support if you’d like to, or just don’t. Simple

Cant TFS be developed as OTClient is? With flags to check the protocol and features to be used.

Back