• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hypia - Discussion

still curious if dead or not, could you atleast confirm its "on hold" or something

still curious if dead or not, could you atleast confirm its "on hold" or something

I just checked hypia.net and their last news was published on 21th of march.

Although I doubt that this fills your curiosity.

I just checked hypia.net and their last news was published on 21th of march.

Although I doubt that this fills your curiosity.

Their website wasn't up a week ago, so some kind of progress has been made atleast.

still dead? also, is the server based on mystera? maps looks so

Despite there not being any updates, the server has been progressing a lot the past months.

We wanted to add something similiar to shrines into the game, and we figured the best way to do so was making a system that when you kill a monster, there's a chance for it to drop an "orb" and that orb can give you different bonuses when you take it, for example right now we've got double damage, movement speed & attack speed, double experience and we're planning to add more awesome ones that for example would make you shoot lighning arcs at nearby monsters for a period of time and if you've got any cool ideas feel free to tell us. You will also unlock some mounts/addons by taking a certain number of orbs, 10 orbs will give you the magma crawler mount.
PREVIEW OF THE SHRINE SYSTEM
http://gfycat.com/UnknownCornyHalcyon

Zones and quests:

There's so far 3 different zones, the starting area, 150+ area and 300+ area. You can get to the next zone by completing all of the quests in the previous zone or reaching the required level for the next zone. Completing all of the quests in the current zone also yields special rewards, this is from the starting area:
88pgZwVO9.png

The 150+ area and 300+ area consists solely of custom monsters, and every quest has unique monsters that doesn't exist in spawns, in total we've added around 100 new monsters. We've also worked a lot on making cool spells and most monsters got their own custom unique spells.

Some random monsters and places.
2asgTPmpm.png

dJ15FkE9G.png

9WzjzJ-UI.png

VojzZ2du2.png

oVNt7Dvk.png

LBEuqjLA8.png

uq9ji6ipa.png

p3_b2aHRJ.png

dvK9tMsW9.png

xcLeh_nRE.png

8ui7TI23f.png

TxVyZLv9E.png

k0slqn2e.png

We don't expect the server to be done anytime soon either - there's still lots of stuff that we want to add and we plan to add a lot more zones, I just wanted to write this to update some people and share some of our ideas.

Last edited:
Despite there not being any updates, the server has been progressing a lot the past months.

We wanted to add something similiar to shrines into the game, and we figured the best way to do so was making a system that when you kill a monster, there's a chance for it to drop an "orb" and that orb can give you different bonuses when you take it, for example right now we've got double damage, movement speed & attack speed, double experience and we're planning to add more awesome ones that for example would make you shoot lighning arcs at nearby monsters for a period of time and if you've got any cool ideas feel free to tell us.
What do you mean by lot of updates?
The one feature you talked about takes ~1 hour to script.
Or map update zone updates were part of it? Then I understand xD

Other than that, looks too generic server to me right now.
Shrines are cool feature, but the mechanics are not epic enough. (go beyond what Diablo offers)

The one feature you talked about takes ~1 hour to script.
Or map update zone updates were part of it? Then I understand xD

We're fully aware of that it's a simple system to create. It was something that our team created last week and we've been really enjoying it on the test server and I was excited to tell you guys about it ;). The map content has more than doubled since the last update and we've been testing all spawns, quests, spells and creatures thorougly to make the gameplay as fun as possible.

Last edited:
Other than that, looks too generic server to me right now.
The zones you see in the map are all new continents, among with the others that are not shown in the update post. These are just a small part of it.
It is a tibia server and we want to keep it that way - doing a pokemon server, for instance, is a little.. Well, overboard. We want to keep what goods tibia originally has to offer, and transfer them to a server that has interesting features that the engine can offer. We are trying our best to come up with new concepts that fit the server's gameplay. You are always open to share your ideas, they will not be overlooked.
Anyway, thank you for your input :)

Here is a sneak peek of the client for easier login access (you will still be able to use the original tibia client, which one you will be using is up to you)

Untitled.png

Sadly we haven't worked on the server the past month so there's nothing new, we've been enjoying @Sir Knighter's server the last couple of days where we've gotten a lot of motivation to work on the server again and we've also planned to make custom vocations after some discussions the past days. So stay tuned for that! There'll be a big update to the thread this month :)

Back